Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats a god point, probably something they could have thought about before they brought the leather sofa. Can’t remember what they had before that, but of well, everyone makes bad buying decisions once in a while.
I guess it shows that some of these influencers can develop some sense over fashion/trends. I wouldn't be surprised though if after a year they decide they do want something cooler. Or then gut the living area completely and get it re-done professionally (cough cough tragic fireplace).

Reactions: 4
What if the fireplace was really Simon taking the piss out of Emma? Or--gasp!--a cry for help. Like, this sad, unbalanced turd of a mantel is a metaphor for their relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Get ready for her collab with The Curated or whatever it’s called. Shall we take bets on what the collection will include? T-shirt, blazer, jeans, leather bag, cashmere sweater.

She will def mention their “sustainability” which is severely lacking my professional opinion because they don’t even mention it at all on their site, but hey ho. Also, all of their #curatedwomen are white...thanks for your performative allyship, Emma.

Reactions: 8
Wait, I thought she did ads for them before... I swear she wore their Celine knockoff bag months ago. Doesn't she already own the like, 5 things they make, or am I just confusing it with every single other thing she wears because it all looks the same? I liked "that Curated coat" the first time I saw it, but I'm already sick of seeing on EVERYONE. When brands gift their things to a million bloggers, it has the opposite effect on me and I stop wanting it.

Reactions: 7
Wait, I thought she did ads for them before... I swear she wore their Celine knockoff bag months ago. Doesn't she already own the like, 5 things they make, or am I just confusing it with every single other thing she wears because it all looks the same? I liked "that Curated coat" the first time I saw it, but I'm already sick of seeing on EVERYONE. When brands gift their things to a million bloggers, it has the opposite effect on me and I stop wanting it.
Nope, same brand! She’s been getting things from them for, what? A year or 2? You are 100% about the knockoff Celine. She even went so far to say that they improved the bag based on her feedback. But now it’s “Emma Hill x The Curated”. I’m assuming this is the Sunday video she said she was filming. How ironic that the first video she pushes live after 4!!! months as silence is one where she’s probably contractually obligated and getting paid.

Also, her paid partnership videos are the most boring and get the fewest views. Way to stick it to your fans, Emma.

• Haha
Anyone watch her latest upload? I don’t know why but something seemed different, I still don’t think she wants to come back but because she’s partnering up with that brand I think she has to so she can promote it in all her videos to make some money out of it. It all was very fake to me.

Reactions: 3
Anyone watch her latest upload? I don’t know why but something seemed different, I still don’t think she wants to come back but because she’s partnering up with that brand I think she has to so she can promote it in all her videos to make some money out of it. It all was very fake to me.
Watching it now, Emma seems quite awkward and unhappy. Which leads me to think something else is going on behind the scenes. I don't know if it's just me but something seems different about her face, maybe it's just weight loss and the fact she has no phone *cough* Instagram *cough* in front of her face.

Her update seems quite patronising the way she goes on about being a creator and having to be in the mood to film. Must be nice having a job where you can decide not to do anything if you aren't in the mood. No structure on the upload days because that is too much pressure. :rolleyes:

I know there has been a lot of speculation about her and Simon, if there have been issues in the marriage the no vlogging thing makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: 10
She’s going through something strange that’s for sure. The picture with her hair up, some fangirl has commented OMG I love your hair clip where did you get it, it’s just one of those cheap tortoiseshell plastic clips you get from Boots 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think she looked uncomfortable and it seemed her heart wasn’t really in it. Don’t wanna be a witch (although obvs I’m gonna be) but that house is so blaaaaaaand

• Haha
Just watched it, she did look uncomfortable but that could just be down to the long break and being out of practice talking to camera. Am still convinced they've been through some personal stuff during lockdown. Like she said, they'd been at home on their own pretty much since Christmas decorating, then lockdown hit, it's a long stint to be home just the two of you.

I'm all for a neutral home but wow everything is so bland! That sofa is the same colour as the wall and the floor and the rug. Add some contrast.

And the outdoor furniture is the same colour as the tiles and also the IKEA loungers looked better before she painted them. At least they had some variation with the wood and now they are bland grey too.

Also the "art" just doesn't go with anything. You could definitely make that art work with a different decor.

Watching it now, Emma seems quite awkward and unhappy. Which leads me to think something else is going on behind the scenes. I don't know if it's just me but something seems different about her face, maybe it's just weight loss and the fact she has no phone *cough* Instagram *cough* in front of her face.

Her update seems quite patronising the way she goes on about being a creator and having to be in the mood to film. Must be nice having a job where you can decide not to do anything if you aren't in the mood. No structure on the upload days because that is too much pressure. :rolleyes:

I know there has been a lot of speculation about her and Simon, if there have been issues in the marriage the no vlogging thing makes a lot of sense.
I know I've said it before but this video really highlights how incredibly privileged they are. She's had several months in which she/they could have taken the time (some of it anyway) to seriously think about their direction going forward.... instead of "uhm,uhm, well we're not quite sure but maybe Wednesday and Sunday, but we don't want to set things out as that's too much pressure etc etc" . If you're not ready, don't post a video until you well and truly are!

I'm not quite sure what content she has planned going forward, as there are really only so many times people will watch a blazer/jeans/coats collection video;her style is incredibly monotonous now and most of her house now appears to be in the same shade.

The only plus point (I will give Simon a point for this) is that the Disney prints are at least more visually interesting than the generic cookie cutter desenio ones on every wall before this makeover.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really can’t stand how they have the sofa shoved up against the wall. If they pulled it closer to the fireplace, there’d be a lovely walkway right to the stairs and they could have a long accent table behind it...and more space to put drinks, etc. There also wouldn’t be so much negative space in the center of the living room and not as much need for a massive rug.

There is absolutely no warmth in that house. It’s like it’s been styled as a show home.

Reactions: 10
I really can’t stand how they have the sofa shoved up against the wall. If they pulled it closer to the fireplace, there’d be a lovely walkway right to the stairs and they could have a long accent table behind it...and more space to put drinks, etc. There also wouldn’t be so much negative space in the center of the living room and not as much need for a massive rug.

There is absolutely no warmth in that house. It’s like it’s been styled as a show home.
Every time she shows her living room I think this exactly. When they open the front door it's like BOOM, sofa. They used to have it like you suggest but they decided to change it because "it didn't work for them" which I get, each to their own I guess, but it really looks pretty bad how it is right now. I also feel like they should add a coffee table, not just for comfort and practicality but because it would take up a bit of all that empty space between the sofa and the horrible fireplace. They used to have a glass one from ikea but they decided to take it away too. Interesting decisions... Megan Ellaby, another blogger, has had two living rooms in two different houses without a coffee table and I've always found it really strange. One because I can't imagine not having a place to rest my cup of coffee or to stock a couple of books, but also because it looks empty. It reminds me of the scene from Matilda when Matilda and Miss Honey remove the furniture to turn the living room into a skating area lol.

Every time she shows her living room I think this exactly. When they open the front door it's like BOOM, sofa. They used to have it like you suggest but they decided to change it because "it didn't work for them" which I get, each to their own I guess, but it really looks pretty bad how it is right now. I also feel like they should add a coffee table, not just for comfort and practicality but because it would take up a bit of all that empty space between the sofa and the horrible fireplace. They used to have a glass one from ikea but they decided to take it away too. Interesting decisions... Megan Ellaby, another blogger, has had two living rooms in two different houses without a coffee table and I've always found it really strange. One because I can't imagine not having a place to rest my cup of coffee or to stock a couple of books, but also because it looks empty. It reminds me of the scene from Matilda when Matilda and Miss Honey remove the furniture to turn the living room into a skating area lol.
I really don't like that they took the bigger "dinning"/working table away to put in a tiny round table. The space looks even smaller now. They should put a mirror over the sofa not a picture. I also liked their old kitchen style more. The new kitchen is soulless.
We don't have that type of house here, where you open the front door and are boom in the living room. Lizzy Hadfield's living room is also so unfortunate. I couldn't relax on her sofa how it positioned directly in the front window. But at least she doesn't buy new furniture every season.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.