Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meg78

VIP Member
“Hey guys look at this menu, ignore the designer bag I strategically placed behind it hehehe definitely not a humble brag or anything after I visited my old school to show them how good I am at flicking my hair as I close my fridge online”

Do we think it’s real or a rep bag? 🤔

IMG_4215.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
I HATE being “that” person because I know I just shouldn’t watch if it bothers me. But this Gaza and Israel war breaks my heart, all the people without food and water. And then…this. Sent £££s worth of food for doing nothing, then going on to stealth brag showing the £££
IMG_6484.jpeg
IMG_6483.jpeg
prices of the up market restaurant she is eating at again. The world seems so very, very unfair. I couldn’t accept free food like that and have it on my conscience, let alone then go on a bragging spree about what I can afford.

BoogleC

I think it’s really sad to see couples plaster their holidays/meals etc over socials. Can they not spend time together without documenting it online and just enjoying the moment

rebremm99

Chatty Member
Botox isn’t a big deal why do influencers have to lie about it? It’s obvious she’s had it like

ack13

I bought it, annoyed at myself for buying it as I don’t like her but I do like her recipes. I think it’s an ok book and there are a couple of recipes I’ll try. I feel like the calorie count in the book for each serving is way underestimated though. The meal plan that she put at the back seemed to me to be way too complicated and time consuming.

storminaDcup

Chatty Member
Not sure what 'bump' mean 😅 but if that's a drugs it explains why she stays skinny eating that much
A bump is street speak for a little bit of cocaine, like a top up after you’ve had a line. It’s so rife in the posh circles it wouldn’t surprise me at all. Just seemed like a very strange slip of the tongue

Herefortruth

Her lips are awful. I hate filler at the best of times and it’s so rare to see it done well. It’s so obvious she has it (I know she’s admitted that) and to me, if you can tell someone’s got lip filler, it’s not been done well

LadyV

I don't follow Emily but she's constantly in my sponsored feeds obsessing over one probiotic strain or another. I went to her profile and noticed that in every video she films herself closing the fridge, with a pouty look over her shoulder into the distance. Maybe I should try it sometime instead of whacking it shut with the back of my arm whilst drooling over my snacks.

Attachments

• Haha

kaaa2

VIP Member
I don’t think this is a particularly hot take as it’s something we all already know but I would just love to start a conversation around this as I think Emily is a great example of the power of beauty in our society. Her recipes are ok, but nothing groundbreaking. Her biggest pull and greatest marketing tool is her looks. I don’t believe for a minute she would be nearly as popular without her blonde blown out hair, ultra white teeth and glowing skin. She’s selling her recipes to us as though we need to eat what she’s eating and consume the supplements she’s promoting to look like her but in no world would we ever achieve that without Botox, filler and makeup. It just feels like pure trickery and I’m so over it.
Similar to Bryony Deery. Nothing she says or does is that great, but people want to look like her so will follow her and copy what she does despite a lot of it being unhealthy for most people. They’re just pretty woman who are like sales assistants on the internet

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Same here but at least I got it at half price. The recipes are fine but she has so many better looking ones up which she never shared a breakdown of, I was expecting these in the book. V. disappointing 😞
Yeah I agree, on her insta nearly every recipe I’m thinking oooo sounds delicious but I flicked through the book not fussed about much
It’s odd, doesn’t seem like ‘her’ recipes if you know what I mean
I think she makes such good food on insta it just doesn’t seem to of translated into book form

Mentioning she wears a size 6 feels unnecessary. Especially from someone who uses the story of her past with disordered eating and poor body image to be perceived as a credible person to follow for anti-diet culture. So from that perspective, I reckon she should be mindful of the harm that can cause.

Attachments

YoungHollywood

VIP Member
I think it’s completely unnecessary for her to shame this person like this.
I think the person hit too close to home.
the constant Itsu and marks and Spencer stuff is just boring corporate PR. I don’t even get the point in it or who it appeals to, apart from others influencers.

rebremm99

Chatty Member
I really liked her when I first started following her but I’m sick of the constant shilling of crap now. So obvious that she’s absolutely desperate to be an influencer and the food is just an easy way to get in.

Reactions: 8

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I would bet my first born child her “bucket list dream that’s about to happen” is getting drunk in Dubai with all the other influencers

Reactions: 8