Emma Drew #23 Love is a maze life is a riddle, pop me some cake and I’ll give you a fiddle

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for this. I've struggled with some of the comments about weight and being an extra strain on the NHS and the nurses over the past few days on here. It feels like anytime there's a dig at emma it's a dig at all obese people as if they shouldn't get the same care as other people.
I realise Emma has had the tools to change and hasn't utilised it so people are angry at her for that but there are people who are overweight due to other things and as much as I know its going to be extra effort on nurses and staff (thank you for everything ❤) they are still people with feelings and families and not just greedy lumps taking up beds.

I probably have taken it too personally but my mam was paralysed and wheelchair bound and gained a lot of weight over the 12 years due to being immobile and medication. Before she died we did have some instances of judgment from health care professionals due to her size and it was hard to watch.

Anyway them having vaccines is still two more people towards us getting back to normal so we can take that as a positive 🙏🏻
I honestly don’t care if you’re low BMI or high BMI. Ill nurse you whatever.

However I think my comments on here have really been out of place, and probably have come across as wrong. For that I’m sorry. I’m going to step out for a bit.

• Sad
Reactions: 8

However I think my comments on here have really been out of place, and probably have come across as wrong. For that I’m sorry. I’m going to step out for a bit.
Take care @Smallpotato I didn’t see your comments as being out of place and I’m a size 26. If anything your posts have been a wake up call for me needing to do something because I can, I’m able bodied and financially able to. I didn’t see your comments as being judgemental or harsh.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

I don’t agree that your comments are out of place. You’ve told us about your experiences nursing people with Covid and for that I’ve been very grateful. It’s surely pretty common knowledge by now that hospitals are full of fat people suffering with Covid, you only have to read the stats for covid admissions and the simple fact that fat people are now being vaccinated before other groups to understand that this is just matter of fact, not just fat bashing.

Reactions: 15

There were several of us who asked for your perspective on the situation from a nurse’s POV especially in relation to how the virus affects those with obesity. So they were not out of place, you gave us a real insight into a real world crisis.

Reactions: 16
Without being facetious, how much time and money does she spend generating a "passive" income? :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Naa they haven’t at all, you’re coming it at it from a medical perspective. I didn’t even know larger patients had to be pronged (was that the term?) to help them breathe

Reactions: 13

I don't agree that your comments were out of place, you have experience in the area and it's factual.

Reactions: 13

I wasn't aiming this at you please don't think I was. The thank you I put in was mainly aimed at you as I knew you were our resident NHS worker and you work hard on the frontline.
I asked you to share your view on obese patients as I was curious. Like I said that whole paragraph from me spilled out of nowhere for no reason other than a brain dump.

Reactions: 8
So today I’ve received a letter advising me to shield as new research puts me in the ECV group, the only reason I can think of is that I had gestational diabetes when pregnant as my friend receive one too, don’t get me wrong I’m overweight but haven’t been weighed at the gps for years. It also states that I will be now offered the vaccine, I’m 35, so at a guess they have been put in that group now and got their vaccine but won’t wa t to admit they’ve got to shield

Reactions: 11
I think it's pointless being annoyed they had the vaccine, it's done. For what reason we'll never know, suspect it could be a few that they won't tell us about. Also I wouldn't wish covid on anyone and from what was said earlier (sorry didn't remember who), I think with all of the turning the NHS would have to do, I'm glad they have a lower risk of getting it for the staff of the NHS sake and their backs.
My sister has been sent for her vaccine too. She is like Emma with type 2 diabetes and overweight. She’s worked hard to get her stats down and was pissed off with herself for getting like that (what the end of a crappy relationship did to her confidence) but she’s kicking ass now and getting back to hersel
Which makes me think that she should be shielding and not swanning around Lidl for pickles.
my sister got sent a shielding letter today and has the same diabetes as IMMA. I heard a woman on Jeremy vine yesterday who was also sent a letter due to her having gestational diabetes 5 years ago!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I heard a woman on Jeremy vine yesterday who was also sent a letter due to her having gestational diabetes 5 years ago!
There is a lot of this happening, seems they are using a new algorithm to check your risk and if you had gestational diabetes you could now be put on the list for vaccinations/CEV.

Reactions: 6
There is a lot of this happening, seems they are using a new algorithm to check your risk and if you had gestational diabetes you could now be put on the list for vaccinations/CEV.
Dunno if I’d trust a government algorithm after last years tit show for the 16-18s haha

Reactions: 3
My sister has been sent for her vaccine too. She is like Emma with type 2 diabetes and overweight. She’s worked hard to get her stats down and was pissed off with herself for getting like that (what the end of a crappy relationship did to her confidence) but she’s kicking ass now and getting back to hersel

my sister got sent a shielding letter today and has the same diabetes as IMMA. I heard a woman on Jeremy vine yesterday who was also sent a letter due to her having gestational diabetes 5 years ago!
Yep, my sister in law got one today too for gestational diabetes of a baby that's now approaching his second birthday.

And she's also been 12 months on the front line 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

You haven't been out of place at all and you don't need to go somewhere. The issue was a previous poster that was overboard in their message - not you at all. If anything you have been incredible helping us understand things from a view most wouldn't know otherwise.

Reactions: 4
Has Imma only just recently started drinking tea and that’s why she’s going on about it how pale she has it as if it’s a ✨personality trait✨

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Emma man, it’s a pen! Pens can’t be described as cute. And if you fall for an Instagram ad for pens then you must lead an utterly sad and unfulfilled life.

Plus, just because you used £10 from Appinio it doesn’t make it any better a purchase - that £10 could have been for something you actually needed to buy and therefore saved you £10 of your actual real money.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
So today I’ve received a letter advising me to shield as new research puts me in the ECV group, the only reason I can think of is that I had gestational diabetes when pregnant as my friend receive one too, don’t get me wrong I’m overweight but haven’t been weighed at the gps for years. It also states that I will be now offered the vaccine, I’m 35, so at a guess they have been put in that group now and got their vaccine but won’t wa t to admit they’ve got to shield
I've had gestational diabetes twice, I've not heard anything but did have a missed call from the doctors, I presumed it was about something else maybe it was about the vaccine?

Reactions: 5

my gestational diabetes was 5 years ago too!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.