Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
guaranteed that when Em returns to IG, her first post will be an #ad for some baby product or other. ensuring she can make the most money possible out if exploiting her baby girl! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 6
70C7B361-79CB-4B00-8352-305DEF026E8F.jpeg

this popped up on my insta randomly; it’s not the first time I’ve seen marketing suggestions shared on Instagram for aspirational influencers.

the sad thing is, this is ALL the sort of stuff Em does. Guaranteed she has a similar crib sheet she discussed with her management about what she’s sort of image she wants to cultivate and what she’s going to post.

• Haha
View attachment 1941777

this popped up on my insta randomly; it’s not the first time I’ve seen marketing suggestions shared on Instagram for aspirational influencers.

the sad thing is, this is ALL the sort of stuff Em does. Guaranteed she has a similar crib sheet she discussed with her management about what she’s sort of image she wants to cultivate and what she’s going to post.
It’s sad though isn’t it that everything on social media is orchestrated nowadays. Everything is fake just to make money. I wish it would all collapse around them so they’d duck off

Reactions: 14
It’s sad though isn’t it that everything on social media is orchestrated nowadays. Everything is fake just to make money. I wish it would all collapse around them so they’d duck off
I honestly really miss when Instagram was just a bit of fun and see what your mates were up to. No “trending” fashion or makeup being shoved down your throat, no “influencers” making a living covertly selling you crap while pretending to be your bestie. No super curated images and videos. You’d just snap a blurry pic on an earlier iPhone model and made slap on a pre-made filter and that’d be it.

Influencers really are total leeches who don’t offer much of positive value to the world. They are largely hugely narcissistic and em is no exception. They aren’t people we should be taking advice from, but they position themselves as advice givers.

Em rants about how photoshop can be used to cover physical blemishes etc etc. and seems wholly unaware of the hypocrisy or irony as somehow who puts on a total front for social media, who curates a presence there with management to assist.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I honestly really miss when Instagram was just a bit of fun and see what your mates were up to. No “trending” fashion or makeup being shoved down your throat, no “influencers” making a living covertly selling you crap while pretending to be your bestie. No super curated images and videos. You’d just snap a blurry pic on an earlier iPhone model and made slap on a pre-made filter and that’d be it.

Influencers really are total leeches who don’t offer much of positive value to the world. They are largely hugely narcissistic and em is no exception. They aren’t people we should be taking advice from, but they position themselves as advice givers.

Em rants about how photoshop can be used to cover physical blemishes etc etc. and seems wholly unaware of the hypocrisy or irony as somehow who puts on a total front for social media, who curates a presence there with management to assist.
taking huge pride in sharing unedited "real" photos and documenting all the "realistic" moments of her pregnancy not just the highlight reel, yet her entire feed is manufactured content, all planned to ensure maximum engagement, even down to the time she posts etc. it's all so fake, despite how she portrays it all as spontaneous and candid. i also miss the old days of IG, when it was just a place to share photos, not all the ads and influenzas making a "career" out of posting on SM, all edited vs unedited photos, and creating perfected "insta worthy" content showing off expensive holidays and clothes and purchases, with a focus on engagement tactics to increase your audience and manipulating #aff links and making money. and having kids/buying puppies to exploit for the sake of content. 🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
taking huge pride in sharing unedited "real" photos and documenting all the "realistic" moments of her pregnancy not just the highlight reel, yet her entire feed is manufactured content, all planned to ensure maximum engagement, even down to the time she posts etc. it's all so fake, despite how she portrays it all as spontaneous and candid. i also miss the old days of IG, when it was just a place to share photos, not all the ads and influenzas making a "career" out of posting on SM, all edited vs unedited photos, and creating perfected "insta worthy" content showing off expensive holidays and clothes and purchases, with a focus on engagement tactics to increase your audience and manipulating #aff links and making money. and having kids/buying puppies to exploit for the sake of content. 🙄🙄
agree totally.

isn’t posting a question in the hopes that getting responses will boost your engagement, just as fake and disingenuous as putting a filter on to make your skin look a little nicer?

they are both damaging in different ways. Both are awful IMO. I don’t understand how Em can deluded herself into thinking she’s any better than someone who photoshops their pictures and pretends they haven’t. Maybe that’s why she is so vocal and openly critical of it, as a type of divergent tactic.

• Heart
OK- credit where its due. Unlike many other influenzers, she has kept baby/herself off sm
yeah, agreed. although i don't doubt that she will be exploiting her daughter for content in the near future, sharing her birth story and loads of newborn photos etc, it is refreshing to note an influencer actually taking time away from social media to focus on their newborn, and relish those first few weeks. 👌🏻

Reactions: 7
I mean, she posted herself and the baby less than a week ago lol
sure, but in comparison to most other "influencer" mothers, their baby is plastered all over social media since the moment they are born, with multiple photos shared each day. comparatively, Em hasn't posted much, and seems to be actually taking some time away from IG to spend time with her newborn baby, which seems quite a rarity! that said, i have no doubt that the moment she returns to regular posting, her daughter will be fully exploited, and loads of photos of her first few weeks will be shared, but it's refreshing to note that she isn't documenting those first few weeks in real-time. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 5
sure, but in comparison to most other "influencer" mothers, their baby is plastered all over social media since the moment they are born, with multiple photos shared each day. comparatively, Em hasn't posted much, and seems to be actually taking some time away from IG to spend time with her newborn baby, which seems quite a rarity! that said, i have no doubt that the moment she returns to regular posting, her daughter will be fully exploited, and loads of photos of her first few weeks will be shared, but it's refreshing to note that she isn't documenting those first few weeks in real-time. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've no doubt she's saving them up ready for when she announces her return and then it will be weeks long bore fest of every windy smile and throw up...she did it with her wedding!

No one is interested in seeing 300 pictures of someone else's child!!

Reactions: 4
tbh, I think just because she isn’t posting real time doesn’t mean she isn’t stockpiling, like another tattler said.

I’ve noticed a lot of influencers will do this - go on a “break” from social media for attention and not post for a while, but the whole time they’ll be taking photos and making content ready for their grand entrance back on the gram.

I fully expect Em to do what she did with her wedding - go quiet but then post all the stuff she recorded whilst “off”

• Heart
Reactions: 8
tbh, I think just because she isn’t posting real time doesn’t mean she isn’t stockpiling, like another tattler said.

I’ve noticed a lot of influencers will do this - go on a “break” from social media for attention and not post for a while, but the whole time they’ll be taking photos and making content ready for their grand entrance back on the gram.

I fully expect Em to do what she did with her wedding - go quiet but then post all the stuff she recorded whilst “off”
yeah, as i said, i have absolutely no doubt that she will return with endless photos and reels of her daughter's first few weeks, so her "break" absolutely doesn't mean she isn't taking endless photos and creating content behind the scenes. it's more that i didn't expect her to have any type of break, and that she would be sharing photos immediately - but i totally agree she will be storing them up to share upon her return, likely with a load of ads featuring her baby as a prop! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 4
Seems she’s keeping baby’s identity secret for now. Hopefully it stays that way and she won’t be showing her daughters face all over social media. Although saying that all babies look the same to me 😂

Seems she’s keeping baby’s identity secret for now. Hopefully it stays that way and she won’t be showing her daughters face all over social media. Although saying that all babies look the same to me 😂
I think this would be very wise especially as her father is disliked by so many.

Reactions: 2
Taking a break but still has to check in every week to reiterate how much of a BUBBLE she's in and also to keep that engagement up of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.