Emily English - emthenutritionist

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It reminds me of the "Seed" pills every other influencer promotes...? Is it different?
I am very curious about the price she will sell it for... šŸ¤”šŸ˜…

Reactions: 4
It reminds me of the "Seed" pills every other influencer promotes...? Is it different?
I am very curious about the price she will sell it for... šŸ¤”šŸ˜…
I was just thinking on getting back on Seed, I've used it for 2 years and took a break, its just so pricey but drove me crazy seeing every idiot out there promote it, just because they got paid to do so.

Reactions: 3
Have just come across Emily via her appearance with Queen of the Spam Botox Forehead also getting married Alice Liveing - delighted to be introduced to her own thread! šŸ˜Š

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Have to be honest, following Emilyā€™s recipes, 3 meals a day, no snacks, Iā€™ve gone from having binge eating disorder to losing 3 stone. My skin is glowing, I never get wild sugar cravings like I used to, and I love how everything is full fat, lots of variety, lots of vegetables and TASTY! Yes it is expensive, but after years of battling with an eating disorder, trying every diet under the sun, Iā€™m finally in a good place, and I have her to thank. So yes Iā€™ll spend silly amounts on my food shopping every week if it means Iā€™m happy and healthy lol.

Personally, I donā€™t follow influencers expecting everything they do to be relatable to me. The obvious work sheā€™s had done, the constant eating out, even the fancy kitchen and set up she has. The ads are SO ANNOYING, but I just scroll past as thatā€™s not what I follow her for? Or her weird boyfriend. One minute she promoted the pond water stuff then stopped. Thereā€™s definitely inconsistencies with her content and what she says but compared to a lot of other health accounts/nutritionists I donā€™t find her entirely offensive.

Another girl I follow just an FYI who has great recipes similar to Emilyā€™s is Georgia May Salamat and Sohonutrition šŸ˜Š

Reactions: 16
Have to be honest, following Emilyā€™s recipes, 3 meals a day, no snacks, Iā€™ve gone from having binge eating disorder to losing 3 stone. My skin is glowing, I never get wild sugar cravings like I used to, and I love how everything is full fat, lots of variety, lots of vegetables and TASTY! Yes it is expensive, but after years of battling with an eating disorder, trying every diet under the sun, Iā€™m finally in a good place, and I have her to thank. So yes Iā€™ll spend silly amounts on my food shopping every week if it means Iā€™m happy and healthy lol.

Personally, I donā€™t follow influencers expecting everything they do to be relatable to me. The obvious work sheā€™s had done, the constant eating out, even the fancy kitchen and set up she has. The ads are SO ANNOYING, but I just scroll past as thatā€™s not what I follow her for? Or her weird boyfriend. One minute she promoted the pond water stuff then stopped. Thereā€™s definitely inconsistencies with her content and what she says but compared to a lot of other health accounts/nutritionists I donā€™t find her entirely offensive.

Another girl I follow just an FYI who has great recipes similar to Emilyā€™s is Georgia May Salamat and Sohonutrition šŸ˜Š
Thanks for the other recommendations, Iā€™ve been looking for similar accounts.

I follow quite a lot of her recipes too, have her book on pre order. I sometimes make tweaks as I have some gastro issues and I am not trying to lose weight - but Iā€™ve lost a stone, feel fantastic and my sleep (and as a result) anxiety and general mood has improved.
i really enjoy cooking and experimenting so havenā€™t noticed much difference in the cost of my shopping , some weeks it works out a bit cheaper.

but I agree with the ads, the constant eating out at ridiculously priced restaurants and herIl boyfriend gives me the major ick with his mini hand šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Reactions: 6
I understand the frustrations around influencers, particularly social media feeling like one big ad. And itā€™s SO IN YOUR FACE atm. But people forget you donā€™t have to buy anything they plug. You donā€™t have to listen, follow, and allow them to influence your life šŸ˜‚ no-one is forcing you. You can pick and choose.

Like Iā€™m not going to click Emilyā€™s Skin and Me links or 3820101730 supplement suggestions because I donā€™t want or need it šŸ˜‚ I donā€™t want lumi spas, Stanley cups, or any other shite they probably donā€™t use themselves šŸ¤£ I have no problem using a link or a discount code through an influencer if theyā€™ve helped me. Iā€™m happy to help line their pockets if theyā€™ve added value to my life. End of the day weā€™re all just trying to survive and earn coin. But only if itā€™s relevant?

So if I see a Look Fantastic discount link or an ASOS link to a jumper I like and itā€™s payday, Iā€™m probably your girl šŸ¤£ thereā€™s something for everyone.

Emilys recipes are realistic and simple, all ingredients I can pick up at the supermarket, she doesnā€™t tell you what not to eat, she promotes balance and her meals are tasty. She just romanticises and curates her life for the gram šŸ˜‚ nothing else is relatable to me and thatā€™s fine.

Reactions: 4
If you click on an affiliate link the influencer will earn money on anything you buy from that website over the next 30-90 days, doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s the product they suggested or something thatā€™s been in your basket for a year, theyā€™ll get commission regardless. Really annoys me that affiliate marketing isnā€™t more transparent for the consumer, as many wonā€™t realise theyā€™re feeding the beast even if they donā€™t purchase the item they clicked on to nosy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If you click on an affiliate link the influencer will earn money on anything you buy from that website over the next 30-90 days, doesnā€™t matter if itā€™s the product they suggested or something thatā€™s been in your basket for a year, theyā€™ll get commission regardless. Really annoys me that affiliate marketing isnā€™t more transparent for the consumer, as many wonā€™t realise theyā€™re feeding the beast even if they donā€™t purchase the item they clicked on to nosy.
Why does that bother you though? If itā€™s an influencer you like? If itā€™s one you donā€™t like Iā€™m assuming you wouldnā€™t click.

Why does that bother you though? If itā€™s an influencer you like? If itā€™s one you donā€™t like Iā€™m assuming you wouldnā€™t click.
Itā€™s more the lack of transparency that bothers me, influencers donā€™t tell you which store they used, itā€™s hidden in a tinyurl, so even if you donā€™t like the influencer but want to know more about the item youā€™re rewarding their cloak and dagger antics by clicking on the link. We all know that not marking ā€œadā€ or ā€œaffā€ is a crappy thing to do but no one speaks about the clickbait links designed to help them profit from your browsing habits.

Reactions: 10
@sorrypardonme what is the point on your posts? No one here needs to justify anything to you. You can say ā€œdonā€™t lookā€ about any of the thread on tattle. ā€œI can chose not to look or clickā€ is the worst argument for these influencers. I followed Emily for ages, and then got sick of the undeclared ads, the shady content where she was promoting stuff she didnā€™t use, the fakery of it all and even a gifted (undeclared!) engagement ring ffs! Why should they get away with it, especially when there are impressionable people who believe it all. Plus she is just really annoying šŸ¤£ It is a place to comment on all of this - make a rave thread if you want and let the rest of us get on with what we want which is discussing all of the above on here and calling out the bullshit šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@sorrypardonme what is the point on your posts? No one here needs to justify anything to you. You can say ā€œdonā€™t lookā€ about any of the thread on tattle. ā€œI can chose not to look or clickā€ is the worst argument for these influencers. I followed Emily for ages, and then got sick of the undeclared ads, the shady content where she was promoting stuff she didnā€™t use, the fakery of it all and even a gifted (undeclared!) engagement ring ffs! Why should they get away with it, especially when there are impressionable people who believe it all. Plus she is just really annoying šŸ¤£ It is a place to comment on all of this - make a rave thread if you want and let the rest of us get on with what we want which is discussing all of the above on here and calling out the bullshit šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™m not raving about her? I agree with many of the points discussed, as Iā€™ve previously said, doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t provide a nuanced view. Itā€™s a gossip thread, not a dragging thread? In fact, the first comment on this thread is a rave comment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ And I was merely asking someone else, (not you šŸ‘€) a question because Iā€™m curious.
---
Itā€™s more the lack of transparency that bothers me, influencers donā€™t tell you which store they used, itā€™s hidden in a tinyurl, so even if you donā€™t like the influencer but want to know more about the item youā€™re rewarding their cloak and dagger antics by clicking on the link. We all know that not marking ā€œadā€ or ā€œaffā€ is a crappy thing to do but no one speaks about the clickbait links designed to help them profit from your browsing habits.
Yes the lack of transparency is crappy, especially if you donā€™t know how these links work. I didnā€™t know until Tattle šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but if they did declare it, and I like the influencer I donā€™t have a problem using their link and them making money from me. But thatā€™s just me!

I canā€™t stand it when they peddle a product theyā€™ve NEVER talked about and now claim to love it šŸ„± or they rave about a certain mascara letā€™s say but then literally the next day plug a different mascara they claim to use EVERYDAY, itā€™s incred blah blah BUT WITH A LINKā€¦ stfu šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ no you donā€™t.

Last edited:
Iā€™m not raving about her? I agree with many of the points discussed, as Iā€™ve previously said, doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t provide a nuanced view. Itā€™s a gossip thread, not a dragging thread? In fact, the first comment on this thread is a rave comment šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ And I was merely asking someone else, (not you šŸ‘€) a question because Iā€™m curious.
---

Yes the lack of transparency is crappy, especially if you donā€™t know how these links work. I didnā€™t know until Tattle šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ but if they did declare it, and I like the influencer I donā€™t have a problem using their link and them making money from me. But thatā€™s just me!

I canā€™t stand it when they peddle a product theyā€™ve NEVER talked about and now claim to love it šŸ„± or they rave about a certain mascara letā€™s say but then literally the next day plug a different mascara they claim to use EVERYDAY, itā€™s incred blah blah BUT WITH A LINKā€¦ stfu šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ no you donā€™t.
You are asking why people are clicking on her account, why the stuff she does bothers them and implying we should just scroll past and ignore it. No one has to justify any of that to you, as I say. Itā€™s just derailing to keep asking people to explain themselves or having people defend influencers generally and getting into that argument.

• Heart
@sorrypardonme I followed Emily for ages, and then got sick of the undeclared ads, the shady content where she was promoting stuff she didnā€™t use, the fakery of it all and even a gifted (undeclared!) engagement ring ffs!
I must have missed this! How did she get away with that? I scrolled back to the engagement post - couldnā€™t spot any clues šŸ•µļøā€ā™€ļø šŸ˜‚ pretty grim. Although gifted (free) ring seems about in line with what weā€™d expect from the other half!

Reactions: 5
You are asking why people are clicking on her account, why the stuff she does bothers them and implying we should just scroll past and ignore it. No one has to justify any of that to you, as I say. Itā€™s just derailing to keep asking people to explain themselves or having people defend influencers generally and getting into that argument.
Nooooo, I asked why it would bother you if an influencer made money from you clicking on a link of theirs if you liked the influencer. Out of interest. And if you didnā€™t like them, donā€™t click on link. No-where did I say you canā€™t moan about the links themselves šŸ˜‚ theyā€™re annoying, hard agree.

But semantics. Weā€™re all here to put our 2p in.
---
I must have missed this! How did she get away with that? I scrolled back to the engagement post - couldnā€™t spot any clues šŸ•µļøā€ā™€ļø šŸ˜‚ pretty grim. Although gifted (free) ring seems about in line with what weā€™d expect from the other half!
I couldnā€™t find anything to say the ring was gifted either šŸ¤” not sure how Iā€™d feel about that if my fiancĆ© proposed to me with a gifted ringā€¦ like would he have done it regardless?

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know why sheā€™s not on the UK voluntary nutritionist register?
She was but then took herself off, we believe because theyā€™re quite strict around rules about stuff they can recommend/peddle and so she wouldnā€™t be able to shill half the stuff she does as the health claims are dubious to say the least
---
Nooooo, I asked why it would bother you if an influencer made money from you clicking on a link of theirs if you liked the influencer. Out of interest. And if you didnā€™t like them, donā€™t click on link. No-where did I say you canā€™t moan about the links themselves šŸ˜‚ theyā€™re annoying, hard agree.

But semantics. Weā€™re all here to put our 2p in.
---

I couldnā€™t find anything to say the ring was gifted either šŸ¤” not sure how Iā€™d feel about that if my fiancĆ© proposed to me with a gifted ringā€¦ like would he have done it regardless?
She did tag the jewellers once with a tiny #ad

• Wow
Reactions: 7
She was but then took herself off, we believe because theyā€™re quite strict around rules about stuff they can recommend/peddle and so she wouldnā€™t be able to shill half the stuff she does as the health claims are dubious to say the least
---

She did tag the jewellers once with a tiny #ad
I think she was also offering 1:1 services with people with diagnosed health conditions like IBS and offering all sorts of weird testing which all isn't allowed and also it states clearly nutritionist shouldn't be working with people with diagnosed health conditions unless it's part of a team with doctors.

• Wow
Reactions: 5