Emily Norris #2 new hair for Matt, new forehead for me, if only morals were gifted for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's posted pictures with the for sale sign when they bought it. I think she might be renting it out. Tbh I don't have a problem with that, if true, it's the not admitting it that's again a bit shady. I think she knows it would make her even more unrelatable šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 3
Thatā€™s a really good point maybe they donā€™t own it but family do and they rent it?! Maybe thatā€™s why itā€™s not for sale-itā€™s not on Rightmove!! And like you say she never talks about it being for sale etc...really odd!
Right so they did buy it, see next post. So they can afford to keep both houses, their new one and rent out their current home. Sneak sneak sneak

Reactions: 1
She's posted pictures with the for sale sign when they bought it. I think she might be renting it out. Tbh I don't have a problem with that, if true, it's the not admitting it that's again a bit shady. I think she knows it would make her even more unrelatable šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Ah ok fair enough...if they are renting it out then they must have stashed an absolute fortune from all her shady adverts and products partnerships etc...makes me feel a bit queasy at how much money theyā€™ve made from coming people, sheā€™s not been doing it more than a couple of years! Itā€™s just crazy how much companies will pay these influencers and the lifestyle they lead based on conning people, look at Mrs hinch...Iā€™m aware thatā€™s another thread entirely!!

The assistant filming her in Poundland. Strange. Why do I watch this tit?? What's wrong with me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Weā€™re buying a house right now and the stress of views, keeping it tidy, packing, decluttering, buying new furniture for the new house is so stressful. I canā€™t imagine being an influencer and being real yet not mentioning any of this stress that comes with buying a house.

Same with her health scare. She was obviously worried and I would have to portray this in my vlogs yet if you watch her youā€™d have no idea. Itā€™s not real or relatable and just weird.

Reactions: 8
Weā€™re buying a house right now and the stress of views, keeping it tidy, packing, decluttering, buying new furniture for the new house is so stressful. I canā€™t imagine being an influencer and being real yet not mentioning any of this stress that comes with buying a house.

Same with her health scare. She was obviously worried and I would have to portray this in my vlogs yet if you watch her youā€™d have no idea. Itā€™s not real or relatable and just weird.
There is no part of being an ā€œinfluencerā€ real life. Itā€™s all fake, smoke and mirrors!!

Lots of people have health scares and real problems in their life and still have to get up in the morning be professional and go to work, take their kids to school and all that and be ā€œnormalā€ without sitting and crying with posting it all over social media for attention. They share this with close family and friends only.

Personally I think itā€™s weird that nothing is private for these influencers. Everything is for the gram - everything is dramatised like a episode of eastenders.

The most human thing Emily has said was with her health scare that it put things in life in perspective that buying a new house wasnā€™t the be all and end all!

Reactions: 6
There is no part of being an ā€œinfluencerā€ real life. Itā€™s all fake, smoke and mirrors!!

Lots of people have health scares and real problems in their life and still have to get up in the morning be professional and go to work, take their kids to school and all that and be ā€œnormalā€ without sitting and crying with posting it all over social media for attention. They share this with close family and friends only.

Personally I think itā€™s weird that nothing is private for these influencers. Everything is for the gram - everything is dramatised like a episode of eastenders.

The most human thing Emily has said was with her health scare that it put things in life in perspective that buying a new house wasnā€™t the be all and end all!
I think that on the one hand that it can be seen as professional to slap on a smile and go to work but in Emilys case, I find it damaging to other mothers who look at her as an accurate take on motherhood. Always smiling šŸ¤–, always happy and GrAtEfUL, tidy house before bed, super organised, meal prepping etc.. its all lies. She doesn't show her reality. She doesn't show the bad moods, the lows, the cleaner, the assistant behind the scenes helping her bake. There will be (skint and vulnerable) mums watching her videos feeling awful and hoping that buying a Ā£Ā£Ā£ shark hoover that Emily recommends (which she won't then use again) will make them like Emily and have their tit together. Thats how this type of marketing works and its wrong.

Reactions: 9
I think that on the one hand that it can be seen as professional to slap on a smile and go to work but in Emilys case, I find it damaging to other mothers who look at her as an accurate take on motherhood. Always smiling šŸ¤–, always happy and GrAtEfUL, tidy house before bed, super organised, meal prepping etc.. its all lies. She doesn't show her reality. She doesn't show the bad moods, the lows, the cleaner, the assistant behind the scenes helping her bake. There will be (skint and vulnerable) mums watching her videos feeling awful and hoping that buying a Ā£Ā£Ā£ shark hoover that Emily recommends (which she won't then use again) will make them like Emily and have their tit together. Thats how this type of marketing works and its wrong.
I agree. I think that a huge number of people paint on a face and don't show the world how they're actually feeling. I know I don't. I know that not everybody will divulge the "bad" parts of being a parent. Again, I know I don't. That being said there are many influencers etc who do post the bad stuff and get comments made about how they're always moaning blah blah blah.

I think the main issue is that people like Emily aren't regular people, well they're not in a regular position like the rest of us. They have a platform which they use to sell things to make money, fair enough (negatives for that needs a different post šŸ˜‰). But like the previous comments, the way the influencers portray themselves, blurs the lines (for some people) between marketing and friendly advice. There could be vulnerable people out there who believe Emily is their online friend, somebody just like them, somebody who wouldn't deceive them. They believe if they follow Emily's "hacks", routines or advice, they will appear to be in the same situation as her. When in reality, Emily's husband has two(?) Hair salons which i'd imagine bring in a pretty nice income, and her background in marketing has enabled her to create a business (Emily Norris) as well, that means she can have an assistant and a cleaner (not mocking that,if people can afford them them then we'll done but don't pretend you do it all yourself with cleaning routines etc). She's also at home for the majority of the time(her children are at school and nursery), her husband will do the school run and after school clubs on multiple days. A luxury that a lot of people don't have, which puts added pressure on their lives. Again, seeing Emily portraying the perfect housewife and career women, whilst brushing over the help she gets, isn't a responsible position to be in as someone in the spot light.

I think the key would be to acknowledge the bad days, not necessarily show them, who wants to see somebody else kid having a tantrum, and then whilst making hacks or routines etc explain that you're only able to do this or have this because of xyz. And be open when you're promoting a product or brand you don't usually use. For example when Emily recently did the ad for fairy; she should have acknowledged that previously she has stated when it comes to cleaning she's not brand loyal, she doesn't usually buy fairy (she said she's used it for years) but they got in contact so she thought she'd try them out...and then give her opinion on the product (she can claim how amazing it is yada yada yada).

Sorry I'll step off my soap box now! šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m so glad itā€™s not just me who sees contradictions on Emilyā€™s channel! Iā€™ve only just discovered this forum and am so glad that I have!
Like many, I used to like Emily. Then all the holidays started and the ads became more frequent. I didnā€™t realise about the cleaner or the fact that sheā€™s been flouting the ASA rules. I think her content has little value to viewers any more and sheā€™s running out of ideas. There are so many that are so similar and occasionally she jumps on a bandwagon that she never mentions again like Marie Kondo or reducing waste. If she really wanted to declutter or be minimalist, sheā€™d need to stop buying shite. That would also reduce her waste much more than re-useable cotton pads or straws. In fact, Iā€™d like to see her go on a month long no buy challenge or something like that.....
I really object to the fact that every time she goes on holiday (every school break, no?), she buys the kids new pens etc for the journey. How wasteful and spoilt! And the kids seem to get new (matching) swimwear and clothes most times, if not every time. My 5 yo has one set of swim shorts and sun top that heā€™s had for 3 years. It still fits him well ( I bought it big), so he continues to wear it. Now thatā€™s a mum hack! When she opens the kidsā€™ drawers, theyā€™re stuffed full of clothes. The older ones wear uniform 5 days a week! I just find it so materialistic and think it must be sending such a damaging message to her kids and audience. New is better. Must be entertained the whole time.
Iā€™ve been considering starting a blog or YT channel, but have been very put off by people like Emily. Iā€™d respect her more if there were fewer ads and her merch was actually good/useful. Her style is much more polished and professional that others and there must have been a time when it was just her plugging away at it, but it all feels very hollow now.
Also (Iā€™m on a roll now), she doesnā€™t do the school run in her morning routines or evening routines very often, or she only drops one of them. So, of course she has time to make all that breakfast and do all that tidying. For me, all I do is get everyone fed and dressed. Nothing more.
And sheā€™s spelt ā€˜stationeryā€™ as ā€˜stationaryā€™ on her website. Call me a pedant, but if youā€™re selling stationery, get the spelling right. Canā€™t believe the Wenesday typo throughout the planner. Dear God!
ok, Iā€™m done now. Thanks for reading!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Iā€™m so glad itā€™s not just me who sees contradictions on Emilyā€™s channel! Iā€™ve only just discovered this forum and am so glad that I have!
Like many, I used to like Emily. Then all the holidays started and the ads became more frequent. I didnā€™t realise about the cleaner or the fact that sheā€™s been flouting the ASA rules. I think her content has little value to viewers any more and sheā€™s running out of ideas. There are so many that are so similar and occasionally she jumps on a bandwagon that she never mentions again like Marie Kondo or reducing waste. If she really wanted to declutter or be minimalist, sheā€™d need to stop buying shite. That would also reduce her waste much more than re-useable cotton pads or straws. In fact, Iā€™d like to see her go on a month long no buy challenge or something like that.....
I really object to the fact that every time she goes on holiday (every school break, no?), she buys the kids new pens etc for the journey. How wasteful and spoilt! And the kids seem to get new (matching) swimwear and clothes most times, if not every time. My 5 yo has one set of swim shorts and sun top that heā€™s had for 3 years. It still fits him well ( I bought it big), so he continues to wear it. Now thatā€™s a mum hack! When she opens the kidsā€™ drawers, theyā€™re stuffed full of clothes. The older ones wear uniform 5 days a week! I just find it so materialistic and think it must be sending such a damaging message to her kids and audience. New is better. Must be entertained the whole time.
Iā€™ve been considering starting a blog or YT channel, but have been very put off by people like Emily. Iā€™d respect her more if there were fewer ads and her merch was actually good/useful. Her style is much more polished and professional that others and there must have been a time when it was just her plugging away at it, but it all feels very hollow now.
Also (Iā€™m on a roll now), she doesnā€™t do the school run in her morning routines or evening routines very often, or she only drops one of them. So, of course she has time to make all that breakfast and do all that tidying. For me, all I do is get everyone fed and dressed. Nothing more.
And sheā€™s spelt ā€˜stationeryā€™ as ā€˜stationaryā€™ on her website. Call me a pedant, but if youā€™re selling stationery, get the spelling right. Canā€™t believe the Wenesday typo throughout the planner. Dear God!
Great post did she really spell Wednesday wrong throughout the full planner. She charged a small fortune for that too. I hope they got refunds .

• Haha
I am new user but I started watching Emily when I was pregnant with my first. I think the first video I came across was a weaning one. Again like so many others I liked her she seemed to give good advice, pleasant to watch and was relatable as a mum but I canā€™t watch her anymore the change is mad! The fake smiling isnā€™t normal, her and her husbands smugness, she just comes across as a money grabber. Now the latest video is ā€˜plant basedā€™ really sheā€™s jumping on that bandwagon now ?!

I couldn't agree more!
I notice today she is doing an ad for Hello Fresh again! Literally the only time she uses them is when she is being paid! Same with Iceland ready meals, maverick crisps, heinz chilli pots, heinz carton soups, stork butter.. I could go on! I actually have never seen a more grab happy YouTuber. I cannot trust her opinion on anything. Eventually brands will stop working with her, as her actual influence and sales will fall because people won't be buying what she has promoted. Thats why it is better in the long run to choose your brands wisely and build customer trust. Yes *customer, as that is what her "viewers" are.

Reactions: 5
I am new user but I started watching Emily when I was pregnant with my first. I think the first video I came across was a weaning one. Again like so many others I liked her she seemed to give good advice, pleasant to watch and was relatable as a mum but I canā€™t watch her anymore the change is mad! The fake smiling isnā€™t normal, her and her husbands smugness, she just comes across as a money grabber. Now the latest video is ā€˜plant basedā€™ really sheā€™s jumping on that bandwagon now ?!
I noticed the plant based video and rolled my eyes. This eveningā€™s offering is an extreme kitchen clear out and storage. Affiliate links anyone?
Edited to add: why does she say ā€˜minimaliseā€™ and not ā€˜minimiseā€™? They just did a re-org and clean, but she said they need to minimalise ahead of the move. And, you guessed it, thereā€™s so many more rooms that she needs to do! Get ready for a series.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I noticed the plant based video and rolled my eyes. This eveningā€™s offering is an extreme kitchen clear out and storage. Affiliate links anyone?
Edited to add: why does she say ā€˜minimaliseā€™ and not ā€˜minimiseā€™? They just did a re-org and clean, but she said they need to minimalise ahead of the move. And, you guessed it, thereā€™s so many more rooms that she needs to do! Get ready for a series.
She will have to do something as Fraser and Caleb are 7 and 10 this year. (Jackson 4). How much longer can she keep putting milk in a beaker for them and cutting up their toast and pancakes infant sized. Bathing them all together at 7pmšŸ™„ I can't wait until she can no longer cash in on them kids. Although how many cleaning routines can she do?! No wonder she is moving..

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, very true. Sheā€™s obviously trying to find a new niche. She shared the printables from her command centre on her website and I thought she was going to start doing that more.

She will have to do something as Fraser and Caleb are 7 and 10 this year. (Jackson 4). How much longer can she keep putting milk in a beaker for them and cutting up their toast and pancakes infant sized. Bathing them all together at 7pmšŸ™„ I can't wait until she can no longer cash in on them kids. Although how many cleaning routines can she do?! No wonder she is moving..
Yes more cleaning/organising of that kitchen where there is nothing out of place anyway is just boring. Seems like sheā€™s clutching at straws regarding content. Just wait for a meat company to contact her about promoting something and she will be all over that and will sod the plant based diet

Yes more cleaning/organising of that kitchen where there is nothing out of place anyway is just boring. Seems like sheā€™s clutching at straws regarding content. Just wait for a meat company to contact her about promoting something and she will be all over that and will sod the plant based diet
Basically all she did was put stuff in a lazy susan life changing not! That was one of the most boring videos Ive watched.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.