Emily Canham #6 Busted breaking lockdown law all to get Botox in my “locked” jaw.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t understand why she keeps mentioning her height 😂 it’s not something anyone can control and unless you’re in an audition what’s the relevancy 😂 it’s absurd. Where I’m from her height is the average height for women so I can’t comprehend it
Even in auditions or castings you don’t mention they either measure you or it’s just on your casting card. What’s kind of funny her being 5ft10 would means she’s one of the smallest and if she kept mentioning it one most likely the designer would make an example of her and measure her (most models lie about their height on the card so they just keep their mouth shut) and if she was under 5ft10 (which most runway shows say they want but in reality they want card height being 5ft10+) she would just be asked to leave.

Reactions: 2
Is there an update on the ASA investigation into her?
the hearing is meant to be today but not heard anything yet. The rulings are published every Wednesday so might go tomorrow but probably more likely next week.

I’m not sure anything major will happen but I do think if this happens consistently they will be more severe

Reactions: 3
Out of interest how do people feel the following should be declared by influencers, I've put what I think next to each option:

Paid advert - paid partnership banner on instagram and a #ad in in a post or an "ad" sticker or similar on each story. Also "Ad" at the start of any text under a post. Ad at the start of the title in a YouTube video.
Gifted item/stay - #ad or "ad" sticker on each story alongside something saying it was gifted. AD at the start of any text under a post. Any gifted items should be declared as such for 12 months.
Discount not offered to the general public - I would suggest the words PR discount on a story or at front of text in a post on instagram. Clearly marked on relevant sections in a YouTube video.
Affiliate link - in stories a page before the story with a link saying something like the next story contains an affiliate link, I will earn commission from this link of you buy anything from the company's website with the next 30 days (or whatever it is) and then wording on the story itself conforming the link is affiliate. Easy in YouTube or to put under a post in instagram before any links.
Sponsored video - "Ad" in the video title and clearly on the specific section of video which is sponsored if not the whole one.

Anything I've missed, what do you guys think?

Reactions: 5
Out of interest how do people feel the following should be declared by influencers, I've put what I think next to each option:

Paid advert - paid partnership banner on instagram and a #ad in in a post or an "ad" sticker or similar on each story. Also "Ad" at the start of any text under a post. Ad at the start of the title in a YouTube video.
Gifted item/stay - #ad or "ad" sticker on each story alongside something saying it was gifted. AD at the start of any text under a post. Any gifted items should be declared as such for 12 months.
Discount not offered to the general public - I would suggest the words PR discount on a story or at front of text in a post on instagram. Clearly marked on relevant sections in a YouTube video.
Affiliate link - in stories a page before the story with a link saying something like the next story contains an affiliate link, I will earn commission from this link of you buy anything from the company's website with the next 30 days (or whatever it is) and then wording on the story itself conforming the link is affiliate. Easy in YouTube or to put under a post in instagram before any links.
Sponsored video - "Ad" in the video title and clearly on the specific section of video which is sponsored if not the whole one.

Apparently this would all be too confusing for her (or any influencers) auidence to understand. We would get all muddled in the head, but also we are all smart enough to know that they would never post anything or promote something they weren't 100% into themselves just being paid thousands of pounds is tiny *and not a motivational* bonus. All they want to do is share with us, that's all they want. They are our trusted friends. Now swipe up! (No one really says swipe up now though do they?)

Last edited:
Is there an update on the ASA investigation into her?
Nothing on this morning's email about her, nor on the informally resolved list.

Megsays tackles the ad issue really well - she labels really clearly and if something is affiliate or gifted/PR then she puts it in the main body of text (aka the bit you're already reading) and not far off to the side. I think they should make it law for it to be in that bit of text and not off somewhere else, as you never know what visual issues someone viewing has.
Emily could have taken some serious tips from people like Meg. Instead she'll be taking them from the ASA in due course.

Reactions: 4
I live in New Zealand so a bit different, but a lot of the kiwi influencers (all mum bloggers) that I follow do a story saying ad break so it is very, very clear that there are ads coming up. I really don't understand why influencers have such an issue declaring ads and whatnot. Like it is their job and we all know they get free things 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I live in New Zealand so a bit different, but a lot of the kiwi influencers (all mum bloggers) that I follow do a story saying ad break so it is very, very clear that there are ads coming up. I really don't understand why influencers have such an issue declaring ads and whatnot. Like it is their job and we all know they get free things 🤦🏻‍♀️
I’m guessing when they put it’s an ad the sales aren’t as high as it would be when it’s not declared an ad - so it’s just to deceive the companies they work with to continue working with them

Reactions: 3

I would agree with all of this except I think things should just be labeled gifted and not gifted/ad. It annoys me when I see it and I don’t know why!😂 but I do know that the ASA have recommended things be gifted/ad. I just think there’s a difference between an ad were money was paid and something being gifted for free. I think gifted things should be disclosed and it’s been eye opening to see the amount of stuff that influencers were getting for free before and pretending otherwise.

I don’t get why some influencers go on about how much they love their job and then hide ads and don’t disclose. Surely they should be proud of the work they’re doing?

Reactions: 9
If she wants wotsits on the regular I'm a size 2 supermodel.

How TF does she get these gigs, they aren't on brand for her at all.
Management, and her following, she regularly does stuff too look like she’s got an active following

Reactions: 1
Amazing! James really doesn’t want to come back - he’s delaying his album because there isn’t enough time for him the sign the album covers and get them back to the U.K.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She posts food content so that it looks like she's skinny while still eating.

bleeping laughable.

Reactions: 1
I just don’t understand why she keeps mentioning her height 😂 it’s not something anyone can control and unless you’re in an audition what’s the relevancy 😂 it’s absurd. Where I’m from her height is the average height for women so I can’t comprehend it
Same here. I know a lot of girls love to talk about how thin they are (especially influencers) but I've never met a woman who's so obsessed with everyone knowing she's tall, it's weird. Actually, I mainly see weirdos like Zoella who constantly want people to think they're super tiny & petite even though she's average height. I wonder where her obsession with her height came from, is she hoping people tell her she has the measurements to do runway modelling? Because she doesn't at all lol

Reactions: 6
Amazing! James really doesn’t want to come back - he’s delaying his album because there isn’t enough time for him the sign the album covers and get them back to the U.K.
Or no one cares about his album at all?? Honestly where does he think its going to chart? I find the whole thing really bizarre! The promo has been so budget and he hasn’t really been hyping it enough on social. Not to mention the songs are so so bad! He had loads of time to organise the signed albums.

He’s been gone almost 11 weeks now!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.