Emma Drew #5 WLS, can’t eat a thing. Except cheese, beans and meat from a tin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely not trying to be a cow and fully understand it’s probably my ignorance but can someone explain if this is normal for Cancer. She says the treatment will be her coil and an hour of exercise every day and then they’ll review it in 3 months? Isn’t Cancer something that needs to be dealt with aggressively and straight away? Can you just leave Cancer for 3 months to see how things go? That doesn’t sound right? Maybe I misunderstood what she was saying and the video will help clear things up.
I don’t think there’s any backtracking going on is there? You can acknowledge someone’s a ridiculous lying problematic moose but still not wish Cancer on them! You can also wish them well in their recovery whilst acknowledging they are highly problematic too

Reactions: 11
Genuinely not trying to be a cow and fully understand it’s probably my ignorance but can someone explain if this is normal for Cancer. She says the treatment will be her coil and an hour of exercise every day and then they’ll review it in 3 months? Isn’t Cancer something that needs to be dealt with aggressively and straight away? Can you just leave Cancer for 3 months to see how things go? That doesn’t sound right? Maybe I misunderstood what she was saying and the video will help clear things up.
I don’t think there’s any backtracking going on is there? You can acknowledge someone’s a ridiculous lying problematic moose but still not wish Cancer on them! You can also wish them well in their recovery whilst acknowledging they are highly problematic too
Tbh - if you’ve just found out you’ve got cancer you’ll be all over the place. She literally came on and did a video hours after finding out. Who cares if she did back track, I doubt she’s lying about cancer and that’s the main thing here. Yes she has her faults with her blogging tit but she doesn’t deserve this. I hope the treatment she’s already had / continues to do helps her and she gets the all clear soon

Reactions: 3
Tbh - if you’ve just found out you’ve got cancer you’ll be all over the place. She literally came on and did a video hours after finding out. Who cares if she did back track, I doubt she’s lying about cancer and that’s the main thing here. Yes she has her faults with her blogging tit but she doesn’t deserve this. I hope the treatment she’s already had / continues to do helps her and she gets the all clear soon
From my understanding the exercise is to help her lose more weight and the coil to thin the womb lining. In a few months they may look at other options but the cancer I believe works with hormones. Not only will emma lose weight and be in a healthier position for other treatments, like hysterectomy etc, the lower body weight will help her estrogen levels as obese women are known to over produce it. I think that's right from what I remember.

Also about her going on about Costa. When you have just had a cancer diagnosis and are on your own, or walking to get a diagnosis alone....you will seek comfort in anything. Also,maybe costs was just a way of coping at the time

Reactions: 5
I get the impression this is very very early and a very few cancerous cells rather than a tumour?
I've had some removed after a colonoscopy for something else found an area of concern. My immune system might have suppressed it for years and it might never have developed if I hadn't have been tested but they removed them anyway. Not a nice word to hear ever but in my case it was an incidental finding and I've never given it another thought. Hopefully the same for emma.... 🤔

Reactions: 1
I haven’t followed her in a while and that’s awful if she has cancer. Is it cancer or pre cancerous cells?
It must be cancer. I had a colposcopy to remove cancerous cells and they never sat me down and said it was cancer. Just that it was cells that needed to be removed before it turned into cancer and the letter even said ‘it’s not cancer but we need to get you in’

Reactions: 2
Watched the latest YT video. I don't understand why her bypass surgeon wouldn't have written to her GP to refer to the cancer pathway program? Instead, she mentions that 'she' went to her GP to ask to be referred, but why would she feel the need to be referred to the cancer pathway if the surgeon mentioned she had a large ovarian cyst but he himself wasn't worried about it? Normally for cysts (non-symptomatic), they refer to gynaecology so they can do scans and bloodwork. This in itself makes no sense.

I agree. I've been through so many of these tests and know consultants within a gynae setting that it makes absolutely no sense. The thickened lining could be hyperplasia, endometriosis, it could be the point in her cycle it could be because of her weight. Polyps again could be any of the above. It just makes no sense. She notes she had a large ovarian cyst. So why did she feel the need to ask her GP for a referral for cancer testing? They would do hormone panels as well as the CA125, but she mentions that the CA125 could be a variety of reasons (mostly due to ovaries or endometriosis) so why did they get her in for a wanda scan?

Reactions: 2
I’ve not watched the latest YT video but I have seen she’s now sharing her Amazon wish list on Instagram as people want to buy her gifts apparently! Surely the usual response is “oh thank you, that’s so generous but you really don’t have to buy me anything” not share everything you want in the hopes that strangers buy it for you. It just doesn’t sit well with me at all. Very odd.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Are we getting a new thread?! Just titled 'Emma drew'
It's clear some people still want to discuss? How does tattle usually handle this kind of thing?

Cares more about ''oh how much weight I'll lose when it [ovarian cyst] comes out' I know most would not be considering that. They advised they found normal and cancerous cells. Stage 1, grade 1a cells, all literature tells you this rarely needs further treatment, possibly treated in the same way as abnormal cervix cells found during smear tests.

Yet, I know people who are friends with her, close friends and she was putting it out there that she might need a 'hysterectomy' from the start. Yet, the NHS would do radiotherapy and chemotherapy first in order to retain fertility from stage 2 onwards. What about methotrexate, or medications stronger than the ''coil'' and ''exercise'' I highly doubt that hysterectomy is what the NHS would opt for especially at stage 1, grade 1a cells.

If this is how she thinks it works then everyone who has ever had abnormal smear results should get it from 50 years onwards.

Reactions: 3
Admits not suppose to be eating bread for another two months, but had a toastie from Costa 3-4 weeks before that. New thread definitely needed :cool:

Reactions: 4
I’ve not watched the latest YT video but I have seen she’s now sharing her Amazon wish list on Instagram as people want to buy her gifts apparently! Surely the usual response is “oh thank you, that’s so generous but you really don’t have to buy me anything” not share everything you want in the hopes that strangers buy it for you. It just doesn’t sit well with me at all. Very odd.
Poundland are also sending her a massive box of chocolates that she hinted for

Screenshot_20200405-185742_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200405-185726_Facebook.jpg

• Sick
  • Angry
Poundland are also sending her a massive box of chocolates that she hinted for
She mentions in her YT video today that everyone is asking what they can do and she ''wasn't sure if she should set up an Amazon wishlist'' :mad: I would be starting a fundraiser to raise money for the hospital that might treat her, or for her local NHS who helped her so quickly during the pandemic (which she keeps reminding us about).

• Wow
Reactions: 19
A lot of her Amazon wish list was added today. Part of me is wondering if she is hoping her followers will start to spoil her because of this diagnosis

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She mentions in her YT video today that everyone is asking what they can do and she ''wasn't sure if she should set up an Amazon wishlist'' :mad: I would be starting a fundraiser to raise money for the hospital that might treat her, or for her local NHS who helped her so quickly during the pandemic (which she keeps reminding us about).
Do you know what, when I saw that person do a post saying about sending her a chocolate care package I thought oh that's sweet and kind, but all I've seen and heard since is her accepting so many gifts from people on the Facebook group and Instagram! Like shes trying to get what ever she can out of this situation! Just say no thank you but if you would donate to this charity for me or even no thanks we are going through a tough time in the world right now save your money for your essentials and your family! X

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Do you know what, when I saw that person do a post saying about sending her a chocolate care package I thought oh that's sweet and kind, but all I've seen and heard since is her accepting so many gifts from people on the Facebook group and Instagram! Like shes trying to get what ever she can out of this situation! Just say no thank you but if you would donate to this charity for me or even no thanks we are going through a tough time in the world right now save your money for your essentials and your family! X
Agreed!

Reactions: 1
New thread

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.