Emily English - emthenutritionist

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Th ricotta pancakes in the book is identical to a nigella recipe I have been using for years. I'm not sure she actually wrote these recipes herself. But I agree the book is pretty disappointing.
Oh yes, I've been making them since the book and the episode of Forever Summer came out <3 the Ricotta Hotcakes. Delicious stuff.

Reactions: 1
crazy how her book is half price tho ... slap to the face for people who bought it at full price :/
i was thinking to get it at 12.50£ but after reading the comments here i think ill pass ...

Reactions: 3
Saw it half price to and so pleased I didn’t order! Will stick to her TikTok recipes which are great

If you pre-order at full price on Amazon and the price drops you pay the lower price. Not sure about other retailers …

Reactions: 4
I also find it weird there hasn’t been much fan fare about the book? Usually there’s a big build up then a launch, she had a dinner but the book was barely mentioned then in the days after release usually food instagrammers post about their fav recipes and re posts from fans but there’s literally been nothing?!
It’s really odd she hasn’t filmed any recipes from the book (that I’ve noticed) to keep people buying

Reactions: 10
I don’t believe Em’s WIEIAD posts - I’ve said it before, she doesn’t eat half of what she posts. In my eyes she isn’t a nutritionist or whatever she calls to be, she is a full on London luxury influencer now. Expect to see her on Made in Chelsea next 😆

On a side note, i follow a page called real.life.nutritionist and she is fab! She posts a “why i eat” day in the life every Wednesday which is really interesting.

Reactions: 15
Yes, she’s great! A lot more information about the actual food and no other influencing.

Those “what I eat in a day” posts are so problematic — not just from Emily English, it must be said. I wish the trend would just die.

Reactions: 7
I don’t believe Em’s WIEIAD posts - I’ve said it before, she doesn’t eat half of what she posts. In my eyes she isn’t a nutritionist or whatever she calls to be, she is a full on London luxury influencer now. Expect to see her on Made in Chelsea next 😆

On a side note, i follow a page called real.life.nutritionist and she is fab! She posts a “why i eat” day in the life every Wednesday which is really interesting.
She’s been called out for it before and her response was it’s not actually what she eats it’s just to give people an idea of what they could be eating

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Yeah, I think she just posts them to increase the engagment on her account because she doesn't post the recipes then gets loads of people asking for them in the comments.

She blocked me on IG must have been something I said, like THE TRUTH :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I requested a refund for the book. Other than none of it exciting me, I’m not paying for recipes that are going on her Instagram anyway.

I requested a refund for the book. Other than none of it exciting me, I’m not paying for recipes that are going on her Instagram anyway.
Same here, sent it back to Amazon today! Actually had really high hopes for it but as you say not paying for a recipe book full of the recipes she’s already posted on IG!

Good for you guys, I think there's so much great stuff for free online, the purchase of a cookbook which isn't cheap most of the time should make it worth it! I actually got a great cookbook few days ago, even comes with QR codes for music playlists to cook to haha, lots of great stuff in side that I want to make already.

And I see it went on sale AFTER i bought it lol

1715970273030.png

and its not all just salad recipes, also cool combos like this -

1715970722708.png

• Heart
Good for you guys, I think there's so much great stuff for free online, the purchase of a cookbook which isn't cheap most of the time should make it worth it! I actually got a great cookbook few days ago, even comes with QR codes for music playlists to cook to haha, lots of great stuff in side that I want to make already.

And I see it went on sale AFTER i bought it lol

View attachment 2942153

and its not all just salad recipes, also cool combos like this -

View attachment 2942174
I love a good salad I’m going to have to purchase this.

I’m a big fan of cook books, but like that where there is so much available online it has to be worth it . I love carribean food, so although not as healthy as your recommendation or Emily’s book, I really like this one and have used it a lot.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I love a good salad I’m going to have to purchase this.

I’m a big fan of cook books, but like that where there is so much available online it has to be worth it . I love carribean food, so although not as healthy as your recommendation or Emily’s book, I really like this one and have used it a lot.
Ah thank you, Its currently free on Kindle Unlimited so I got it, will check it out, I love cookbook recommendations, this just made my day <3

Hope you enjoy Salad Freak, the Kindle copy goes on sale for $3 sometimes, it was when I was getting my hardcover. Also love how every recipe has a picture, and its one page recipe and then picture, no filler other than few intro chapters and art for each season, its separated by seasons.

Last edited:
That gym she goes to - the membership is £330 per month, or £35 for a single session. And here's me paying £23 a month 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 12