Emily Canham #8 she has the personality of a really really thin.. cucumber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing I struggle with most with Emily is we’ve been here before.

We’ve had the mental health ‘I’m not ok’ video where she sits in front of the camera and explains the issues she’s going through and how it doesn’t feel right to pretend life is normal.

And then a week later, we get the usual barrage of tit videos return, the hauls, and you guessed it... pretending (thus advertising) life is fine and happy again.

At best, it’s laughable how disingenuous she is surrounding health and mental well-being, and at worst for young influential followers, it’s damaging to have that kind of timeframe laid out to you - that she hit ‘the lowest of low’ yet a week later is back pushing ads for overpriced crap to fund her daily Starbucks addition during lockdown.

Emily, you’re feeling low? I’ve got an idea - why not actually explore and document this like you do the vapid and empty aspects of your materialistic life? Your mum is a frickin therapist and you could be sat on a goldmine of content if you actually tapped in to a series exploring this and highlighting mental well-being to an audience who are likely feeling more alone and scared to reach out than ever before.

Could it be because 95% of what you’re telling us is bullshit and you don’t actually want to be known for anything other than pointless hauls and paid for ads? I couldn’t possibly comment but can’t wait for next weeks inevitable starbucks run, ASOS haul and Dream Lengths insta post...

Reactions: 20
The thing I struggle with most with Emily is we’ve been here before.

We’ve had the mental health ‘I’m not ok’ video where she sits in front of the camera and explains the issues she’s going through and how it doesn’t feel right to pretend life is normal.

And then a week later, we get the usual barrage of tit videos return, the hauls, and you guessed it... pretending (thus advertising) life is fine and happy again.

At best, it’s laughable how disingenuous she is surrounding health and mental well-being, and at worst for young influential followers, it’s damaging to have that kind of timeframe laid out to you - that she hit ‘the lowest of low’ yet a week later is back pushing ads for overpriced crap to fund her daily Starbucks addition during lockdown.

Emily, you’re feeling low? I’ve got an idea - why not actually explore and document this like you do the vapid and empty aspects of your materialistic life? Your mum is a frickin therapist and you could be sat on a goldmine of content if you actually tapped in to a series exploring this and highlighting mental well-being to an audience who are likely feeling more alone and scared to reach out than ever before.

Could it be because 95% of what you’re telling us is bullshit and you don’t actually want to be known for anything other than pointless hauls and paid for ads? I couldn’t possibly comment but can’t wait for next weeks inevitable starbucks run, ASOS haul and Dream Lengths insta post...
Don't feel bad if you don't feel sorry for her, she is very privileged and if she has actual mental health issues she has the resources to get professional help, not just money but her mum works in the health sector.

She has an empty life and thinks that happiness depends on how tall she is how small her waist is and how she looks.

I think she posts certain videos to seem relatable when she isn't. She is vapid.

She made no content during the first lockdown. If I was an influencer I would have adequate videos about free online courses you can do, my boyfriend teaches me how to play guitar/piano, she could have started an online book club or a TV show/netflix review or discussion channel. I've seen influecners doing live streams in YouTube and Instagram interacting with followers. She could have done a bake along with me or even properly decluttered her closets and make up.

Reactions: 6
I’m not surprised that we’re seeing an increasing trend of ‘influencers’ struggling with their mental health - especially with lockdown.
I remember my final few years at school and all I wanted was to stay home, in a little bubble, away from the world - and I’d have loved the idea of becoming an ‘influencer’ or not having to work. Not having to go out to work everyday, having free things sent to me etc etc.
but, unfortunately - in the real world you realise that just isn’t going to cut it - so, I took myself off to college etc and went to uni - it was bloody tough on my mental health but I look back and I think - thank god I’ve done it. I genuinely don’t think I’d cope with no routine like these influencers have. They don’t get that ‘friday feeling’ some of us can get from a job - or even rushing back to tell our colleagues about our annual leave. I actually feel sorry for a lot of these influencers. I hope all the materialistic things are worth it and that they don’t look back and regret it.
my biggest advice to Emily? Open your eyes firstly to James and how unhappy that’s making you but mainly - Find something to ‘train in’ whether it be interior design or a little yoga course. Find an actual career that forces you to get up, out of bed, provide and feel amazing for when a tough day is done. None of this pretending to wake early and shutting down the computer at 5pm like all these influencers say they do. They are so detached from reality that they’re feeling lower and lower.

Reactions: 12
I like the way that a few people in here have come up with content for her that would be WAY more interesting than what she's doing now just from taking the first ideas that come into their head within a couple of minutes. I don't understand why she's still doing hauls, makeup etc when she has nowhere to go. Of course that's OK occasionally but in my opinion nobody wants to see those sorts of videos ALL the time at the moment because that's just not the world we live in right now. I've been enjoying watching people vlog, bake, put on makeup "just because" (but it feels different when Emily does it - like she's trying to constantly sell you an idea?), workout at home, go for walks, cook, reorganise.

I think she's too dense to realise that you need to need to adapt and overcome in times like this, but I guess she's never had to do that

Reactions: 6
She talked about feeling so tired after a.morning spin session or workout etc she needed a nap. I dunno if a post workout meal or smoothie might of helped matters?

She.talks about depression, without saying the word. My life isn't the same, no holidaying, no one admiring me at pointless events. Hmmm,working in an office, as a courier, or at Starbucks might not.shockingly have been many of her viewers first choice of a life either but can they talk about 'my life isn't what i thought so i need a nap"

She seemed lonely in la following james around waiting for him to be bored enough to spend a bit of time with her too. It's not where you are Emily that's causing the boredom and loneliness.

The whole set up was too curated and perfect too. She also seemed to be pulling phrases out of the air that she no doubt hears her therapist mom use on the regular.

Reactions: 8
so trump is lifting the travel ban from the I’m, will she be going to LA??
Nope, Biden is being sworn in on Wednesday so it’s likely he’s gonna change it, also to leave the UK now you have to apply to the government as they’ve shut the travel corridors, she doesn’t have special considerations? James can’t come back either really so it’ll be almost a year since they physically saw each other but the time there’s any prospect of travelling

Reactions: 3
So watching her new video and I have a couple of thoughts. So she talks about the sleep thing and how this all started in October. So she was going to bed at 7pm at night and not getting up until late the next morning. Pretty sure I watched plenty of vlogs where she was blogging at midnight or 11pm. She also got up mega early to go to Bicester and did she not also have a barre class early one morning?

Secondly, she says the incident with her mum was 2 weeks ago when she brought Cody upstairs. She was at that point in a “scary” place according to her but 2 weeks later she’s over it and feels comfortable enough to talk about it? I understand MH is different for everyone but I personally have never within 2 weeks been fine and comfortable sharing. I work in MH and have also never had anyone else be in that place so quickly either. Casts some doubts on her claims. I don’t think she’s being completely false in how she says she feels, everyone is struggling just now but like most things with Emily I think she’s exaggerating it.

Reactions: 16
So watching her new video and I have a couple of thoughts. So she talks about the sleep thing and how this all started in October. So she was going to bed at 7pm at night and not getting up until late the next morning. Pretty sure I watched plenty of vlogs where she was blogging at midnight or 11pm. She also got up mega early to go to Bicester and did she not also have a barre class early one morning?

Secondly, she says the incident with her mum was 2 weeks ago when she brought Cody upstairs. She was at that point in a “scary” place according to her but 2 weeks later she’s over it and feels comfortable enough to talk about it? I understand MH is different for everyone but I personally have never within 2 weeks been fine and comfortable sharing. I work in MH and have also never had anyone else be in that place so quickly either. Casts some doubts on her claims. I don’t think she’s being completely false in how she says she feels, everyone is struggling just now but like most things with Emily I think she’s exaggerating it.
This is exactly how I feel too - she has uploaded many videos (a lot of them through vlogmas I think?) where she clearly is not behaving as she's claiming she has done throughout this time. Many vlogs she's been up until past midnight. It's the blatant lying that I can't stand - if you're going to lie, at least try to make it believable?

Reactions: 7
This is exactly how I feel too - she has uploaded many videos (a lot of them through vlogmas I think?) where she clearly is not behaving as she's claiming she has done throughout this time. Many vlogs she's been up until past midnight. It's the blatant lying that I can't stand - if you're going to lie, at least try to make it believable?
It’s all just a cover up for James, if she was honest she would have said, I’m struggling moving back into my parents home, I’ve had to almost go back to how it was a couple of years ago (with jake) where my parents are always in, I can’t see my boyfriends and my relationship is suffering as a result of the pandemic, most people would find that relatable, but again Emlie can’t be real or honest she has to have a filtered version of what she’s even talking about

Reactions: 12
I feel like she thinks all the types of ideas on here are below her. She’s going for the big brand deals and wants to be more than just a Youtuber I feel, I think she cares very little about Youtube it was always just her “in” for the likes of L’oréal. I would love to see her be in line with sophdoeslife, Sophie Louise, Jazzybum etc but that kind of channel doesn’t come with the huge deals she wants - sophdoeslife’s done the best out of them but Revolution and SkinnyDip are just a drop in the ocean to Emily who sees herself, wrongly, as above them. But to be honest, I feel like maybe she’s dug herself too big of a hole to get out of - I love make up testing videos for example but I wouldn’t trust Emily’s opinion now because she’d just big up the expensive brands she wants to work with. She needs to pull something out of the bag and quick because she’s already becoming a bit of a has-been...

Reactions: 10
It’s all just a cover up for James, if she was honest she would have said, I’m struggling moving back into my parents home, I’ve had to almost go back to how it was a couple of years ago (with jake) where my parents are always in, I can’t see my boyfriends and my relationship is suffering as a result of the pandemic, most people would find that relatable, but again Emlie can’t be real or honest she has to have a filtered version of what she’s even talking about
I don’t think she will ever be honest about her relationship with James. She’s been in the press because of her relationship with him and everyone knows she’s with a celebrity. I doubt she will give up the illusion of a perfect life. If I were in her position I would have dumped his ass a long time ago. Their relationship lacks any chemistry at all, when he’s in her vlogs it just seems like she’s still his fan girl and he would rather be somewhere else. I’ve said it before but how can she go most of the year without having a sexual relationship with her boyfriend?! It’d drive me insane 😂😬

Reactions: 7
The baking thing really annoys me with her. She never does baking videos, or IGTVs or reels and yet she's "working" on a recipe book and will fully expect people to buy it without building it up on her channels.

Reactions: 9
I’ve said it before but how can she go most of the year without having a sexual relationship with her boyfriend?! It’d drive me insane 😂😬
I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend (he's in the UK and I'm from the US) and thanks to covid we haven't seen each other since February 2020. Can confirm the lack of sex sucks 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend (he's in the UK and I'm from the US) and thanks to covid we haven't seen each other since February 2020. Can confirm the lack of sex sucks 😂

This is the thing - I don't understand why she cannot make videos regarding her long-distance relationship. I'm not saying she has to overshare or go into a lot of detail, but it's a potential topic that her viewers would enjoy/benefit from. Normalise being in a long distance relationship and just talk about it like a normal person.
It's the fact that she NEVER brings up her long distance relationship that makes me think there is something wrong with her relationship, she feels insecure mentioning it.
Even other Youtubers, who are not in a long distance relationship but let's say haven't seen their partner for a few weeks/months briefly mention "oh yeah I miss so and so, we Facetimed last night blah blah" etc.

Reactions: 17
She likes to brag about James when it suits her. When he's signing her a cringey song for her birthday (who remembers that old video) or when he was playing the big Capital FM gig and she vlogged it. So she can hardly say she always liked to keep things private.

It be hard for her to realise her kid sister has much more personality than her.

Reactions: 19
This is the thing - I don't understand why she cannot make videos regarding her long-distance relationship. I'm not saying she has to overshare or go into a lot of detail, but it's a potential topic that her viewers would enjoy/benefit from. Normalise being in a long distance relationship and just talk about it like a normal person.
It's the fact that she NEVER brings up her long distance relationship that makes me think there is something wrong with her relationship, she feels insecure mentioning it.
Even other Youtubers, who are not in a long distance relationship but let's say haven't seen their partner for a few weeks/months briefly mention "oh yeah I miss so and so, we Facetimed last night blah blah" etc.

This is what I don’t understand...she acts single!! There isn’t a trace of James on her Instagram until you scroll down to September 2019! She makes comments about other guys and she makes herself look available. I genuinely think she just craves being desired by someone and James doesn’t give her the attention she wants 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19
This is what I don’t understand...she acts single!! There isn’t a trace of James on her Instagram until you scroll down to September 2019! She makes comments about other guys and she makes herself look available. I genuinely think she just craves being desired by someone and James doesn’t give her the attention she wants 🤷🏻‍♀️
She just looks desperate and ridiculous. If my partner was acting as single as she is acting, I would MAKE them single :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14
We all know the relationship is all but over but by not admitting it she gets to say she had a relationship with a popstar for a year longer than she actually did

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.