Emma Hill #2 Content is reduced, reused, and recycled, but her wardrobe is brandnew

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently they are moving more into the countryside... maybe that will motivate Emma to finally drop the "London girl" charade.

I also can't help but snark the final Home tour - what a bland affair. Emma has nothing to say about any of it. Her whole vibe is dismissive somehow. Weird for someone who lived there for 10 years. Somehow it feels like she can't wait to be rid of it, now that she renovated it to be as soulless as possible. It literally looks like the set of a TV show. I also still feel that it is weird to sink so much money into the renovations and then to not even enjoy it for a year or two. Maybe it really does make financial sense to do up a house and sell it for much more than you would get without the reno.
But unless you manage by some miracle to exactly match the taste of the person who buys your house, they are going to change things again, won't they? Seems like a waste of resources.

Also woe betide the person who has to live with that ugly bathroom now. It's truly terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s always best to renovate then sell if that was your intension from the start otherwise if you leave it it gets more “ used “
You can say - yep all practically brand new.
if they have done their financial homework and the price they have added with the renovations exceeds the outlay then they are £ in.
The house exterior is BEYOND UGLY. No wonder she posts from Notting Hill …. So would I !
It’s the fireplace - I still gag when I see it

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ughhh another London influencer who moves to the countryside, calls it the Cotswolds and suddenly picks up gardening and needs a £25k greenhouse. Gag me with a spoon. Her black on black on beige aesthetic isn’t very Cotswolds-y.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Apparently they are moving more into the countryside... maybe that will motivate Emma to finally drop the "London girl" charade.

I also can't help but snark the final Home tour - what a bland affair. Emma has nothing to say about any of it. Her whole vibe is dismissive somehow. Weird for someone who lived there for 10 years. Somehow it feels like she can't wait to be rid of it, now that she renovated it to be as soulless as possible. It literally looks like the set of a TV show. I also still feel that it is weird to sink so much money into the renovations and then to not even enjoy it for a year or two. Maybe it really does make financial sense to do up a house and sell it for much more than you would get without the reno.
But unless you manage by some miracle to exactly match the taste of the person who buys your house, they are going to change things again, won't they? Seems like a waste of resources.

Also woe betide the person who has to live with that ugly bathroom now. It's truly terrible.
It’s the fireplace that would annoy me. That would be the first to go ...

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s the fireplace that would annoy me. That would be the first to go ...
I didn't realize she designed it. I always thought it was Simon's little project, but no. It sprang from Emma's hand. In case we didn't realize she was naturally artistic.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don't get the whole renovating before you move stuff. It is one thing if you need to re paint or replace carpet right before you move but I wouldn't have done such a major bathroom renovation right before moving. You are just going to have to renovate your new place potentially so unless you live in an area where it is hard to sell seems pointless to me.

Reactions: 8
Can you imagine how smug and condescending she'll be now that she's moving to the countryside? After being a "London girl" for so long, she'll be quick to point out all the things that suck about city life and how much smarter and better than us she is for leaving.

• Haha
The street is so god damn ugly…..if she could pick that house up and move it about 3 miles she could have had an asking price of at least 100k more….

Reactions: 6
I don't get the whole renovating before you move stuff. It is one thing if you need to re paint or replace carpet right before you move but I wouldn't have done such a major bathroom renovation right before moving. You are just going to have to renovate your new place potentially so unless you live in an area where it is hard to sell seems pointless to me.
They had to fix the leak (or whatever the issue was in the shower) so probably figured cost/benefit wise, it was better to just reno the whole bathroom. They did that bathroom dirty though. That’s for sure.

I wonder if they’re moving into a fixer upper. Seeing as they did such a great job (🙄) with the renos they did in London, I’m sure they’re ready for a new project (i.e., aff links and freebies). Hide your fireplaces now countryside homes!

Reactions: 5
She won’t be going to the Cotswolds - it’s too far and expensive.
Most probably Essex. That’s where they have family from recollection

Reactions: 6
Is zone 5 even London though? 🤣

(I know that’s a bit cheeky - I just struggle to think of places like where she lives as London even though it’s been classified as such for 50 years)

Zone 5+ tattlers - I’m just jealous of your extra bedrooms and generous gardens 💕

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is zone 5 even London though? 🤣

(I know that’s a bit cheeky - I just struggle to think of places like where she lives as London even though it’s been classified as such for 50 years)

Zone 5+ tattlers - I’m just jealous of your extra bedrooms and generous gardens 💕
I know she’s not going to the Cotswolds. I was just being snarky witch since that’s where Lidl and Inthefrow want their followers to think they’ve moved to, but it’s really Milton Keynes 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I just can’t imagine her I’m a country setting, she seems utterly miserable most of the time can’t imagine her immersing herself in any village life her style is very modern / minimal she belongs in an empty apartment in Berlin surround by objects she classifys as cool only having interaction with the outside world to get her photo taken!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I just can’t imagine her I’m a country setting, she seems utterly miserable most of the time can’t imagine her immersing herself in any village life her style is very modern / minimal she belongs in an empty apartment in Berlin surround by objects she classifys as cool only having interaction with the outside world to get her photo taken!
I don't see her going full country mouse either. She'll probably end up in a suburb or outskirts of a smaller city (still within driving distance to a mall or KFC). Even though she clearly hates other people, she needs them around so she can feel a sense of superiority. She'll be the only one in the village who uses Aesop body wash and wears "Seh-LAAAYYNE" bags.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't see her going full country mouse either. She'll probably end up in a suburb or outskirts of a smaller city (still within driving distance to a mall or KFC). Even though she clearly hates other people, she needs them around so she can feel a sense of superiority. She'll be the only one in the village who uses Aesop body wash and wears "Seh-LAAAYYNE" bags.
I agree, I can't see her fully adapting either. I always had the impression that she needed to feel like she was a real city dweller, even though she was, for all intents and purposes, really not "in" the city for the last ten years. She also never took advantage of London at all, it's not like she lived a city life, she just wanted to appear close to it somehow. Seems like a weird sore spot for her (is she afraid of seeming provincial?). If that's the case I wonder how she's going to deal with this move.

Reactions: 13
I was really put off by her 'asking for advice' - i.e begging for a roomba and big plant pots. And then following up by tagging iRoomba in her stories - can she make it any less obvious she's wanting freebies?

Has had zero interaction with her followers, always snarky and closed off and now suddenly she's oh so cheery to ask for recs and share info/make jokes whilst tagging companies, does anyone really believe she's genuinely engaging with her followers?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I was really put off by her 'asking for advice' - i.e begging for a roomba and big plant pots. And then following up by tagging iRoomba in her stories - can she make it any less obvious she's wanting freebies?

Has had zero interaction with her followers, always snarky and closed off and now suddenly she's oh so cheery to ask for recs and share info/make jokes whilst tagging companies, does anyone really believe she's genuinely engaging with her followers?
Absolutely! That was my first impression, came across very much like fellow beggars extraordinaire Lidl, ITF and Josie. Emma has always made a big deal of the fact that they paid for all their renovations, but when she does declare gifts/ads etc she is so passive aggressive about it. How is she gonna declare all the future gifts she's trying to get without making herself miserable with the declarations🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.