Emma Drew #23 Love is a maze life is a riddle, pop me some cake and I’ll give you a fiddle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she doing any exercise at all at the moment? It appears not. Why doesn’t she walk with Tony ? I mean she’s getting a peloton and you need a reasonable level of fitness for starters on that. So surely these next 6 weeks she should be trying to get her steps in every day at least? Plus she is clearly gaining weight .

Reactions: 18
Just a thought....

Pointing out the obvious but at almost 13 months on from wls surgery, she could technically, going by other people's results and averages, have lost a good 8st by now and literally be the size 14 she thinks she is.

That must sting after paying 10k for it. I know if I'd paid that much I would be seething at myself if I'd started regaining.

I've been talking to a friend of mine tonight and Emma came up as she followed her too for at the start budget advice etc and stayed because of wls. I know she won't mind me telling you because she had for wls after nothing else worked for her through diet because comfort eating esd her thing. She went through the NHS for it not private though.

Her marriage broke down, she lost a child and her mum passed away within 4 months of each other. She just gave up and stayed at home, ate and ate and did nothing at all, she totally understandably and completely lost herself in her grief and became a size 34 at 28 stone (not far off 6ft tall and mid 30s age) and literally every minute of the day she said she hurt all over. Toes, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, hips, back, shoulders, neck.... Everything hurt and constantly ached and no otc painkiller would touch it. Shed sleep all night but wake up like she hadn't slept or would wake herself with a snort, eventually found to be sleep apnea because the fat would be pushing on her windpipe so she'd not be having a restful sleep either.

At first the doctor would only tell her to diet and wouldn't give any help. Then he gave her medication that did something that was meant to be an incentive to lose weight (orange oily poo and no trumping as it would leak out) if she ate the wrong things and told her to exercise.

SHe was embarrassed and self conscious and it took her everything to take herself out for a walk around the block.... Only for a group of teens to spot her and ridicule and intimidate her. She didn't go again and just carried on eating until she reached the 28 stone and had a breakdown in her nurses office (doctors advice was only again diet) and th e nurse suggested the weight loss surgery if she qualified for it.

Eventually and with the nurse working on the doctor to refer her she did qualify thankfully and went on the course and the diet to prepare and had the surgery....

This was Nov 2019. Before the liver reducing diet she was 28st 4. After the diet she was 26stone bang on. She stuck to it rigidly and didn't allow herself any soft drinks or takeaways (her downfalls) and cooked everything from scratch. She even said that lockdown have been her blessing as she's not been out to get things, no impulse purchases of a snack thing etc and that it all being delivered meant she placed the order whenever her willpower was at its strongest and didn't let herself edit it after. Today she weighed in in the nurses room at the doctors (her nurse is incredible! Really stuck by her!) at 14 stone 3. In 14ish months she's lost half her body weight and more than a person!

Think what Emma could have done too....!
Seeeee!!!! This is what hard work and peservirance gets you. Yes you friend wallowed (understandably that must of been a painful 4 months for all that to happen) but she asked for help, and stuck with it and didn’t continue using her trauma as an excuse despite probably thinking about that time every single day 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Not to minimise anyone trauma but your friend has gone through a hell of a lot worse than Emma went through last year which just proves even more Emma needed personality surgery more than wls

edit to say: when I say wallow I use it for lack of a better term. Personally as someone who struggles massively with the slightest bit of trauma I wouldn’t of even lastedthrough half the tit your mate had to deal with

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Not gonna lie, there's not a lot of energy use going on in that house. At any point. I remain mystified as to why anyone works with her. She must be cheap. Bet she was thrilled to see lottie nominated for a financial prize today. Oops. Look Ems, someone who has a child and still manages to help others with hints and tips (she's also a bit shady, but still).

Reactions: 9
Is she doing any exercise at all at the moment? It appears not. Why doesn’t she walk with Tony ? I mean she’s getting a peloton and you need a reasonable level of fitness for starters on that. So surely these next 6 weeks she should be trying to get her steps in every day at least? Plus she is clearly gaining weight .
i read this as why doesn’t she walk tony, and was about to say please don’t give them ideas

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Bet she was thrilled to see lottie nominated for a financial prize today. Oops. Look Ems, someone who has a child and still manages to help others with hints and tips (she's also a bit shady, but still).
I saw one of her tweets mentioned in the Daily Mail in the last 24 hours and would love to know what Emma thinks about that! I've always felt that is the sort of fame/attention Emma was desperate for.

Reactions: 5
Seeeee!!!! This is what hard work and peservirance gets you. Yes you friend wallowed (understandably that must of been a painful 4 months for all that to happen) but she asked for help, and stuck with it and didn’t continue using her trauma as an excuse despite probably thinking about that time every single day 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Not to minimise anyone trauma but your friend has gone through a hell of a lot worse than Emma went through last year which just proves even more Emma needed personality surgery more than wls
She is an amazing friend - she doesn't deserve what life has thrown at her in spades at all. She comes through it all and STILL asks everyone else if THEY are ok even when she's at her darkest time. She is amazing and I'm so proud of her.

An example of this is that she says she does feel for Emma in that having lost her mum and only having her dad - and then her dad become so incredibly ill that he doesn't remember her or her mum is another double form of bereavement because she now potentially has noone in her life who remembers her mum other than her now. She gets why she's turned to eating as her thing was comfort eating too - it was easier to reach for the phone/her laptop and order a pizza than it was to face up to what was really wrong and WHY she was doing it.

But again she points out that eating to the point where she regains all the weight and potentially more isn't going to make the situation better or any easier to deal with. It'll be harder as you'll have what you're actually physically dealing with AND your guilt, self hatred, low self esteem, disgust at undoing what you worked hard for and having to lose it all over again - without the physical barrier of the surgery to reduce it.

She said in terms of her weight loss it's so much harder to get back on the wagon each time when she decided it was enough and had to stop because the back of her head was always 'yeah... when you fall off again we'll order this... we'll eat this... i can't wait for such and such!' so she'd fall off and indulge and THEN feel even worse because the actual reality of it never tasted as good as the anticipation of it did.Having had it she just had regret and blame.

She'd tried pills, diets, teas, laxatives, injections and all sorts. What finally worked was the actual physical removal of part of her stomach AND COUNSELLING TO GET TO THE ROOT OF WHAT IT WAS! (put that in capitals as that was the huge part. Actually physically opening up to someone who was TRAINED to get through to her that eating her feelings was making her feel worse). That rang home to her that she couldn't do/eat everything she used to - it wasn't there to eat it all and she only needed to eat tiny amounts of what was actually good for her and what met her daily targets. She's still having counselling now and is seeing her counsellor through Zoom.

Apparently she had it at the absolute best time for her personally because lockdown meant that the temptations just weren't there once she was introducing proper food to her diet again as she was recovering from surgery and had other health problems so had to shield too so couldn't just pop to the shop, or go to the supermarket for something naughty. Yes takeaways were there but she deleted the accounts so didn't get any emails/offers sent through to her so didn't let herself think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just a thought....

Pointing out the obvious but at almost 13 months on from wls surgery, she could technically, going by other people's results and averages, have lost a good 8st by now and literally be the size 14 she thinks she is.

That must sting after paying 10k for it. I know if I'd paid that much I would be seething at myself if I'd started regaining.

I've been talking to a friend of mine tonight and Emma came up as she followed her too for at the start budget advice etc and stayed because of wls. I know she won't mind me telling you because she had for wls after nothing else worked for her through diet because comfort eating esd her thing. She went through the NHS for it not private though.

Her marriage broke down, she lost a child and her mum passed away within 4 months of each other. She just gave up and stayed at home, ate and ate and did nothing at all, she totally understandably and completely lost herself in her grief and became a size 34 at 28 stone (not far off 6ft tall and mid 30s age) and literally every minute of the day she said she hurt all over. Toes, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, hips, back, shoulders, neck.... Everything hurt and constantly ached and no otc painkiller would touch it. Shed sleep all night but wake up like she hadn't slept or would wake herself with a snort, eventually found to be sleep apnea because the fat would be pushing on her windpipe so she'd not be having a restful sleep either.

At first the doctor would only tell her to diet and wouldn't give any help. Then he gave her medication that did something that was meant to be an incentive to lose weight (orange oily poo and no trumping as it would leak out) if she ate the wrong things and told her to exercise.

SHe was embarrassed and self conscious and it took her everything to take herself out for a walk around the block.... Only for a group of teens to spot her and ridicule and intimidate her. She didn't go again and just carried on eating until she reached the 28 stone and had a breakdown in her nurses office (doctors advice was only again diet) and th e nurse suggested the weight loss surgery if she qualified for it.

Eventually and with the nurse working on the doctor to refer her she did qualify thankfully and went on the course and the diet to prepare and had the surgery....

This was Nov 2019. Before the liver reducing diet she was 28st 4. After the diet she was 26stone bang on. She stuck to it rigidly and didn't allow herself any soft drinks or takeaways (her downfalls) and cooked everything from scratch. She even said that lockdown have been her blessing as she's not been out to get things, no impulse purchases of a snack thing etc and that it all being delivered meant she placed the order whenever her willpower was at its strongest and didn't let herself edit it after. Today she weighed in in the nurses room at the doctors (her nurse is incredible! Really stuck by her!) at 14 stone 3. In 14ish months she's lost half her body weight and more than a person!

Think what Emma could have done too....!
That made my eyes leak a tiny bit 😭 what a fabulous woman ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m still in shock about the peloton. I actually am an “avid gym goer” pre-lockdown. I can run 5k, row 1000sm and lift heavy weights. I go 5 times a week. I even have a group of girls I go with that I met at the gym. When I do a peloton class I am DRIPPING in sweat, completely red, out of breath and my legs are on fire when the resistance is high. They are so tough. I think she’s in for shock when she does the first few classes. It’s not like a light 5 min cycle to the shop. And Damn, the seats are so uncomfortable at first too!

She’s in a peloton group I’m in, someone was advertising theirs for sale earlier and I noticed she was after it, saying she can’t wait till April so if one appears soon we know why. The thing is transfer of ownership you lose your warranty, you can’t return within first 30 days and judging by eBay you’ll be paying the same if not more than the retail! It’s insane.

I’ll be honest, I hope I’m proven wrong and it’s successful for her because I think exercise is so important for health both mentally and physically, and she desperately needs both, but I just don’t see how someone who counts a 7 min walk as exercise is going to cope! Also, she needs to remember you just can’t out exercise a bad diet, she’ll need still need to be eating her maintenance or just a tiny bit over, to lose weight!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m still in shock about the peloton. I actually am an “avid gym goer” pre-lockdown. I can run 5k, row 1000sm and lift heavy weights. I go 5 times a week. I even have a group of girls I go with that I met at the gym. When I do a peloton class I am DRIPPING in sweat, completely red, out of breath and my legs are on fire when the resistance is high. They are so tough. I think she’s in for shock when she does the first few classes. It’s not like a light 5 min cycle to the shop. And Damn, the seats are so uncomfortable at first too!

She’s in a peloton group I’m in, someone was advertising theirs for sale earlier and I noticed she was after it, saying she can’t wait till April so if one appears soon we know why. The thing is transfer of ownership you lose your warranty, you can’t return within first 30 days and judging by eBay you’ll be paying the same if not more than the retail! It’s insane.

I’ll be honest, I hope I’m proven wrong and it’s successful for her because I think exercise is so important for health both mentally and physically, and she desperately needs both, but I just don’t see how someone who counts a 7 min walk as exercise is going to cope! Also, she needs to remember you just can’t out exercise a bad diet, she’ll need still need to be eating her maintenance or just a tiny bit over, to lose weight!
100% this, losing weight is 95% diet. Until you’ve sorted that out, you’ll never lose weight. She won’t use it anyway as she can’t even go for a walk let alone ride a peloton ffs

Reactions: 15

I watched a Pelaton advert earlier....duck THAT 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Most likely weight/BMI and/or diabetes diagnosis. (She claims it has been reversed but she eats rubbish, lives on costa and is ramming the weight back on despite her surgery sadly.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.