Emily Lucy Rajch

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She didn't mention this thread specifically. however she said she's been getting trolled "RECENTLY" and she is the size she is, she can't help how clothes fit on her and they'll look different on everybody. Basically trying to say "I may not look like a size 12 but I am" which was clearly in response to a number of people on here who said theyre a size 10/12/14 and she looks alot bigger than them...

I'm sorry but as I said before there is no way a doctor would say to a proper size 12 person that they need to lose weight as one did to her...

She'd get more respect from me if she said "i've been really slim before, I'm struggling with this new size and shape and I'm a bit in denial about my size and I can't bring myself to buy anything bigger than a size 14 absolute maximum but I'm working on it blah blah blah"

That I could identify with as I have been there myself! Would be a nice change from all these influencers claiming you should "love your body whatever your size" because the cold hard truth is often that thats sadly not the case!
I also think putting on weight is an excuse and a cop out for not losing the weight and trying to justify to themselves that it’s ok to be abit bigger and not feel upset about it

Reactions: 6
I also think putting on weight is an excuse and a cop out for not losing the weight and trying to justify to themselves that it’s ok to be abit bigger and not feel upset about it
Yes and then they lie about their size and put this confusing narrative out there

"I'm learning to love my body now I've put on loads of weight but I'm still only a size 12"

To me, other people may say different, size 12 is still slimm-ish, like if I tell people at work I'm on a diet they're always like "there will be nothing left of you" Etc. Etc.

But then I see the likes of Emily (and it's not just her there's so many other influencers who do this) saying that's she's got loads bigger and that a doctor has told her she's very overweight, but we're wearing the same clothes size as me? And it makes me think I don't see myself as I am...

I'm older now and can manage it better but this sort of behaviour gave me so many issues in my early 2Os!

Reactions: 5
These influencers would sell their soul to the devil and tell us anything with a post/video if it meant more likes and spons and money. 🤣

I think, if slim fast paid her, I believe she would promote it to grow her online status in the weight loss sector.

That’s why this world of Instagram is all BS and I am SO glad tattle exists.

I’m very sure pure gym was paying her for the fitness posts in the past when she was exercising and now she’s pilled the weight on it’s simply be clothing and fashion nova curve. It just goes to show, when you market yourself well enough there is money to be paid at what ever size/weight.

This mid size thing bugs me though, because I think I’m midsize. I’m not small at all, I would buy a medium and I’m a size 10 in topshop and Zara. I would say I’m midsize with boobs and bum similar to the photo of how Emily used to look. When I was a size 14/16 I was a size large - that is not midsize

small 6-8
Medium 10-12
Large 14-16

unless I got it wrong my whole life 😂😂

Reactions: 4
Had to unfollow. As someone else said, you can see the sheer concentration in her face in the reels! Cringe. Also not keen on the outfits. It’s all the same. WeAr a BoDySuIt. Got it 👌🏼

Someone said about pics of when she was skinnier, if you go back on her insta then there’s a lot on there from 2/3 yrs ago.

She seemed quite obsessed with struggling being comfortable with her body even back then, eating 1000 cals to feel better on holiday.

Attachments

• Wow
I’m gonna say it ....she looks better slimmer . Suits her face more and frame . Now she looks like a sausage trying to get back into its skin. I’m all for self love and that but she’s dining out on not going to the gym and eating everything in site as “relatable” and lying about her dress size . She is a 16 easily and should own that . I look back on old pics of me in the gym and I look soo much better to now where I feel cuddly Af but I own it and I’ve enjoyed getting chubby cause let’s face it calories taste nice lol! But I am looking forward to getting back to the gym and not feeling so unfit .

Also her obsession with bodysuits and joggers is soooo boring now .

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t like all the talk about her body and size. Personally I do think she looks bigger than a 12 but when I was a 10 I looked around a 14, different people, different bodies. Losing weight is so hard when you get to your late twenties and onwards, I just think body shaming someone isn’t nice. I was mad at her going to Dubai and all the looks being the same, just no versatility in where she shops and what she wears.

All cheap material and fast fashions!

I don’t like all the talk about her body and size. Personally I do think she looks bigger than a 12 but when I was a 10 I looked around a 14, different people, different bodies. Losing weight is so hard when you get to your late twenties and onwards, I just think body shaming someone isn’t nice. I was mad at her going to Dubai and all the looks being the same, just no versatility in where she shops and what she wears.

All cheap material and fast fashions!
noone is body shaming, theres absolutely nothing wrong with whatever size she is as I've said she is beautiful and has great style!

She's said herself she's a US size 11 (obviously not realising thats not between a UK 10-12 as US sizes are UK size minus 4) it is in fact 14-16 but then says she's put on sooooo much weight yet is only a 12 in UK sizes but buttons on certain things she wears look like they're about to ping off...

Do you honestly think a responsible NHS doctor would tell a size 12 person they need to lose weight? Very unlikely, you maybe don't like it but no one is shaming or saying her current size is disgusting, we're talking about the deceit and how several recovering anorexics/bulimics have came on and said seeing her say shes a 12 is triggering them.

This mid size thing bugs me though, because I think I’m midsize. I’m not small at all, I would buy a medium and I’m a size 10 in topshop and Zara. I would say I’m midsize with boobs and bum similar to the photo of how Emily used to look. When I was a size 14/16 I was a size large - that is not midsize

small 6-8
Medium 10-12
Large 14-16

unless I got it wrong my whole life 😂😂
You're totally right I'd say

Slim = size 6/8, catwalk model type of physique like kendall jenner/gigi hadid
download (3).jpeg

9906255b5b55912ece1debbff90ad911.jpg

MIDSIZE = size 10/12, still slim but with too much meat on their bones to fit into the fashion model aesthetic, I feel the phrase "slim thick" covers this type of body to a T. Kelly Brook in her heyday is to me, a really good example of someone "mid sized".

0013729c050d0880fbed42.jpg

Plus size = size 14-16. Iskra Lawrence (UK size 14)/ Ashley Graham (UK size 16) type of figure. To do a side by side comparison I would say these are the people who Emily currently corresponds with the most....absolutely nothing wrong with that, Ashley and Iskra are beautiful beautiful women but I just dont feel it's representative of midsize 🤷‍♀️

6662268-6430427-image-a-18_1543253506732.jpg

eXWyrixkOHunmGAMHgP7.jpg

• Heart
noone is body shaming, theres absolutely nothing wrong with whatever size she is as I've said she is beautiful and has great style!

She's said herself she's a US size 11 (obviously not realising thats not between a UK 10-12 as US sizes are UK size minus 4) it is in fact 14-16 but then says she's put on sooooo much weight yet is only a 12 in UK sizes but buttons on certain things she wears look like they're about to ping off...

Do you honestly think a responsible NHS doctor would tell a size 12 person they need to lose weight? Very unlikely, you maybe don't like it but no one is shaming or saying her current size is disgusting, we're talking about the deceit and how several recovering anorexics/bulimics have came on and said seeing her say shes a 12 is triggering them.

You're totally right I'd say

Slim = size 6/8, catwalk model type of physique like kendall jenner/gigi hadid
View attachment 460458
View attachment 460462

MIDSIZE = size 10/12, still slim but with too much meat on their bones to fit into the fashion model aesthetic, I feel the phrase "slim thick" covers this type of body to a T. Kelly Brook in her heyday is to me, a really good example of someone "mid sized".

View attachment 460478

Plus size = size 14-16. Iskra Lawrence (UK size 14)/ Ashley Graham (UK size 16) type of figure. To do a side by side comparison I would say these are the people who Emily currently corresponds with the most....absolutely nothing wrong with that, Ashley and Iskra are beautiful beautiful women but I just dont feel it's representative of midsize 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 460489

View attachment 460490
Doctors don’t go off clothes size when measuring BMI they go off weight and height. She’s a similar height to me and even though I was a size 10 I weighed nearly 11.5 stone, you might not believe me here but I’ve no reason to lie and I was classed as overweight. I think it’s unfair to call someone out about their size, I think she has in the past said that she’s wearing a 16 and truthfully I think the 12’s and 14’s are looking a little tighter but people are so different with how they carry their weight. Her tummy is relatively flat and she won’t have to have her jeans compensate for belly fat so they button up. Personally I find it more triggering when I see women being compared to other women in terms of size etc and some of the comments I’ve seen have been a little harsh. I’m only saying this because I know what it’s like to wear smaller clothes and look like a bigger size and have people disbelieve me and it led to a lot of insecurities.

I personally would rather call her out for Dubai and her tired content. Just don’t want to give her a reason to say that people are bitching about her size on tattle rather than other things.

Reactions: 11
Doctors don’t go off clothes size when measuring BMI they go off weight and height. She’s a similar height to me and even though I was a size 10 I weighed nearly 11.5 stone, you might not believe me here but I’ve no reason to lie and I was classed as overweight. I think it’s unfair to call someone out about their size, I think she has in the past said that she’s wearing a 16 and truthfully I think the 12’s and 14’s are looking a little tighter but people are so different with how they carry their weight. Her tummy is relatively flat and she won’t have to have her jeans compensate for belly fat so they button up. Personally I find it more triggering when I see women being compared to other women in terms of size etc and some of the comments I’ve seen have been a little harsh. I’m only saying this because I know what it’s like to wear smaller clothes and look like a bigger size and have people disbelieve me and it led to a lot of insecurities.

I personally would rather call her out for Dubai and her tired content. Just don’t want to give her a reason to say that people are bitching about her size on tattle rather than other things.
Doctors don't just weigh you as a matter of course. I understand your point but I don't think it's fair to tell people recovering from ED's what they should and shouldn't feel triggered by....I am 5"4 and a size 12. I don't know what height emily is but I believe somewhere around the same. so, technically, you would think we'd look somewhat the same... I have had to see several different GPs and consultants over the past 2 years and not one of them has ever said to me I'm overweight or asked me to get on the scale so they can check my BMI. One of the GP's I have seen regularly has given my dad a voucher to go to slimming world in the past so I'm sure if they thought there was a problem being the size I am they wouldn't hesitate to say.

Of course, there will be variation across the board but generally a 12 is a 29 inch waist, doctors will generally take an interest when your waist is over 32 inches I believe, as thats the trigger point of increasing chances of diabetes, heart attack etc. so the point I'm trying to make is I don't believe the doctor would have asked about her BMI if it didn't appear to be a problem.

I'm totally not bitching please don't think that but unfortunately Emily has caused me to doubt my own size and want to resort to extreme diets, I have no reason to lie about that either.

Doctors don't just weigh you as a matter of course. I understand your point but I don't think it's fair to tell people recovering from ED's what they should and shouldn't feel triggered by....I am 5"4 and a size 12. I don't know what height emily is but I believe somewhere around the same. so, technically, you would think we'd look somewhat the same... I have had to see several different GPs and consultants over the past 2 years and not one of them has ever said to me I'm overweight or asked me to get on the scale so they can check my BMI. One of the GP's I have seen regularly has given my dad a voucher to go to slimming world in the past so I'm sure if they thought there was a problem being the size I am they wouldn't hesitate to say.

Of course, there will be variation across the board but generally a 12 is a 29 inch waist, doctors will generally take an interest when your waist is over 32 inches I believe, as thats the trigger point of increasing chances of diabetes, heart attack etc. so the point I'm trying to make is I don't believe the doctor would have asked about her BMI if it didn't appear to be a problem.

I'm totally not bitching please don't think that but unfortunately Emily has caused me to doubt my own size and want to resort to extreme diets, I have no reason to lie about that either.
I think she’s a 5”2 or 3 from memory but body shapes can make two women of the same clothes size and height look completely different, there is so much variation! If you’re the size you fit into and feel comfortable in, wear it, don’t let Emily tell you indirectly what size you are.
I’m not telling people who have ED’s what to get triggered by, in no way have I said that. How do you know I’ve not had an ED? I’m just saying comparing women’s bodies and sizes isn’t really fair and can make someone take drastic action. She looks healthy to me, I don’t think she’s promoting an unhealthy body type, in fact I think she looks normal and one of her redeeming features is that she doesn’t edit her current pics unlike so many influencers these days, now that is triggering and gives an unrealistic standard for us girls.

I’m not her biggest fan anymore but it’s nothing to do with her size.

I'm not sure either why her doctor would tell her to lose weight. I've been weighed a few times by a doctor and been heavier than I should have been, but never been told to lose weight. Depends what she was at the doctor for but given the restrictions around even going to a GP surgery at the moment, I'm unsure.

If Emily wants to lose weight then of course that's her choice and she should do what's right for her. I don't think anyone here has body shamed her at all and I think we just want transparency. I've struggled with body dysmorphia my entire adult life and felt huge when I was a size 6 and now, at around a 12, I'm not even sure how I truly look given how many Instagrammers edit photos and nothing seems realistic. But when I see someone who is also a size 12 saying their doctor has told them to lose weight, it makes me think goodness, maybe I'm unhealthy, maybe I should be eating less. Its a bit of a slippery slope from there.

That's not Emily's fault at all though, just more of an observation on how social media can be. I know to not compare circumstances to others and everyone is different shapes and sizes, but it's just tough to see at times.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Personally I find it more triggering when I see women being compared to other women in terms of size etc
That just came across to me like you were saying its more triggering the comparison because it's your opinion and kind of rubbishing the feelings that people have said emily evokes in them previously...

I think she’s a 5”2 or 3 from memory but body shapes can make two women of the same clothes size and height look completely different, there is so much variation! If you’re the size you fit into and feel comfortable in, wear it, don’t let Emily tell you indirectly what size you are.
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Emily claims to be a size 12 which is what I am. When emily does underwear try on's her body looks significantly larger than I had believed mine to be. Part of me does think she squeezes herself into wrap dresses and things with elasticated waistbands but at the same time since I started watching her at the start of the year this has caused me to think as great as she looks, I'm now questioning myself, as I want to be slimmer than that. So I have been dieting the past month and will be hammering the gym when they re-open to try and maybe get down to an 8/10. I was happy-ish as a 12, but unfortunately Emily (and my own aparrently) current body is not my goal so if that's how I really look - which I'm still not sure of as potentially Emily is being optimistic given that she has quite comfortably fitted into UK size 15 jeans just last week -I do want to lose some weight. I don't really buy into the "different sizes look different on different people" opinion either. Like that surely defeats the purpose of sizes? You have to fit into some paramter or they wouldn't exist thats why in general, 12 - 29" waist, 10 - 28" waist, 8-26-27" waist and so on and so forth.

I'm not sure either why her doctor would tell her to lose weight. I've been weighed a few times by a doctor and been heavier than I should have been, but never been told to lose weight. Depends what she was at the doctor for but given the restrictions around even going to a GP surgery at the moment, I'm unsure.
She went for period pain...

If Emily wants to lose weight then of course that's her choice and she should do what's right for her. I don't think anyone here has body shamed her at all and I think we just want transparency. I've struggled with body dysmorphia my entire adult life and felt huge when I was a size 6 and now, at around a 12, I'm not even sure how I truly look given how many Instagrammers edit photos and nothing seems realistic. But when I see someone who is also a size 12 saying their doctor has told them to lose weight, it makes me think goodness, maybe I'm unhealthy, maybe I should be eating less. Its a bit of a slippery slope from there.
THISSSS!! A thousand times over!

Last edited:
  • Heart
That just came across to me like you were saying its more triggering the comparison because it's your opinion and kind of rubbishing the feelings that people have said emily evokes in them previously...

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Emily claims to be a size 12 which is what I am. When emily does underwear try on's her body looks significantly larger than I had believed mine to be. Part of me does think she squeezes herself into wrap dresses and things with elasticated waistbands but at the same time since I started watching her at the start of the year this has caused me to think as great as she looks, I want to be slimmer than that. So I have been dieting the past month and will be hammering the gym when they re-open to try and maybe get down to an 8/10. I was happy-ish as a 12, but unfortunately Emily (and my own aparrently) current body is not my goal so if that's how I really look, I do want to lose some weight. I don't really buy into the "different sizes look different on different people" opinion either. Like that surely defeats the purpose of sizes? You have to fit into some paramter or they wouldn't exist thats why in general, 12 - 29" waist, 10 - 28" waist, 8-26-27" waist and so on and so forth.
Different sizes do look different on different people, people will hold fat in other area, height, how much muscle you have. I don't mean to dissuade you from losing weight at all, but I do think it's why people shouldn't actually compare their body to anyone elses because someone could easily wear a 12 and look different to another person wearing a 12 because of many factors. Sizes are just general like you said, but they aren't an exact science and more than often based on a certain body type and the rest of the us just have to subscribe to it. Also sorry I keep editing, but BMI is still something docs use, even though it's been shown to be really unhelpful because it subscribes to a certain body type. It may exist, but that doesn't mean it's right.
I do think Emily squeezes herself into stuff, but also think she does fit some 12 stuff. Even though she's put on weight her belly has remained quite fflat so things would fit differently on her as it does to someone else who may gain weight elsewhere.

Also (and this isn't directed at you) but I think sometimes doctors can just be lil shits. She's free to report her experience of what her doctors said to her, but just because you also happen to be the same clothes size as her, doesn't mean you need to lose weight. Idk why her doctor told her that, but if it makes other people question whether they should lose weight think about how shocking that must have been for her. It's the doctor setting the slippery slope not her, but also just remember that was her doctor to HER. I don't think she's trying to make anyone feel bad, probably just felt tit that the doc told her that. And if there's one thing influencers love, it's good old attention that says "nooooooooooo, you are perfect" :) :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Different sizes do look different on different people, people will hold fat in other area, height, how much muscle you have. I don't mean to dissuade you from losing weight at all, but I do think it's why people shouldn't actually compare their body to anyone elses because someone could easily wear a 12 and look different to another person wearing a 12 because of many factors. Sizes are just general like you said, but they aren't an exact science and more than often based on a certain body type and the rest of the us just have to subscribe to it.
I do think Emily squeezes herself into stuff, but also think she does fit some 12 stuff. Even though she's put on weight her belly has remained quite fflat so things would fit differently on her as it does to someone else who may gain weight elsewhere.

Also (and this isn't directed at you) but I think sometimes doctors can just be lil shits. She's free to report her experience of what her doctors said to her, but just because you also happen to be the same clothes size as her, doesn't mean you need to lose weight. Idk why her doctor told her that, but if it makes other people question whether they should lose weight think about how shocking that must have been for her. I don't think she's trying to make anyone feel bad, probably just felt tit that the doc told her that. And if there's one thing influencers love, it's good old attention that says "nooooooooooo, you are perfect" :) :) :)
Totally accept there will be slight variances and things may look slightly different but of the hundreds of women I've met through work, uni, school, friends etc. I've never met another lady meant to be the same size as me and It's been like night and day looking at the 2 of us :)

Body shapes, height and fat distribution make different people look completely different from each other, unless you have a carbon copy body of Emily’s then you will look completely different from her, sounds like you already can see she looks different to you though. It’s hard not to compare in this insta world and I’m genuinely sorry you feel that way but it’s really not fair to generalise a size the way you’ve done. I’m currently a 14/16 but I have 36FF boobs which makes me look completely different on top to someone else who’s a 14/16. I’ve also noticed that Emily has had a boob job and maybe a BBL (I’m not completely sure though) and this makes her look a lot curvier and voluptuous.
And as for body shaming someone above said she’s now like a sausage and she looks better slimmer, not sure how that’s not triggering to someone who struggles with their size and image?

Totally accept there will be slight variances and things may look slightly different but of the hundreds of women I've met through work, uni, school, friends etc. I've never met another lady meant to be the same size as me and It's been like night and day looking at the 2 of us :)
My two best friends are both a size 10. One is 5”3 and the other is 5”6 (not a huge difference in size) One has huge boobs and the other is flat chested almost. One has muscular legs and the other skinny legs. One has what they would call ‘fat arms’ and the other slim and long arms and believe me they look completely different but wear the same size. As do millions of women.

Body shapes, height and fat distribution make different people look completely different from each other, unless you have a carbon copy body of Emily’s then you will look completely different from her, sounds like you already can see she looks different to you though. It’s hard not to compare in this insta world and I’m genuinely sorry you feel that way but it’s really not fair to generalise a size the way you’ve done. I’m currently a 14/16 but I have 36FF boobs which makes me look completely different on top to someone else who’s a 14/16. I’ve also noticed that Emily has had a boob job and maybe a BBL (I’m not completely sure though) and this makes her look a lot curvier and voluptuous.
And as for body shaming someone above said she’s now like a sausage and she looks better slimmer, not sure how that’s not triggering to someone who struggles with their size and image?
Sorry you feel I've generalised, but unfortunately it is just my honest belief that whilst you may get 2 people of the same size who look slightly bigger/smaller/wider/slimmer than each other, you wouldn't get 2 people of exactly the same size where one could look like Kate Moss and the other Dawn French (not saying theres a problem with either of those 2 women just wanted to give an example as they quite clearly are polar opposites to each other)

Anyways, getting off topic. I did enjoy Emilys content initially but unfortunately this is how I have felt lately. I know other people feel the same who have commented on this thread.

It wasn't me who left the sausage comments so I can't really say anything about that sorry.

Definitely things can look different on different people even if they’re supposed to be the same size, as mentioned above. There’s nothing wrong with Emily gaining weight but I really do think that some of the clothes she’s trying on just look so tight and uncomfortable/too small, like it’d be fine for 5 minutes when you put it on to take a photo but you couldn’t go have dinner or sit down for a bit without everything digging into you.
Anyway it could be a better option if she shared her measurements (obviously being truthful about that..) rather than just her size? 🤔easier to really relate and choose what size we would like to buy from some brands

• Heart
As an above poster has already said, different sizes look different on everyone. I’ve also been a size 12 and was still 12 stone and yes, the doctors congratulated me on losing weight but also reminded me I still wasn’t in a healthy weight category. I had a similar body shape to Emily and was happy with my body.

Emily quite openly said when she came back from Dubai (which is when I lost respect for her) that she was now a 14 as she’d been over indulging. She’s also said that she’s eating healthy and exercising and that she wants to lose weight healthily and steadily (although she doesn’t have to if she wants but she has been honest about it).

People really need to start taking responsibility for their own Instagram feed. Emily isn’t responsible for how you all feel about your body, especially when I actually think she has been honest about her journey with her body. If someone is triggering you because of the size they say they are, you need to remove them from your feed as that’s clearly unhealthy for you. However, I’ll repeat it again, I don’t think Emily is lying about anything. I do feel for anyone struggling with their body and disordered eating but I encourage you to follow people who only make you feel good about your body.

And in a final note, I’ve put on around a stone in the last year (lockdown indulges) but a lot of my size 12s still fit me. Some are a bit snug, but they still fit and a lot of my clothes have a bit of stretch. If you’re someone who’s weight fluctuates then you will buy a lot of clothes with stretch, it’s cost effective.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As an above poster has already said, different sizes look different on everyone. I’ve also been a size 12 and was still 12 stone and yes, the doctors congratulated me on losing weight but also reminded me I still wasn’t in a healthy weight category. I had a similar body shape to Emily and was happy with my body.

Emily quite openly said when she came back from Dubai (which is when I lost respect for her) that she was now a 14 as she’d been over indulging. She’s also said that she’s eating healthy and exercising and that she wants to lose weight healthily and steadily (although she doesn’t have to if she wants but she has been honest about it).

People really need to start taking responsibility for their own Instagram feed. Emily isn’t responsible for how you all feel about your body, especially when I actually think she has been honest about her journey with her body. If someone is triggering you because of the size they say they are, you need to remove them from your feed as that’s clearly unhealthy for you. However, I’ll repeat it again, I don’t think Emily is lying about anything. I do feel for anyone struggling with their body and disordered eating but I encourage you to follow people who only make you feel good about your body.

And in a final note, I’ve put on around a stone in the last year (lockdown indulges) but a lot of my size 12s still fit me. Some are a bit snug, but they still fit and a lot of my clothes have a bit of stretch. If you’re someone who’s weight fluctuates then you will buy a lot of clothes with stretch, it’s cost effective.
To be clear, no one has come here and blamed Emily for how they feel about their body. It's part of a wider issue with social media, photo editing (some people say she doesn't - but I'd say like most Instagrammers, there will certainly be an element of it) and also, vanity sizing. I think Emily is very good at dressing for her height and figure and she's posted a lot of useful stuff about shapewear and how to pose for photos, getting the right angle, etc which makes all the difference.

• Heart