Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went back into some of her pre-lockdown videos, and though I never noticed it before, she did have quite a lot of forehead wrinkles. To me, it looked quite normal, though, and definitely not something that needed Botox. To be honest, I thought she was always more insecure about her double chin. Anyways, her face is far less expressive now (apart from perpetual surprise).

Reactions: 3
I went back into some of her pre-lockdown videos, and though I never noticed it before, she did have quite a lot of forehead wrinkles. To me, it looked quite normal, though, and definitely not something that needed Botox. To be honest, I thought she was always more insecure about her double chin. Anyways, her face is far less expressive now (apart from perpetual surprise).
She got fillers for her chin

I still don't get, given she made such a big deal about travel vlogging in the past, why one of what could have been their most appealing trips You Tube wise, we've seen nothing from Japan. I think she storied them arriving, but after that, nothing. It doesn't get mentioned. My gut instinct is she really wanted to go, but when she got there, she didn't like it. Maybe it was the food, the language barrier, who knows. I get the impression she's hard to work with sometimes, and can tend to be a bit immature for a 30-somthing year old.

Reactions: 6
I still don't get, given she made such a big deal about travel vlogging in the past, why one of what could have been their most appealing trips You Tube wise, we've seen nothing from Japan. I think she storied them arriving, but after that, nothing. It doesn't get mentioned. My gut instinct is she really wanted to go, but when she got there, she didn't like it. Maybe it was the food, the language barrier, who knows. I get the impression she's hard to work with sometimes, and can tend to be a bit immature for a 30-somthing year old.
Yeah I really wanted to see her Japan trip. She barely mentions it. The Disney Theme Parks are supposed to be amazing there. I reckon she didn't like it and felt completely out of her comfort zone and like you said probably due to the culture shock. I was supposed to be going this year but God knows when I will get the chance again

Reactions: 7
A few years ago I went to see a show in the west end with Sheridan Smith starring. I don’t know what it was, but my friend and I came out with a vibe that something was really ‘off’ - SS seemed not with it even though her performance was ok. It was uncomfortable to watch and we both felt strangely concerned about her. Later she came out as having MH concerns, and it really explained our gut feelings.

I get the same vibe from Emma atm- I feel she’s deeply unhappy and I feel very uncomfortable watching her. She needs to take care of herself and I honestly hope she’s ok.

Yeah I really wanted to see her Japan trip. She barely mentions it. The Disney Theme Parks are supposed to be amazing there. I reckon she didn't like it and felt completely out of her comfort zone and like you said probably due to the culture shock. I was supposed to be going this year but God knows when I will get the chance again
I was looking forward to the Japan vlogs too. I was there in 2017 for a wedding and wanted to see what her experience was like, especially Disney Land since I didn’t get a chance to go. I’m guessing it was the food (even though fried chicken is easily found in Japan), the crowds and the language that increased her anxiety.

I agree there’s more going on behind the scenes. I’m assuming her triumphant return was because she’d been paid up for all her projects from the past 6-9 months so it was time for the performing monkey to get back on her horse and make some bread.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally agree with everyone above regarding her Japan trip. In the end, I'm glad she didn't post anything, as Japan is one of my favorite places in the world, and I wouldn't want anyone's impression of it to be spoilt by Emma's whining and negativity.

I had a look at one of her older vlogs, from almost 3 years ago, and the difference is astonishing. She's still kind of annoying, but she's energetic and appears happy to be there--totally different from her vibe now.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if all this coincides with her having joined Gleam, if she's signed with them, and is tied by a contract, maybe she's not been able to cope feeling obliged to take work offered her way, as in she formalised her social media influencer role by joining Gleam but then regretted making that move.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if all this coincides with her having joined Gleam, if she's signed with them, and is tied by a contract, maybe she's not been able to cope feeling obliged to take work offered her way, as in she formalised her social media influencer role by joining Gleam but then regretted making that move.
When she joined gleam she was already a few years solo influencing, and she certainly could read the contract beforehand and could've asked people that are already with gleam. She wasn't a 18yo newby. She knew herself and knew what she was doing. I wonder if she even is still with gleam. Because I can't see how.
My theory is that she was/is miserable the whole time, Simon wasn't having it, they had a break, she had neither the motivation to film nor did she have an editor (I guess Simon would still have edited her videos, he can do that remotely).
She tried to fix her mental space, month after month passed by, money was getting less and less, Simon moved back in hoping she has changed. She got a dopamine kick because he was back, started to work again but the dopamine kick wears off... I wait for a rinse and repeat..
Don't get me wrong, I like Emma. I wish her all the best. Having mental health problems is not easy, especially when your whole existence is bound on it (money and relationship with husband). The stress this is causing doesn't help in getting better.
I think it's good she started again even when the content is boring. There are only so many blazer/jeans/jumper videos you can make, but it is a start.

Whew new video is a bore fest. She really does not seem excited. It’s like she’s working really hard for it not to sound forced, but ends up just sounding so over it.

Reactions: 1
Her chin is looking better, but that could be down to the weight loss, but yes, her forehead is barely moving.

Reactions: 1
I do find her videos uninspiring but more importantly she does sound and act as if she does have mental health issues. I wish her well but I can no longer watch her as she does make me feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: 12
She’s quite obviously not very well is she. I hope she gets some help and gets better soon.

I really think she’s thinks she could work for vogue, yes she can put together a blazer and some trousers and trainers or a beige jumper and some boots, but to have the same aesthetic and not even take into consideration the trends of the season or mix it up a bit it just a bit boring!!
If she really thinks she’s as great at styling as she seems to think she is she should try and do that as a job as she clearly doesn’t enjoy you tube. It would mean actually having to work though and I’m not sure a blazer every day is a look people want, and I highly doubt she could handle getting up everyday to go to office as we probably all do!

Reactions: 5
I really think she’s thinks she could work for vogue, yes she can put together a blazer and some trousers and trainers or a beige jumper and some boots, but to have the same aesthetic and not even take into consideration the trends of the season or mix it up a bit it just a bit boring!!
If she really thinks she’s as great at styling as she seems to think she is she should try and do that as a job as she clearly doesn’t enjoy you tube. It would mean actually having to work though and I’m not sure a blazer every day is a look people want, and I highly doubt she could handle getting up everyday to go to office as we probably all do!
I actually think Emma knows she's boring, which might be contributing to her current malaise. She's in a creative rut that can't be solved by just buying more designer bags. Her "style uniform" is so limited to the point where there isn't any room for fun or originality. Even if you said "I only wear black, gray, and navy", you can still plan interesting outfits by playing with different silhouettes. Or if you're like "These silhouettes work for my body" then you can incorporate color and pattern. She says NO to color, NO to prints, won't deviate from jeans and blazers, doesn't like dresses or skirts, and just plays it safe in general. Even she's getting bored of herself.

I actually think Emma knows she's boring, which might be contributing to her current malaise. She's in a creative rut that can't be solved by just buying more designer bags. Her "style uniform" is so limited to the point where there isn't any room for fun or originality. Even if you said "I only wear black, gray, and navy", you can still plan interesting outfits by playing with different silhouettes. Or if you're like "These silhouettes work for my body" then you can incorporate color and pattern. She says NO to color, NO to prints, won't deviate from jeans and blazers, doesn't like dresses or skirts, and just plays it safe in general. Even she's getting bored of herself.
I did used to really like her maybe because I’m a sucker for a zara haul and I get she doesn’t want to do that because of sustainability but Your right she’s just so boring!!! I’m not an expert but surely people that truely appreciate fashion dont just stick to the same 3 looks shes got the income to really go for so surely she could use that to create some interesting content!
even if she explained her botox I’d find that more intresting than another beige jumper I can looks on the h&m website for that myself lol

Reactions: 3
I did used to really like her maybe because I’m a sucker for a zara haul and I get she doesn’t want to do that because of sustainability but Your right she’s just so boring!!! I’m not an expert but surely people that truely appreciate fashion dont just stick to the same 3 looks shes got the income to really go for so surely she could use that to create some interesting content!
even if she explained her botox I’d find that more intresting than another beige jumper I can looks on the h&m website for that myself lol
I went back and watched her other Botox videos the other day, I’d really watch a video with her explain the processes etc and why she decided to get it and what her long term plan for it is

Reactions: 2
I did used to really like her maybe because I’m a sucker for a zara haul and I get she doesn’t want to do that because of sustainability
Didn't she get namechecked on that Stacey Dooley fast fashion documentary? I'm guessing that made her feel embarrassed with her whole haul based USP.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.