Emily English - emthenutritionist

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only ever flick though stories now as am not interested in #kindlygifted irrelevant restaurant reviews, and I think the whole “what I eat in a day” thing is highly problematic.

I did however gave in and buy her book. Her food is good, although 90% of the recipes are am described as her “favourite” 🙄🙄🙄.

She definitely needs to drop the “nutritionist” from her name though…. And the probiotic supplement? 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 4
I only ever flick though stories now as am not interested in #kindlygifted irrelevant restaurant reviews, and I think the whole “what I eat in a day” thing is highly problematic.

I did however gave in and buy her book. Her food is good, although 90% of the recipes are am described as her “favourite” 🙄🙄🙄.

She definitely needs to drop the “nutritionist” from her name though…. And the probiotic supplement? 🤬🤬🤬🤬
I didn’t think there were enough pictures of her pretending to eat a bowl of pasta.

That said there are a lot of recipes I’m looking forward to trying, and now I don’t have to look at her insta anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I bought the book too but not loving it so far like I do her recipes on insta
I don’t know what it is they just seem a bit meh like a recipe for pan con tomate basically squished tomatoes on toast then a few pages later eggy bread with tomatoes?!
They are barely recipes!

• Wow
I bought the book too but not loving it so far like I do her recipes on insta
I don’t know what it is they just seem a bit meh like a recipe for pan con tomate basically squished tomatoes on toast then a few pages later eggy bread with tomatoes?!
They are barely recipes!
Thanks for letting us know, I don't mind super simple recipes but sometimes they just feel like filler to fill those cookbook pages, mixed in with probably 50 pictures of her.. way to stretch yourself to make that buck.

I was looking at the reviews on Amazon and some of the more negative ones said that the ones on her socials are better, the recipe won't be accompanied with a photo, or there will be 3 pointless pages with photos of tomatoes. I won't be buying.

I bought it, annoyed at myself for buying it as I don’t like her but I do like her recipes. I think it’s an ok book and there are a couple of recipes I’ll try. I feel like the calorie count in the book for each serving is way underestimated though. The meal plan that she put at the back seemed to me to be way too complicated and time consuming.

Reactions: 9
I bought it, annoyed at myself for buying it as I don’t like her but I do like her recipes. I think it’s an ok book and there are a couple of recipes I’ll try. I feel like the calorie count in the book for each serving is way underestimated though. The meal plan that she put at the back seemed to me to be way too complicated and time consuming.
I made one of her recipes last night, and tracked it in my fitness pal as I was cooking and seemed to be accurate. But for a ‘nutritionist’, I think she could’ve hanmed up the nutrition side as put a more detailed breakdown of what the benefits are to each meal - although that requires more work lol.

Also agree, there a definitely a lot of filler pages in there! I do appreciate pictures of most recipes, as I think that’s useful, but not 3 pages of the same thing haha

Reactions: 7
Same here but at least I got it at half price. The recipes are fine but she has so many better looking ones up which she never shared a breakdown of, I was expecting these in the book. V. disappointing 😞

Oh good I thought I was just being picky not loving the book. I eat her salads for lunch every day and actually really like her TikTok recipes so was looking forward to the book but nothing in there really excited me. They all seem a bit basic.

Same here but at least I got it at half price. The recipes are fine but she has so many better looking ones up which she never shared a breakdown of, I was expecting these in the book. V. disappointing 😞
Yeah I agree, on her insta nearly every recipe I’m thinking oooo sounds delicious but I flicked through the book not fussed about much
It’s odd, doesn’t seem like ‘her’ recipes if you know what I mean
I think she makes such good food on insta it just doesn’t seem to of translated into book form

Reactions: 8
That’s a good point actually, maybe they’re not her recipes. Plenty of cook books are written by ghost recipe creators.

• Wow
That’s a good point actually, maybe they’re not her recipes. Plenty of cook books are written by ghost recipe creators.
Ha could be, damn that's sneaky, like all her hidden Ad content I guess... weird thing to save your best recipes for Instagram and not an actual cookbook, not a great decision on her part.

Reactions: 3
Another purchaser here and agree with everything you’ve all said. Nothing to get me excited at all, it’ll join all the others on the shelf and likely never be touched again until it goes to the charity shop 😂

Yes, i agree. I bought it on kindle, and having struggled through all her “favourites” I found nothing inspiring. The nutrition “breakdown” is only calories/protein, so fairly meaningless. I returned it, won’t miss it. There’s definitely better stuff on her socials

Reactions: 1
Her book isn't out in the US till September but she's got a very high rating from other countries, ugh...

Also what is with the ugly tiles in the pictures, this looks like it was shot on an old bathroom floor..

1715804933810.png

Also I've never seen her wear jeans like those lol, she's trying to appeal to more people I guess?

1715804991942.png

Reactions: 1
Th ricotta pancakes in the book is identical to a nigella recipe I have been using for years. I'm not sure she actually wrote these recipes herself. But I agree the book is pretty disappointing.

Reactions: 5