Emma Drew #5 WLS, can’t eat a thing. Except cheese, beans and meat from a tin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t post a lot but Jesus that is awful. Cancer is horrific but being told in the middle of a pandemic when you are so worried about getting the right treatment must be next level.

I hope it’s a low stage and can be treated

Reactions: 5
Whatever someone does that we disagree with or think is not right... nobody deserves cancer.
sending love and hugs 🤗

As the thread is full anyway there is no need for a new one. Hoping she is one of the lucky ones, it was caught early enough, and she has a speedy recovery.

Reactions: 6
I watched some of her live. She said her treatment is the mirena coil (she already has it) and gentle exercise to lose weight. Once she has lost enough weight she will get surgery to remove the cyst/possible hysterectomy

She said she had no symptoms so the weight loss surgery may have saved her life

I wish her the best for recovery. Of course we’ve all called her out on here and had a giggle at her antics but it’s clear no one wishes her any harm

Reactions: 11
No, this is horrifying. Id come off calling her out on here anyway because i thought to myself we don't know everything which goes on.

I liked her and just got annoyed by thinking she was underhand about some things.

I feel so sad for her, no one deserves this

Reactions: 3
Really sad news and I wish her all the best. None of us wish her harm and I hope she makes a full recovery.

Gosh what sad news. I hope Emma beats it and stays healthy. I imagine it's a scary time to be dealing with something like that too.

Emma if you are reading this: we do all wish you well and have a speedy recovery. We are not bad people as what others may think

This forum is just to air opinions which many won’t agree. But we are thinking of you

Reactions: 21
Hope she is alright and everything resolves favourably. Some things don't add up though... but I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: 10
Poor Emma. Luckily womb cancer has an excellent prognosis and treatment can be very effective and low risk.

Hope she is alright and everything resolves favourably. Some things don't add up though... but I'll leave it at that.
What things?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Emma said the treatment for her is the mirena coil. My cousin had the same treatment -mirena coil. Her thickened womb lining was biopsied and cancerous and thankfully the lowest possible grade and thus hormone treatment worked and no further treatment alongside this. My cousin was 19 stone and her consultant said her obesity is the main cause of womb cancer in under 40’s. I hope Emma’s is the same outcome and the weight drops off her to save her life.
Now from her stories, it sounded as if Emma’s consultant was more concerned with her huge ovarian cyst and the chance of rupture/strangulation of this. But I may be wrong.
Emma said she knew it was bad news when Costa was shut. She then got her Costa elsewhere. I personally don’t understand how she was obsessing over Costa that day, but still. I wish her good health.

Emma said the treatment for her is the mirena coil. My cousin had the same treatment -mirena coil. Her thickened womb lining was biopsied and cancerous and thankfully the lowest possible grade and thus hormone treatment worked and no further treatment alongside this. My cousin was 19 stone and her consultant said her obesity is the main cause of womb cancer in under 40’s. I hope Emma’s is the same outcome and the weight drops off her to save her life.
Now from her stories, it sounded as if Emma’s consultant was more concerned with her huge ovarian cyst and the chance of rupture/strangulation of this. But I may be wrong.
Emma said she knew it was bad news when Costa was shut. She then got her Costa elsewhere. I personally don’t understand how she was obsessing over Costa that day, but still. I wish her good health.
Will the coil help it to go or will it always be there and not progress? I didn't know a coil was used to treat cancer until she said.

Reactions: 1
Will the coil help it to go or will it always be there and not progress? I didn't know a coil was used to treat cancer until she said.
I didn't know that either. My first thought was surgery to remove the cancer followed by chemotherapy/radiotherapy. Hopefully she will recover sooner than soon but I do hope that this is the wake up call needed to tweak her relationship with food

It’s only a sole treatment (along with hormone injections ) in very early stage of women of child bearing age. If Emma doesn’t want kids or it’s more advanced they do hysterectomy too. They’ll monitor her womb as the hormones in the coil will thin the womb lining and they can keep testing it.

I think she was considering posting a YT video, that might clear up some of the blanks.

Reactions: 1
Just awful news made worse having to go through it in such a global crisis and getting the news alone.

Here's hoping they can treat it easily. Remove the cyst as easily as possible. That £10,000 for surgery suddenly became priceless.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.