Emily English - emthenutritionist

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who wants to be up peeing all night though? Thought she bangs on about the importance of good quality sleep

Reactions: 6
Also “I ALWAYS take this stuff” umm this is the first time you’ve ever mentioned it

Reactions: 9
I’m starting to think Emily is far more problematic than I initially would have thought. Her conflicting advice and behaviours are concerning, seems when there is money to be made or a way for her to grow her platform, any convictions go out the window.

I think the presence and position she’s taken as a nutritionist and wellness professional frames her in a different way to the bog standard fashion, beauty or lifestyle influencer. However, I think Emily’s content and drive has shifted more toward the latter but she’s still holding the status and audience of the former. I think she would be best suited to the space of the beauty/fashion influencer and leave the nutrition/wellness to better intentioned professionals that do not have dollar signs at the forefront of their minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m starting to think Emily is far more problematic than I initially would have thought. Her conflicting advice and behaviours are concerning, seems when there is money to be made or a way for her to grow her platform, any convictions go out the window.

I think the presence and position she’s taken as a nutritionist and wellness professional frames her in a different way to the bog standard fashion, beauty or lifestyle influencer. However, I think Emily’s content and drive has shifted more toward the latter but she’s still holding the status and audience of the former. I think she would be best suited to the space of the beauty/fashion influencer and leave the nutrition/wellness to better intentioned professionals that do not have dollar signs at the forefront of their minds.
I think what makes it more misleading is that she was a registered nutritionist at the start but I said before I noticed she stopped saying that and removed the AfN logo from her website and isn’t on their register. I think it's because they have a code of conduct and wouldn't agree with what she posts and promotes. Unfortunately I don’t think enough people care or are educated on who is qualified and who isn’t for something to actually happen about it.

In any other profession it would be completely unacceptable to not be registered with the appropriate board and keep up with your CPD and professional development. Just having a degree isn’t enough in a profession where you are working with people and need to keep up with research.

Reactions: 14
I think what makes it more misleading is that she was a registered nutritionist at the start but I said before I noticed she stopped saying that and removed the AfN logo from her website and isn’t on their register. I think it's because they have a code of conduct and wouldn't agree with what she posts and promotes. Unfortunately I don’t think enough people care or are educated on who is qualified and who isn’t for something to actually happen about it.

In any other profession it would be completely unacceptable to not be registered with the appropriate board and keep up with your CPD and professional development. Just having a degree isn’t enough in a profession where you are working with people and need to keep up with research.
totally agree. The food medic is another example of this, she’s gone full blown insta hun

Reactions: 11
I know it’s been said but I really think her excessive drinking is sending such a bad message and totally conflicts with her overall wellness message. It’s not like she’s being honest and saying ‘alcohol is my vice and I know it’s trash for our bodies but it’s my one thing and I know I need to cut down’, she’s promoting it alongside an otherwise healthy lifestyle where she doesn’t really eat any processed food, packs her diet full of nutrients and fruit/veg, talks constantly about fuelling and nourishing her body all the time and then guzzles something so toxic and unhealthy several times a week. If she was promoting a lifestyle of balance and moderation it would be an occasional glass of wine here or there, not the amount she seems to be drinking.

I used to have a diet and lifestyle fairly similar to Emily’s where I’d eat clean healthy food, exercise loads and then binge drink every weekend. Looking back I was nowhere near as healthy as I thought and things like my skin, sleep, gut health and mental health were in the gutter.

I just wish she’d be more honest rather than peddling the idea that you can get drunk every weekend and still be super healthy as long as you eat well and exercise (or take supplements to counteract the effects…). I just don’t think it’s true.

She posted four Instagram stories last night featuring four different glasses of wine, then finished it off with a full bottle of one the wines which they were taking home, and then a story of her and Andrew Tate pissed singing with ‘should probs do Dry Jan’…

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know it’s been said but I really think her excessive drinking is sending such a bad message and totally conflicts with her overall wellness message. It’s not like she’s being honest and saying ‘alcohol is my vice and I know it’s trash for our bodies but it’s my one thing and I know I need to cut down’, she’s promoting it alongside an otherwise healthy lifestyle where she doesn’t really eat any processed food, packs her diet full of nutrients and fruit/veg, talks constantly about fuelling and nourishing her body all the time and then guzzles something so toxic and unhealthy several times a week. If she was promoting a lifestyle of balance and moderation it would be an occasional glass of wine here or there, not the amount she seems to be drinking.

I used to have a diet and lifestyle fairly similar to Emily’s where I’d eat clean healthy food, exercise loads and then binge drink every weekend. Looking back I was nowhere near as healthy as I thought and things like my skin, sleep, gut health and mental health were in the gutter.

I just wish she’d be more honest rather than peddling the idea that you can get drunk every weekend and still be super healthy as long as you eat well and exercise (or take supplements to counteract the effects…). I just don’t think it’s true.

She posted four Instagram stories last night featuring four different glasses of wine, then finished it off with a full bottle of one the wines which they were taking home, and then a story of her and Andrew Tate pissed singing with ‘should probs do Dry Jan’…
Agree with all of this!
Plus they dine/wine out literally every weekend and some days during the week! It’s very misleading of her I think to be posting about her clean/healthy eating during the week then going to excess at weekends

Reactions: 8
Had to unfollow after the ‘what I eat in a day as a nutritionist’ reel then someone commented and she admitted it wasn’t actually all she ate that day…so misleading!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10