Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s all reproduction furniture. The originals cost £££££
I would rather save up and buy pre loved than the knock off version.
The fireplace is SO AWFUL it makes me quite anxious !

Reactions: 11
It’s all reproduction furniture. The originals cost £££££
I would rather save up and buy pre loved than the knock off version.
The fireplace is SO AWFUL it makes me quite anxious !
I know the Eames lounger is a reproduction (and being used as Simon’s video games chair 😳), but what about that lamp?

Reactions: 3
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Given past incidents (e.g. posing with that flag) and her recent foray into "reading" and wokeness, i would have hoped she'd at least take this comment on board and edit the caption.
I wonder if she gets off on being ignorant and dim?

Reactions: 1
I think she says she mainly eats vegan rather than is a vegan but could be wrong. That said, her diet looks much more varied now.

I also think, she doesn’t really know what direction to take. What she was good at - showing you how to work high street looks and doing the hauls - was directly referenced in the fast fashion doc. I’ve noted there is a sustainability Instagrammer who has really been on her back to denounce fast fashion (EH does have a huge following so she wants her to be the sort of example to them). So I think she can’t really do what she set herself up to do a few years ago - Simon training, specific space in her flat to film in. And she doesn’t really have another angle.

Reactions: 2
With the home account and the travel vlogs, she's definitely dipped her toe in the water on moving into more lifestyle territory, problem is, subject matter and inconsistancy. Subject matter as most of their travel has involved Disney, and inconsistancy as when they went to Japan, what could have been one of their most interesting travel volgs, they vlogged the first day, then stopped as Emma had a melt down.

Now, fair enough on the melt down side, but how would that go down in an emplyment scenario?, saying to your boss, 'I can't work this month as my heads not in the right space'. Everyone has ups and downs, that's life, but Emma seems to have more downs and if it really has become debilitating, I hope she's getting help and support.

Still, income wise, it can't be bad given during lockdown, they're still making big purchases. My furlough money won't stretch to a Celine handbag.

Reactions: 12
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Given past incidents (e.g. posing with that flag) and her recent foray into "reading" and wokeness, i would have hoped she'd at least take this comment on board and edit the caption.
It’s really crappy that she can’t just say “wow, thanks for the info. I’ll change the caption and learn more.” Instead she tries to justify it with something equally inappropriate?!

Reactions: 7
With the home account and the travel vlogs, she's definitely dipped her toe in the water on moving into more lifestyle territory, problem is, subject matter and inconsistancy. Subject matter as most of their travel has involved Disney, and inconsistancy as when they went to Japan, what could have been one of their most interesting travel volgs, they vlogged the first day, then stopped as Emma had a melt down.

Now, fair enough on the melt down side, but how would that go down in an emplyment scenario?, saying to your boss, 'I can't work this month as my heads not in the right space'. Everyone has ups and downs, that's life, but Emma seems to have more downs and if it really has become debilitating, I hope she's getting help and support.

Still, income wise, it can't be bad given during lockdown, they're still making big purchases. My furlough money won't stretch to a Celine handbag.
Right? I didn't understand the Japan meltdown at all. Later on she said they walked loads while in Japan like 10k at least each day? If she really had a melt down how was she able to handle that? I know when I've had mental health meltdowns on vacation I've wanted to just spend all day in the hotel or near by. If they were out and about doing a lot of stuff still I don't see why they couldn't have vlogged. Though walking does also help me when my anxiety is bad, but like you said on days my anxiety is really bad I still show up to work and try my best. Maybe if things are awful I take a personal day but I can't just take a whole month off.

I think what bugs me about Emma is that I can understand the anxiety and the digestive issues bc I have those too. But then I see her be nasty to fans or make ignorant comments and I just get so annoyed. Lots of people have mental health issues she could gain audience from people who also struggle but instead she just chooses to do nothing for months on end. The virus isn't going to just vanish, things will be weird for a lot longer, she needs to either commit to making videos or just stay off social media all together.

Reactions: 9
The virus isn't going to just vanish, things will be weird for a lot longer, she needs to either commit to making videos or just stay off social media all together.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. One of the things that annoy me about Emma is that she has the resources and stability to seek professional help.

I have had a lot of issues myself, and have family members with mental health issues with a younger brother that suffers from both ADHD and bipolar. I was finally getting my like on track, getting a job, getting my deposit and first rent finalized. Also having super lucky and getting help from the Norwegian social services for the move, food, and the second rent since I am not sure when I get paid (I pray its next week). The pay is the 12 but I am not starting until the 24. Not sure if I get paid the same month I start or the month after.

All was going fine until like Thursday last week when my brothers panicking asks for a lot of money, he owned some shady dude money and that he was in town looking for my brother. I lost almost 1000 pounds that day and everyone in my family now is penniless, with little to no food left in the fridge.

I am still lucky that in a worst-case scenario, if I don't get paid next week, I can borrow money from some family members. I wish that I could just disappear for months, taking some selfies while raking in the cash and still having enough money for luxe items. I don't think influencers understand how privileged they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Simon is alive! And there may be a new video later this week! To lay out the terms of videos going forward!

Can't wait to learn about the 15 beige things I need to buy so I can look just like every influencer on IG (sustainable brands only you guys!) Wheeeeeee

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Just seen Simon on the home account, glad he's ok.

I love IKEA, but I got a bit surprised that they swapped their couch with an IKEA couch, with all the expensive handbags etc. Mabey they did not get anyone to send a couch for free or with a huge discount. I hope it's going to last a bit longer than the previous one.

The new shelves look nice, but the fireplace is atrocious. It would have been easier and prettier if they upcycled a second-hand fireplace instead.

Reactions: 7

I love IKEA, but I got a bit surprised that they swapped their couch with an IKEA couch, with all the expensive handbags etc. Mabey they did not get anyone to send a couch for free or with a huge discount. I hope it's going to last a bit longer than the previous one.

The new shelves look nice, but the fireplace is atrocious. It would have been easier and prettier if they upcycled a second-hand fireplace instead.
Maybe it's faked evidence and he is photoshopped in 🤭

• Haha

I think her justification was because they've got so many dogs jumping on the couch, the removable covers are a plus and they didn't see the point in an expensive investment if the dogs will scratch it/etc. She also mentioned that she now gets cheap IKEA rugs because the dogs will always dirty them up.

I mean it does make sense if you've got 5 of them jumping on furniture - I prefer them getting an Ikea couch over spending 5000 pounds on a leather or velvet thing that looks like tit in a year and they'll replace again.

I mean it does make sense if you've got 5 of them jumping on furniture - I prefer them getting an Ikea couch over spending 5000 pounds on a leather or velvet thing that looks like tit in a year and they'll replace again.
Thats a god point, probably something they could have thought about before they brought the leather sofa. Can’t remember what they had before that, but of well, everyone makes bad buying decisions once in a while.

I spy a mushroom lamp in her 3rd-to-last post on her home IG. And of course, she also has a naked lady torso vase. Will the blogger echo-chamber never end? Will any of these people show an ounce of originality?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.