Emily Canham #8 she has the personality of a really really thin.. cucumber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t really feel for her. The first time she mentioned the “situation” with her flat, she said some guy was stalking her - and I tend to take that with a pinch of salt because a lot of influencers throw that word around when it’s actually something very serious. Now it’s that her flat number got leaked. I don’t doubt her mental health was suffering which led her to make the decision to move home but I think it was more the thought of being in lockdown/a high tier whilst living alone. I know she acknowledged how other people have real problems and hers are more kind of first world, but I think she does just need to get a grip. Like her, and a lot of people, I moved out of London back home, but I’m seeing it as an opportunity I’m grateful for rather than crying about how “different my life looks”. I just think she felt down in the dumps and couldn’t be bothered to film. She doesn’t have many original ideas. She probably sees YouTube as more of a chore now. The one thing in life that gives her happiness is dressing up and going out and being “thin and attractive” and now she can’t do that, her life has lost all meaning. She needs to get some hobbies, and stop being fake on her YouTube as she admitted. I don’t even think she’s being fake, I just truly think she doesn’t really have a personality - a lot of people who get by on looks think that is enough. I did notice she was wearing a different necklace and not her “J” one...

Reactions: 16
Some thoughts...

I find it really hard to take her seriously when she said that she was basically being stalked because she is known to be a liar. She also claimed that she had a "stalker" back in a video in 2018. The building she lived in looks very fancy, so I would imagine that they would have good security and would take something like that very serious. She also did go back and live there between July and September. I dunno, the whole thing kinda feels like she was telling people (James) that she felt unsafe there in the hopes he'd move in/she could move to LA pre pandemic.

IF it is true and her safety was compromised James is literally the worst human for just leaving her there on her own. I don't care what "reasons" he had for being back in LA, it's a crappy thing to do to someone you're in a long term relationship with. James obviously made the choice between Emily and his life in LA, I don't get why they're both holding on when it's just not working. And I do think that they are still somewhat together, she'd be using the breakup as content otherwise because she has no other ideas.

And I agree with the above; James is the elephant in the room. It's so weird how she won't even mention that it's hard that she hasn't seen her boyfriend in 6 months due to the pandemic.

Reactions: 21
I dont think james is the bad guy she is making it seem he is. In his latest article he said he loves his gf emily. I think emily plays a lot of games.. lets be honest she flirts with adam, puts posts up about other boys, puts veiled digs on her insta. We havent seen james do any of that.

Reactions: 12
I feel slightly bad for her. Must be really hard to move home when you feel lost. I’ve had a similar situation, but I was older than her, of moving home. It was tough mentally.
but I think (noone at me for this haha), she can bring things on to herself. She’s not got a stable relationship , no matter what she thinks, it’s not a very normal relationship for a 22 year old or however old she is, she doesn’t seem to have any proper stable friends, she’s lost her way with YouTube and hasn’t made a direction for herself.
I agree with what someone said about her getting a proper education. I bet she’d thrive! YouTube won’t last forever and neither will her looks (which seem to be her “thing”). Then what?
This girl needs to go back to education, make some proper friends and get herself a normal boyfriend she can see on the weekends. Living a normal 20 something life would suit her.
Maybe I’m being harsh 😂
Yes! There's a lot of American youtubers I watch who just lead normal lives, they go to university, have normal non-youtube friends and boyfriend, and actually seem to have a normal life outside of youtube, Emily is obsessed with being famous, I dont think shed want to do anything where she could be seen as not famous, like she basically gave up everything in her life for this when she was like 17 and vlogging with Jake, dropped out of school, moved out, dumped her friends and played house. Now Jake has moved on and she is alone still trying with all she can to be famous .

It just seems really really sad to me that she has no other interest, no university, no friends, no love life, no life aside from wanting to be a model/famous. I dont even think she enjoys seeing her family because its not for her "image"

I felt like the whole way through she had this whole facade going on. ‘Uh what an angel’ when talking about her mum bringing her a cup of tea. I really do appreciate that everyone is entitled to have struggles no matter how well off you are but she has also continued with everything. She spent the first lockdown in Cornwall, I spent it working in a hospital. She has been able to move back in with her family, I had to move out of my home so I didn’t put others at risk during the first lockdown and haven’t been back home to see my whole family since Feb because they live 4 hours away. She has been on trips to the family holiday home in Norfolk, I went to Asda this morning because I was tired of going to the same Sainsbury’s. She went on multiple trips to London, I haven’t seen my local city centre never mind a different one. My mental health has suffered massively this year and that is not only because of the stress at work but also the sacrifices I have choose to make to try and help people. It doesn’t seem like she has made many real sacrifices to try and help so I am trying to work about why the pandemic caused her mental health to suffer so greatly. Yes everyone’s mental health has been affected because of the situation but I struggle to see why we are supposed to feel sorry for how badly it has affected her life.
I think the pandemic has affected her mental health SO much because she cant just fly on a plane and follow (stalk) James to LA like she always does 😂 Really, basically all her content pre covid was her at home, aside from a few premiere's she went to looking sad and lonely, she's never really been one to do anything,.

Some thoughts...

I find it really hard to take her seriously when she said that she was basically being stalked because she is known to be a liar. She also claimed that she had a "stalker" back in a video in 2018. The building she lived in looks very fancy, so I would imagine that they would have good security and would take something like that very serious. She also did go back and live there between July and September. I dunno, the whole thing kinda feels like she was telling people (James) that she felt unsafe there in the hopes he'd move in/she could move to LA pre pandemic.

IF it is true and her safety was compromised James is literally the worst human for just leaving her there on her own. I don't care what "reasons" he had for being back in LA, it's a crappy thing to do to someone you're in a long term relationship with. James obviously made the choice between Emily and his life in LA, I don't get why they're both holding on when it's just not working. And I do think that they are still somewhat together, she'd be using the breakup as content otherwise because she has no other ideas.

And I agree with the above; James is the elephant in the room. It's so weird how she won't even mention that it's hard that she hasn't seen her boyfriend in 6 months due to the pandemic.
Yup, its VERY weird that she barely ever mentions him unless she is specifically mentioning him, I mean like off-handed comments, "oh and its very hard only seeing James on facetime" or something... nothing, which makes me think even worse of their relationship, I think she knows its tit and just avoids the topic at all times and I think James hasn't done crappy stuff publicly cause he's a bit smarter than that, I mean usually when theres a 40 year old and a 22 year old dating, the 40 year old is the manipulative one, even if he seems to be goofy or harmless or whatever, there is a HUGE imbalance of power there that has to be addressed for a healthy age-gap relationship, and I dont think theres is

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She really is so out of touch with the real world!! That video is the biggest load of twaddle I've ever heard.

Reactions: 8
I dont think james is the bad guy she is making it seem he is. In his latest article he said he loves his gf emily. I think emily plays a lot of games.. lets be honest she flirts with adam, puts posts up about other boys, puts veiled digs on her insta. We havent seen james do any of that.
I think that’s his way of trying to show her he cares or it’s for show, I think he is a weirdo because he constantly has a chain of younger girls as a semi revolving door, I think when they both got into the relationship it was under very different terms to what’s happening now, James is very juvenile, he seems to have a problem with ever taking the next steps and Emily is obsessed with that, they’ve shared really little about their relationship so we don’t really know much about it, I don’t think he’s being the kindest in world and I do agree she is probably hyping some things up to get people talking because she’s that crafty, like taking the J necklace off, but there is something going on, Sophie’s shade show that. I think emilys problem is she wants her life to be perfect and she thought James was the ticket to fame but he’s never been interested in that. I think she’s young and stupid, we have no idea if he instantly responds when she’s doing it or if he doesn’t even care (I would assume it’s the latter) I think they’d still be rocky even if there wasn’t a pandemic.

Reactions: 4
I dunno, the whole thing kinda feels like she was telling people (James) that she felt unsafe there in the hopes he'd move in/she could move to LA pre pandemic.
I can totally see this being the truth of the matter.

I have no doubt that her address leaked online - I mean it wasn't hard to work out where she lived - but other than someone perhaps turning up outside her block of flats (which isn't okay), I think we do need to take this stalking claim with a pinch of salt.

I can imagine Em blowing this up to be worse than it was to gain sympathy from family, friends, James and [now] her followers. She is incredibly dramatic and woe is me a lot of the time, which can be draining for other people - I wonder if James saw through this and that's why he left for LA despite Em's 'crazy stalker'. As much as we hate on James, I just don't see him leaving Em behind if her safety was genuinely compromised.

Also, as awful as this sounds, Em is very self-obsessed and likes to be desired and adored (e.g Adam!). I honestly wouldn't be surprised if her stalker was made-up to inflate her ego even further - the whole 'I'm so desirable, people totally lose their tit and become obsessed with me' attitude.*

*Stalking is serious and can have devastating consequences for a victim, please do not misconstrue my comment as undermining this issue or being flippant - I just cannot take EmiLIE seriously.

Reactions: 2
I do really feel for people who struggle with mental health but I feel like that video was just her rambling on but not really saying a fat lot.

I hate to be bitchy but I can’t help but feel that she’s struggled the past year because she hasn’t been able to have the escapism of going on holiday about 10 times a year. She’s had to live in the real world where money is tight and she has to stay at home. I also think that when she was in Cornwall with James, she assumed they would move in together for the rest of the year but as soon as he was able to travel, he was back in LA. She needs someone like Jake who worshiped her and was always putting her first. James seems emotionally inept so I don’t understand why she doesn’t cut her losses with him and move on with someone more suited to her. She can’t be happy with not having that physical side of a relationship for most of the year...surely?! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hey 🙋🏼‍♀️ Newbie to this thread. I’ve been subscribed to Emily for a good few years now and go through phases of watching her videos but have never heard of any scandals she may have been in as I don’t follow her on Instagram or anything I just enjoy some of her videos. I know she has a boyfriend but that’s about it, could someone fill me in on what you all mean by she throws digs at him etc. I watched her we need to start again video and realised that 4 minutes into the video she had already put 4 ads in, which seams like a lot for one video let alone 4 minutes into one, but I’m not too sure I don’t want to judge, we all need to make money how and if it’s not a sponsored video I guess that’s what she has to do, I don’t want to judge her too harshly. In conclusion I’m just wanting to know what her scandals might have been what kind of person she is etc :)

Reactions: 2
Hey 🙋🏼‍♀️ Newbie to this thread. I’ve been subscribed to Emily for a good few years now and go through phases of watching her videos but have never heard of any scandals she may have been in as I don’t follow her on Instagram or anything I just enjoy some of her videos. I know she has a boyfriend but that’s about it, could someone fill me in on what you all mean by she throws digs at him etc. I watched her we need to start again video and realised that 4 minutes into the video she had already put 4 ads in, which seams like a lot for one video let alone 4 minutes into one, but I’m not too sure I don’t want to judge, we all need to make money how and if it’s not a sponsored video I guess that’s what she has to do, I don’t want to judge her too harshly. In conclusion I’m just wanting to know what her scandals might have been what kind of person she is etc :)
Yeah ads on a video wanting to be open and update her fans (but still make money off them, obvs!) and the sponsored phone strategically placed in the background

Reactions: 3
Im confused she said it would be disingenuous of her to post 2021 videos like everything is normal... okay so is she implying that for her everything is normal and she just doesnt want us to see it at the fear of being slated... that sounds pretty disingenuous to me
pretty sure she means she doesn't want to make videos pretending to be happy and that life is great when its clearly not

Check out this girl, Kate Ramsay, post videos 4 times a week and has a 40 hour job on top of that plus she is planning her wedding (she just graduated her university a month ago, where she was working part time too)... but Emily can't even post 1 video a week. Sometimes when I see people like Kate I wonder how boring Emily's life must be

Mckenzie Morgan, also goes to university full time, runs a fashion blog, & does Emily's job better, she posts a new video almost every day.

Im sorry but how can Emily not have a dull life when she does NOTHING, this is not because of the pandemic, thats just her, she thinks anything thats not her going to premiers is beneath her and now literally has developed no personality cause of it. I think it also may be due to her deciding to live full time with Jake at 17 and drop out of school, she hasnt had anything else in her life but youtube for so long she doesnt know how to have any hobbies/interests, and now that shes getting older that may be hitting her in the face, shes dedicated her life to this, and if it doesnt pay off she'll be left high and dry, I wonder how her mom whose a counsellor couldve been happy with her 17 year old daughter doing this, if i did that my mom would tell me to get off my butt and do something more in life just in case, and id be happy for it down the line, being too easy on your kids isnt a kindness necessarily

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I actually felt for her. I live alone and at weekends I lie in bed wondering what the point of event getting up is for. If she has felt this way, she is right for taking time out if she can afford it. I know someone who was very good in their office job, ignored their mental health and just ended up not being able to get up and go to work and ended up losing their job because of their time off (she didn't get sick note from doctors like she should of - she didn't want to face her issues). I think its refreshing to hear someone being open about their struggles. Sometimes people are so fixed on how things appear from the outside and just saying they don't have a right to feel a certain way as their life is easy. Truth is you could have a 'perfect' life but if you are struggling mentally, none of that matters mental health affects all walks of life.

While all the points raised regarding her recent videos are 100% on point and I agree with.

I do wonder if she is using the stalker as a way to justify moving out of london. I wonder if its an exaggeration of the truth.

I think the pandemic has highlighted a lot of things for her. Before she could go out and get her nails done/ barre/ laser hair etc lots of appointments to make her seem busy and like she actually has a life. But with lockdown its shown her that she doesn't actually do anything that adds value to her life and she doesn't have any real friends either. Maybe this is why she is feeling negative.

Also the james situation IS SO WEIRD. I know we dont know everything but from an outsiders perspective its awful. I do feel somewhat sorry for her because if she has expressed the way she feels to James and he has ignored her and stayed in LA thats awful. But what more could she expect from a grown ass man who has some self importance complex.

Theres a quote which I love that we should all remember especially in these times - “we may be all in the same storm but we are not all in the same boat”.

Just wanted to remind all my tattlers to take it easy on yourself and take time for your mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So I've just watched Emily's latest video and I started off feeling sorry for her but if I'm honest it really was short lived. She is trying SO HARD not to sound like a spoilt brat but that is all she sounds like. How is that even possible? She has absolutely no clue how to be anything else! I highly doubt she was being "stalked" - I assume like someone has said further up, someone has turned up which is not OK, but it does sound like everything has been blown out of proportion. She was in a building that was pretty much as secure as they come. You don't recognise your life anymore? Neither does anyone else! The world has changed. OH and if she really is telling the truth and she does have some kind of crazy ass stalker who is making her feel unsafe... imagine that being you and your boyfriend ditches you and leaves for another country in the middle of that. She is really painting her own boyfriend in a really bad light and making him sound like a scumbag for leaving her at such a distressing time for her.

Every time she uploads a video I hope that she's going to show some personality, but I'm still sat here waiting...

Reactions: 5
So I've just watched Emily's latest video and I started off feeling sorry for her but if I'm honest it really was short lived. She is trying SO HARD not to sound like a spoilt brat but that is all she sounds like. How is that even possible? She has absolutely no clue how to be anything else! I highly doubt she was being "stalked" - I assume like someone has said further up, someone has turned up which is not OK, but it does sound like everything has been blown out of proportion. She was in a building that was pretty much as secure as they come. You don't recognise your life anymore? Neither does anyone else! The world has changed. OH and if she really is telling the truth and she does have some kind of crazy ass stalker who is making her feel unsafe... imagine that being you and your boyfriend ditches you and leaves for another country in the middle of that. She is really painting her own boyfriend in a really bad light and making him sound like a scumbag for leaving her at such a distressing time for her.

Every time she uploads a video I hope that she's going to show some personality, but I'm still sat here waiting...
Honestly same here. Waiting for her personality too. Lockdown would have been perfect for her to go back to her roots - test out makeup, do some looks, MESS AROUND. Emily hun, you say you love cooking and baking show us that!! Show us what you love and your personality will develop

If the stalker was a problem you go to the police, you dont tell people you have a stalker in public that was so bad you moved out your flat. Attention seeker

Reactions: 15
If the stalker was a problem you go to the police, you dont tell people you have a stalker in public that was so bad you moved out your flat. Attention seeker
You also would be able to speak about the story in more detail, aka they kept ringing my buzzer or kept asking me at the main desk etc

Reactions: 9
Honestly same here. Waiting for her personality too. Lockdown would have been perfect for her to go back to her roots - test out makeup, do some looks, MESS AROUND. Emily hun, you say you love cooking and baking show us that!! Show us what you love and your personality will develop
I’d love that! She seems to think she’s above it, but I have so much more respect for the likes of sophdoeslife and Jazzybum and they do that sort of thing, are honest and their content is genuine! I love the baking videos Jas does, I wish Emily would take notes

Reactions: 6
Honestly all I’ve got from that video is that if she’s legit and she really feels that way and things have really been that hard, James is a DICK. If your girlfriend felt like that surely you wouldn’t be swanning off and you’d do everything to actually be with her? Maybe that’s what all Sophie’s remarks have been about, if I was her family I’d sure as hell be telling her he’s a dick and to get rid!
The jury is still out on Emily at the min. At times I feel sorry for her and then other times not so much. However, speaking from experience even if her family said they don’t think James is a suitable partner, I don’t think she’d listen to the advise.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.