Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BoogleC

Just putting it out there…..I bet you this Maldives trip is gifted/sponsored in some way…..but she just hasn’t declared it yet. She keeps tagging the resort, so it’s either a shameless beg for an upgrade/freebies in the future or she is working for them 🤔 thoughts?
it feels like an undeclared ad/gift so far to me but I could be wrong and she’s just being shameless in tagging the resort for freebies. It seems to be so common now with influencers to blur the lines and be dishonest by tagging places/companies without saying they’re benefiting in some way by doing so

Reactions: 8

Chattyman321

Do they literally eat out at fancy restaurants every night of the week! Unless they get it for free they must spend a fortune!

Chatterbox2412

VIP Member
I feel like I’m being gaslighted by that grid post.. there’s no chance she paid for this holiday in full, right? Don't be so goddamn sneaky with your privilege!!
Exactly - there is no way she paid for the trip, as if she had she wouldn’t have been tagging the resort every 2 minutes!

ChilliBean

VIP Member
Christ that photo is a stark reminder not to believe everything you see on Instagram! She’s a pretty girl naturally but has obviously had a lot of work done to achieve the perfection she shows every day

Shilling the influencer favourite skin and me now as the best thing ever, wasn’t that Elemis the other day, the only thing she uses on her skin. It’s so disingenuous and you’d think brands would pay a bit more attention

adviseplz

VIP Member
It’s crazy she goes out for these pretentious meals every weekend. I do this with my mum every so often (as a treat, like once a year haha) and my stomach is in bits after because the food is always so rich

Agree with this so much! It’s so harsh and perfumed on the skin, they literally ALL say the same thing about the cleanser how it ‘just MELTS your makeup off’ - that doesn’t even make sense? I laugh every time one of them says it it’s like attack of the clones
Yeah the Elemis pro collagen cleansing balm is sooo overhyped as a cleanser and a complete rip off at £49. I used it for a while but then switched to a Beauty Bay own brand cleaning balm for a fraction of the price, which is completely unperfumed and does the job just as well.

namenotavailable

Chatty Member
The way influenzas shoehorn random objects into their content to make it seem relevant to their audience is hilarious. This is the perfect example.

Does anyone know why she’s not on the UK voluntary nutritionist register?
She was but then took herself off, we believe because they’re quite strict around rules about stuff they can recommend/peddle and so she wouldn’t be able to shill half the stuff she does as the health claims are dubious to say the least
---
Nooooo, I asked why it would bother you if an influencer made money from you clicking on a link of theirs if you liked the influencer. Out of interest. And if you didn’t like them, don’t click on link. No-where did I say you can’t moan about the links themselves 😂 they’re annoying, hard agree.

But semantics. We’re all here to put our 2p in.
---

I couldn’t find anything to say the ring was gifted either 🤔 not sure how I’d feel about that if my fiancé proposed to me with a gifted ring… like would he have done it regardless?
She did tag the jewellers once with a tiny #ad

• Wow

Callan

VIP Member
So very much romantic lol, be prepared to see her use her left had in every picture now.

Reactions: 7

ChilliBean

VIP Member
I really like her recipes but it does feel like she is constantly shilling stuff on Instagram all the time. She’s just advertised an oven on her stories saying she’s used it for 6 months yet all of her recipes are using her air fryer?

Raker

VIP Member
Yes, she’s great! A lot more information about the actual food and no other influencing.

Those “what I eat in a day” posts are so problematic — not just from Emily English, it must be said. I wish the trend would just die.

Classychick

Chatty Member
Omg just checked and yes she deleted all the cocktails from last night
Claridges could see that she deleted stories where she tagged them. Lol such a disrespect .