Emily Clarkson (em_clarkson)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like Em’s dress 😳 agree the hair and shoes aren’t great.

I really hate the ‘rebrand’ for the podcast. What do they think they look like?!
The dress looks terrible around her neck, like a 90s choker!

Same for Em. Lots of talented authors struggle to get published because of lack of “audience” (read: insta following). The ones that do manage to get published tend to come from oxbridge type unis (think Sally Rooney, who went to Trinity and who had her books picked up without even trying too hard). JK struggled in the 90s to get published - nowadays she almost certainly wouldn’t be.

But Em? Somehow managed to get two books published pre-Instagram account in her early 20s. This is all despite not having any big platform or any real experience in writing or having a literary education.

I posted a little while back an article in which Jeremy Clarkson is practically bragging about nepotism. I’d bet my life on him having pulled strings for his kids.

It’s not their fault for being born to wealth and privilege but it is a lack of character when they just accept and coast along on that privilege while pretending it doesn’t exist.
Her books were definitely not pre Insta

Reactions: 2
Same for Em. Lots of talented authors struggle to get published because of lack of “audience” (read: insta following). The ones that do manage to get published tend to come from oxbridge type unis (think Sally Rooney, who went to Trinity and who had her books picked up without even trying too hard). JK struggled in the 90s to get published - nowadays she almost certainly wouldn’t be.

But Em? Somehow managed to get two books published pre-Instagram account in her early 20s. This is all despite not having any big platform or any real experience in writing or having a literary education.

I posted a little while back an article in which Jeremy Clarkson is practically bragging about nepotism. I’d bet my life on him having pulled strings for his kids.

It’s not their fault for being born to wealth and privilege but it is a lack of character when they just accept and coast along on that privilege while pretending it doesn’t exist.
Alex light has a book coming out soon too ..says it all really doesn't it .... Nothing dizzy or daft about miss silly me here's another typo!

Reactions: 7
Anyone else think she's great? She's upbeat and genuine, and uses her platform for a lot of good (e.g. body positivity, women's rights). She's the daughter of Jeremy Clarkson but seems to have gained a following beyond this.
The acceptable face of Clarkson-ism?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The daily Mail writing a glowing review of Em’s wedding - wonder it she’ll go on a weird rant again about how sexist it is that she’s been reduced to her wedding and how she’s just a silly little woman who’s been planning her wedding - or does it only apply when it’s criticsm of her?

Reactions: 10
The daily Mail writing a glowing review of Em’s wedding - wonder it she’ll go on a weird rant again about how sexist it is that she’s been reduced to her wedding and how she’s just a silly little woman who’s been planning her wedding - or does it only apply when it’s criticsm of her?
Most likely after she has finished posting 5342 wedding pics on SM! She's actually on her honeymoon ( we won't mention the fact she's literally just come back off a holiday abroad 🙄) find it really sad that she's still on her phone posting to strangers who really don't give 2 shits about her wedding dress from a 1000 different angles !

Reactions: 8
Oh god he gives me the ick so badly, and I’m getting weird vibes off him but don’t know why? Like if he was at a house party you were at he’d be simultaneously super boring but also making your internal warning alarm go off that he wasn’t someone you could trust.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I unfollowed her again before the wedding. I want to like her but I just cant warm to her. I find her... a little exhausting tbh. I followed her for about a year and she definitely changed recently... alot!

Reactions: 11
I unfollowed her again before the wedding. I want to like her but I just cant warm to her. I find her... a little exhausting tbh. I followed her for about a year and she definitely changed recently... alot!
Her latest post saying she won't be doing the FGF thing...I'm not sure if it's pure arrogance or just these need to say something to garner attention ?

So clearly the important part of FGF is her dancing around like a over excited toddler not all the messages people send in... so she can't post the happy messages without her being on every one of them? Wow! OK!

Her latest post saying she won't be doing the FGF thing...I'm not sure if it's pure arrogance or just these need to say something to garner attention ?

So clearly the important part of FGF is her dancing around like a over excited toddler not all the messages people send in... so she can't post the happy messages without her being on every one of them? Wow! OK!
I don’t think it’s unreasonable not to put time into something you see as part of your job while you’re on your honeymoon. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point we get a flurry of pics with an ad conveniently plopped into the middle.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think it’s unreasonable not to put time into something you see as part of your job while you’re on your honeymoon. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point we get a flurry of pics with an ad conveniently plopped into the middle.
I don't disagree but she is posting so I don't think anyone would object to just reading the Happy messages without her frantic dancing attached...especially as most of the messages are relevant to now/ this week not in 2 weeks time!

Reactions: 3
Agreed I unfollowed her a while ago and honestly my Instagram is now a much more relaxing place. I didn’t realise how stressful her stories actually are until I stopped watching

Agreed I unfollowed her a while ago and honestly my Instagram is now a much more relaxing place. I didn’t realise how stressful her stories actually are until I stopped watching
Same. I’m in my forties and I don’t want to watch her grow up through my phone. It’s literally exhausting. Same with that Alex bird. I did all that shouting about the unfairness of life in my twenties and I can’t be arsed now. Bored of it.

She is allowed a break, sharing them would still take her time. Time that she should be spending with her husband not her phone. She’s on her honeymoon and looks incredibly happy in her wedding photos. Now I don’t agree with everyone she puts and she can sometimes come across as a little bit of an arrogant twit as long as she doesn’t post any adverts while she is on her honeymoon I think being selfish and not posting other peoples joy is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

• Sick
She is allowed a break, sharing them would still take her time. Time that she should be spending with her husband not her phone. She’s on her honeymoon and looks incredibly happy in her wedding photos. Now I don’t agree with everyone she puts and she can sometimes come across as a little bit of an arrogant twit as long as she doesn’t post any adverts while she is on her honeymoon I think being selfish and not posting other peoples joy is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.
But she is on her phone! She's been putting up posts of the books she's reading plus most days pictures from her wedding tagging all the different companies she used... we will have to agree to disagree!

• Heart
Same. I liked her when I first started following her but recently every time I watched her stories I’d find myself thinking “oh duck off you out of touch woman” or “please stop dancing and shouting”. My insta is much calmer now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.