Emily Norris #2 new hair for Matt, new forehead for me, if only morals were gifted for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another weekly meal prep. I mean what mother in the real world has 2 hours free to stand cooking loads of different meals ffs. Even at the weekend I could not nor would I want to stand cooking for 2 hours. Plus you don't need to meal prep salmon with a bit of flavouring thrown on it. :rolleyes:
And the videos are so cringe with her fake smile

Reactions: 4
D

We do meal prep sometimes, but it's typically when we know we're going to have a busy week coming up. What I find interesting is that none of these women involve their kids in the food creation process whatsoever. We've started introducing both our girls to cooking and it's going really well. And we're not the only parents we know who do this. It does take practice and patience but it's worth it.

I also find Emily's breakfast habits really odd. Why does she feed her kids so many things in the mornings? Why does she bother giving them cereal at all? If something isn't working then switch it up. Try scrambling an egg and serving it on a piece of toast with a side of fruit. All I know is a kid shouldn't need ten different things given to them at breakfast.
Does it take you 2 hours though? yes I agree about the breakfast if she thinks cereal doesn't fill them up then don't give it them.

Reactions: 1
I see she’s on the P&G bandwagon like so many others...

She always used to go on about how she loooves Method products, bet that’ll change now she’s on the P&G payroll 🤣
She always used Method wrong anyway. You have to leave it on the surface for 5 minutes before wiping.

Does it take you 2 hours though? yes I agree about the breakfast if she thinks cereal doesn't fill them up then don't give it them.
I'm not gonna lie, it can take a while. Two hours flies by depending on what you make. You have to be startegic about it. I tend to break out the food chopper on those weeks in order to get through it. I also keep things rather basic. I'll get extra in the kitchen when my family has time to appreciate it.

Reactions: 3
I found her meal prep videos strange. Why would you cut your cucumber or carrot ahead if you plan to use it next day or even few days later? It takes less than 1 min to prepare it and in one piece it keeps freshness for longer! The same with salmon... Wash the fish, put spices on, 2 minutes job. Can't think how this salmon smell after few days out of package...

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Exactly, all of them meals were quick and easy, basic meal. Not a single one of them would have her slaving over the stove all evening. Its all just for content as her kids are getting older and less easy to sell. For years all she ever did was cheese on toast or chicken nuggets for tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I found her meal prep videos strange. Why would you cut your cucumber or carrot ahead if you plan to use it next day or even few days later? It takes less than 1 min to prepare it and in one piece it keeps freshness for longer! The same with salmon... Wash the fish, put spices on, 2 minutes job. Can't think how this salmon smell after few days out of package...
Also with the sausages I thought you had to eat them within 2 days of opening? so what's the point of opening them to have later in the week? total waste of time IMO. I meal plan but I must admit I don't meal prep for the week.

Reactions: 2
D

We do meal prep sometimes, but it's typically when we know we're going to have a busy week coming up. What I find interesting is that none of these women involve their kids in the food creation process whatsoever. We've started introducing both our girls to cooking and it's going really well. And we're not the only parents we know who do this. It does take practice and patience but it's worth it.

I also find Emily's breakfast habits really odd. Why does she feed her kids so many things in the mornings? Why does she bother giving them cereal at all? If something isn't working then switch it up. Try scrambling an egg and serving it on a piece of toast with a side of fruit. All I know is a kid shouldn't need ten different things given to them at breakfast.
If, indeed, she does typically make a dozen different things. I often wonder when the camera isn't out whether people like Ms Norris really do as they pretend. I suspect maybe they don't. A lot of mum's & dad's are pushed for time in the AM as they have to go out of the home to work. There are also many parents who have challenging circumstances to deal with such as family members with disability, work with anti-social hours, are loan parents or are really struggling to male ends meet. I meet parents such as these as part of my own work. I think Ms Norris is clueless, smug and perpetuates an idea of perfection which I personally believe to be harmful to other mums and dads.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
WHY does she hold her mug like that?! Couldn't even watch the rainy day video as it was too irritating

• Haha
What really bothered me was a few months back when she commented that she was from a 'broken home' and that she wouldn't want that for her children. I found that really offensive and commented on her post to tell her that. Just because children don't have their parents together does not mean they are from a broken home. It's a horrible term and I would have thought she would have known better than to use it. She just liked my comment when I told her how offensive I found it.

What really bothered me was a few months back when she commented that she was from a 'broken home' and that she wouldn't want that for her children. I found that really offensive and commented on her post to tell her that. Just because children don't have their parents together does not mean they are from a broken home. It's a horrible term and I would have thought she would have known better than to use it. She just liked my comment when I told her how offensive I found it.
Totally agree. That's so offensive but sadly unsurprising as she's so smug. In fact I find her so smug as to be unbearable. I just don't find her authenic in any way. I think the term influencer has gone to her head and she has mistaken it to have the same meaning as superior.

She’s not my favourite person at all but i suspect she’s was referring to the fact that she was abused by her father and her childhood was pretty awful for a while, not just that her parents were separated...

Not defending her but she did come from a broken home, she told the story of her childhood before and it’s horrific to be honest. There was sexual abuse as well as her mothers second husband setting up cameras watching them and then killed himself in the back yard as far as I remember.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Yeah she did have a horrible childhood, I feel sorry for her in that regard.
I do think though that she needs therapy because of that. She claims to have "separation anxiety" (when it suits her) but most of all, I find it weird that she doesn't show any emotion in her videos other than fake smiling and giggling at everything, even when her children are being incredibly naughty. Surely she will have a mental breakdown at some point if she pretends to be happy all the time.. its really strange. Of course, its probably for the camera but I still find it weird. Shes the only YouTuber that I know that almost never shares a "negative" emotion or lets the mask slip.

Yeah she did have a horrible childhood, I feel sorry for her in that regard.
I do think though that she needs therapy because of that. She claims to have "separation anxiety" (when it suits her) but most of all, I find it weird that she doesn't show any emotion in her videos other than fake smiling and giggling at everything, even when her children are being incredibly naughty. Surely she will have a mental breakdown at some point if she pretends to be happy all the time.. its really strange. Of course, its probably for the camera but I still find it weird. Shes the only YouTuber that I know that almost never shares a "negative" emotion or lets the mask slip.
I remember the video where Jackson split his eyebrow at center parcs. It was the first video of hers that I felt I really saw the real her. It was actually quite endearing.

I agree with you. She’s a condescending cow!!!

Not defending her but she did come from a broken home, she told the story of her childhood before and it’s horrific to be honest. There was sexual abuse as well as her mothers second husband setting up cameras watching them and then killed himself in the back yard as far as I remember.
I know she had a terrible childhood. But her comment about a broken home and not wanting that for her children was definitely in the context of 2 parents being split up.

Reactions: 3
I know she had a terrible childhood. But her comment about a broken home and not wanting that for her children was definitely in the context of 2 parents being split up.
My parents spilt up when I was a kid, I would say it was a broken home. Spending different days/weekends etc split between parents is not what childhood should be like.

Her latest video 🤢🤮🤢🤮 how the hell has she let her house get that bad? Those windows are a health hazard!!! Just shows her whole ‘speed cleaning’ philosophy is just wiping over the cracks and not proper cleaning!
And what the hell does she pay her cleaner for?!
I really think she’s struggling for content with this and all the silly meal prep and then the ridiculous day in the life for her husband...🥱🥱🥱

Did anyone else know that Emily is apparently signed to Gleam? I am confused because she is also listed under CM too. Forgive my ignorance here but I didn't think you could do that? I thought they were both, forgive the verbage, "talent agencies?"

Any who, now the blatant Mrs. Hinch rip off, deep cleaning video she just did all makes sense. Also, she really should fire her cleaning service. They're doing a tit job.

Her latest video 🤢🤮🤢🤮 how the hell has she let her house get that bad? Those windows are a health hazard!!! Just shows her whole ‘speed cleaning’ philosophy is just wiping over the cracks and not proper cleaning!
And what the hell does she pay her cleaner for?!
I really think she’s struggling for content with this and all the silly meal prep and then the ridiculous day in the life for her husband...🥱🥱🥱
To be fair, I enjoyed Matt's one video more than I've ever enjoyed anything she's put out. This coming from someone who doesn't really like him or his so-called sense of humor. :p

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.