Emily Norris #6 FHMily Copying content, views taking a dent, losing fans, negativity BANNED

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What will she do in a few years when her kids are all teens/pre teen? In 5 years her youngest will be what, 9? The eldest well through secondary school. None of them will want to appear on her channel or insta. So what's their long term income plan of they now both rely on social media for income. She will be replaced by the new crowd of insta mums with younger children. Will she try and get in on the already crowded organising and cleaning band wagon?
She does that already. I just can’t believe she’s done as well as she has by literally repeating the same content over and over again while continuously exploiting her children. She calls it her ‘forever home’ but it’s a massive risk to rely on an extremely fickle industry for your soul income.

Reactions: 5
she calls it "forever home" but knowing Emily she will change her mind.
Doubt it will be forever. Why would she want to live there when her children have flown the nest. She'll be rattling around that house just like, I suspect, her veneers could be rattling around her mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Doubt it will be forever. Why would she want to live there when her children have flown the nest. She'll be rattling around that house just like, I suspect, her veneers could be rattling around her mouth.
She’ll be crazy by then 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
she calls it "forever home" but knowing Emily she will change her mind.
Or knowing Emily it’s just another marketing ploy to boost her channel and she lied about forever home just like everything else. She will say and do anything for money.

Anyone starting a new thread soon for FHMily? can’t do it from my account

Reactions: 2
Or knowing Emily it’s just another marketing ploy to boost her channel and she lied about forever home just like everything else. She will say and do anything for money.

Anyone starting a new thread soon for FHMily? can’t do it from my account
I can't either. I did try

She is such an attention-seeking catfish show off drama queen. How on earth does she think she is relatable?
I haven't actually watched Emz for ages as I just can't bear her plastic personality. I think any vestige left of real personality was packed up and thrown away when she moved to her new abode. I remember watching a few of her early videos and quite liking her but now I just feel she is so insincere
In some ways I commend those early youtubers for making a living out of youtube but I don't and will never agree with exposing children on YouTube for gain or otherwise. I just don't believe that invasion of their privacy and potential risk to their safety is balanced by what
the children may gain from a parent being an 'influencer'. I work with children in a job where confidentiality is paramount. This is legislated. Yet, in a different sector of 'work' (cough cough) there is no legislation protecting children's right to privacy. Just because a child is a person's child surely shouldn't give that person a right to put them on social media that has public access? I wonder if exploitative is too strong a word to use? What do other's think?

Reactions: 11
I haven't actually watched Emz for ages as I just can't bear her plastic personality. I think any vestige left of real personality was packed up and thrown away when she moved to her new abode. I remember watching a few of her early videos and quite liking her but now I just feel she is so insincere
In some ways I commend those early youtubers for making a living out of youtube but I don't and will never agree with exposing children on YouTube for gain or otherwise. I just don't believe that invasion of their privacy and potential risk to their safety is balanced by what
the children may gain from a parent being an 'influencer'. I work with children in a job where confidentiality is paramount. This is legislated. Yet, in a different sector of 'work' (cough cough) there is no legislation protecting children's right to privacy. Just because a child is a person's child surely shouldn't give that person a right to put them on social media that has public access? I wonder if exploitative is too strong a word to use? What do other's think?
I think it’s exploitative - and the problem is that other parents see it and think they can make money doing the same. So what happens is you end up with Instagram being literally saturated with accounts of just children. As I’ve mentioned before Instagram is a Mecca for peodophiles - and the photos don’t have to be of anything provocative for them to be shared on the dark web. I just think places like Instagram are too big to bring in forceful legislation. It’s the same with other topics - I reported a comment on one of the footballers who got racially abused after the euros and apparently emojis of bananas and monkeys on a black persons profile ‘doesn’t go against Instagram community
guidelines’ 🤷🏻‍♀️ So they’re hardly going to do anything about normal photos of children unfortunately.
Also, I said on one of the Mrs Hinch threads that I have no doubt that people like Norris - with their perfect everything are accountable for mental health issues in some people that follow them. Comparison is the thief of joy and no doubt people will feel that their own life is far less superior in comparison

Reactions: 12
I think it’s exploitative - and the problem is that other parents see it and think they can make money doing the same. So what happens is you end up with Instagram being literally saturated with accounts of just children. As I’ve mentioned before Instagram is a Mecca for peodophiles - and the photos don’t have to be of anything provocative for them to be shared on the dark web. I just think places like Instagram are too big to bring in forceful legislation. It’s the same with other topics - I reported a comment on one of the footballers who got racially abused after the euros and apparently emojis of bananas and monkeys on a black persons profile ‘doesn’t go against Instagram community
guidelines’ 🤷🏻‍♀️ So they’re hardly going to do anything about normal photos of children unfortunately.
Also, I said on one of the Mrs Hinch threads that I have no doubt that people like Norris - with their perfect everything are accountable for mental health issues in some people that follow them. Comparison is the thief of joy and no doubt people will feel that their own life is far less superior in comparison
Sadly, when it comes to legislation I think I agree with you although I wonder if rather than the law legislating against the platform alone the law should also legislate against parents or guardians placing their child on any public social media platform? I too, have commented in the past about the impact of 'presented perfectionism' on others mental health. I believe there are people who negatively compare themselves with influencers because of the 'perfect' world these influencers present . Another problem for me is that when it comes to influencers is this belief that surrounds them that they are some how an authority on parenthood or home making. I actually think the likes of Emz believes this herself.
Actually I think almost every mum (using mum here since Emz is a mum) can share good advice with other mums - 'hacks' (bloody awful word)or otherwise. Any of us here could come up with something to help other parents or with homemaking. The difference is we don't share our advice with the world and most of wouldn't want to to. I almost feel there is real vanity and arrogance is assuming yourself such an authority you feel you should share.

Last edited:
Sadly, when it comes to legislation I think I agree with you although I wonder if rather than the law legislating against the platform alone the law should also legislate against parents or guardians placing their child on any public social media platform? I too, have commented in the past about the impact of 'presented perfectionism' on others mental health. I believe there are people who negatively compare themselves with influencers because of the 'perfect' world these influencers present . Another problem for me is that when it comes to influencers is this belief that surrounds them that they are some how an authority on parenthood or home making. I actually think the likes of Emz believes this herself.
Actually I think almost every mum (using mum here since Emz is a mum) can share good advice with other mums - 'hacks' (bloody awful word)or otherwise. Any of us here could come up with something to help other parents or with homemaking. The difference is we don't share our advice with the world and most of wouldn't want to to. I almost feel there is real vanity and arrogance is assuming yourself such an authority you feel you should share.
This is so true - it’s such a new thing and we all managed perfectly well before these influencers were about. I absolutely hate the word ‘hack’ - some of them are just so pointless and not time saving/useful at all!

Reactions: 7
This is so true - it’s such a new thing and we all managed perfectly well before these influencers were about. I absolutely hate the word ‘hack’ - some of them are just so pointless and not time saving/useful at all!
Or are just common sense!

Reactions: 6
Oh my god that gift guide video! Matt's such a snooze fest. Anyone else notice how they kept cutting each other off lmaooo. His got 0 personality and is a total snooze fest and she acts like a giddy kid around him? So fun strange

Also proposal title for new thread
Emily Norris - botched Botox queen still stealing a living by exploiting her audience's wallets and her kids privacy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Oh my god that gift guide video! Matt's such a snooze fest. Anyone else notice how they kept cutting each other off lmaooo. His got 0 personality and is a total snooze fest and she acts like a giddy kid around him? So fun strange

Emily Norris - botched Botox queen still stealing a living by exploiting her audience's wallets and her kids privacy!
Gets my vote

Reactions: 1

The gifts looked like lots of items they had been gifted rather than things they had bought, lots of random mis matched items

I also tried to make a new thread but couldn't - the option to create a thread just isn't there for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.