Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Esme

VIP Member
I’ve just seen her grid post…what the f is up with her face? Has she had something done? She looks really strange, unless it’s a filter? Her skin looks like plastic.

Reactions: 1

cee-bee

VIP Member
I think you’re thinking too deeply about this
I’m explaining why I think it’s a bit narcy.

It’s not something I’ve come up with - as a phenomenon it trends a lot in sociological/anthropological/academic discussion.

Fourquet and Manternach (2019) have called the phenomenon a rise of “mass narcissism”

when a celeb names their kid a dumb or “different name” (think Apple and Gwen Paltrow) it’s the archetypal example of narcissism. Google it and a TON of academic papers and news articles will come up on it.

Clare

VIP Member
Not to mention that a pregnant woman with HG in a ‘normal’ job wouldn’t have had the luxury of just deciding not to work with no consequence because they were feeling rough, they’d have had to continue going to work or had a level of absence that would have exhausted company sick pay at most organisations that offer it, and potentially had to start their maternity leave early so spending the first weeks of that time not even with their baby here yet and the timer already ticking down to the unpaid part.
Very good point!

caterday28

Chatty Member
She was the one who actually led me to tattle, she was ranting about it one day. I find her marathon training interesting but she’s a bit ranty
I did realise that there was some irony in making a thread about her! Haha.

In which case is it worth posting it at all. It’s not a small, private account, her words influence, they will create opinion and comment, that’s her whole raison d’être. Hugely personal posts like that maybe just keep to friends/family instead of over sharing?
It's her job? Also she might just want to share because having a baby is a big deal.

also the page 3 stuff above, I don’t agree with it being degrading , you see more on a beach . Boobs do not offend me and if I didn’t wanna look at page three , I wouldn’t buy the paper . The suns page three girls had to have natural boobs and were girl next door with top off . Much more relatable than the insta photoshopped, FaceTuned influencers you see now getting off to Turkey every month for bbls etc .
Just my opinion but , as women we shouldn’t tear someone down for posing with top off . Tits aren’t offensive lol or degrading .
Yeah I agree. And at the end of the day nobody is forcing women to pose naked for Page 3 - they may feel empowered by it or it might just pay their bills. But not everything needs to be degrading against women. Men are sexualised all the time in the media too these days.

It feels similar to something I remember hearing Sandi Toksvig say when she spoke openly about being a feminist yet in the same sentence berated Little Mix for doing shows in clothes that showed their bodies and skin as apparently it shows men are sexualising them - ever thought maybe they want to be sexy? Ever thought maybe women actually like to show their bodies?
And I actually think it is very positive for children and young adults to see women show their bodies in a confident way - we do not need to hide ourselves anymore incase we offend someone. That is want anti feminists want!!

Also it’s so easy to just quickly file past page 3 if it does offend you that much lol

• Heart

Brazenboob

I didn’t say JC was questioning or criticising MM’s behaviour or actions though.
Sorry, it seems you think I was replying to you. My response in reference to questioning behaviours was directed towards Sniffing Eggs... I didn't read your message as you said it was a spiel so I presumed off topic so didn't read it...

Edit to say I don't even know why you're talking about MM in a response to my comment it's just not relevant to my point

cee-bee

VIP Member
How convenient for her that her jaw surgery ended up improving the silhouette of her face 🤫
only marginally… I know it’s mean to comment on someone’s appearance but I can’t help but find her a throughly unattractive person, based on her persona and looks

jofluff

No my friend had just been commenting on here. At no point had she commented on any of Emilys instagram posts or sent her a private dm.

Emily sent my friend 2 dms via Instagram and then after that she got the really nasty messages from her friends along side numerous friends requests, one of them being from Emily's mum!!! The messages my friend was sent were soo upsetting for her safety and her families she deleted all her sm...they were that bad. Emily should be ashamed of herself. She's a two faced vile human being, who lies and twists the narrative to suit herself and to pretend to be something she isn't!
What sort of things did she message your friend saying ?!

cee-bee

VIP Member
I completely respect all your opinions on p3 , I just feel we shouldn’t demonise women for posing top less and monetising off it . The sport is more explicit and I just don’t buy it , it’s not aimed at me lol With the sun the girls were unedited back in the day and boobs were natural , I remember seeing a model with stretch marks on her hip and was like wow I have them too . Rather than the airbrushed pics of celebs at the time , now Instagram models editing their pics . Boobs are fabulous , there was a good range of small boobs and big boobs , they also had a plus size page three called Lucy vixen who looked amazing and v popular with fans etc .
I test shot for page three myself , I felt safe and I never once felt pressured . They used to operate a “woman only” closed set and no men allowed . I didn’t make the cut but I found the whole experience to be empowering and liberating . But that’s just my opinion , I’m sure it would be others worst nightmare lol

I agree that you cannot be a feminist in being pro woman in one sentence and in the next , bashing other women’s career or appearance choices . Men are gonna sexualise women whether clothes are on or off . I’ve never felt vulnerable on a photoshoot but I’ve felt scared for my life in public being cat called or followed when I’m fully clothed in public etc

we need to look at the misogyny of men here rather than bash women . However ,every single person is entitled to their opinion and that’s why I bloody love tattle ❤
no one is basing or criticising the page 3 models though