Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah but, she was a healthy weight before even with the slight weight gain last year. Surely no one around her can say she looks healthier! I call BS.
Exactly, it's utter bs. You don't lose that much weight from being an already slim person, you would need a severe calorie defecit!

She said she’s getting lean?👀
Skeletal more like

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She tried to argue that her weight loss is fine because it wasn't done in an unhealthy way. I'm not sure that's really relevant. Losing weight slowly and via exercise and healthy eating doesn't make it okay/healthy if your new weight is too low. She doesn't look a healthy weight to me. Fair enough embracing new exercise routines but she clearly needs to fuel her body more to maintain her old weight.

I really couldn't work out if she was lying or not. Is she secretly aiming to lose weight and just knows the right things to say to fool her mum? Or is this genuinely unintentional and she is finding a balance? I can't tell.

Reactions: 18
Her explanation is bullshit, she said oh my doctors did blood work…. Why are they doing that, plus it’s not just about that Emily, if you’re actually 5’10” you’re be underweight and it’s not your natural body. Sorry but her little chat is a joke

Reactions: 23
I never knew lean meant that all your bones stick out and you have zero muscle or fat content. Wow every day is a school day. Surely she cannot say she lifts weights when she is literally skin and bone. If you were lifting weights wouldn't you gain muscle? I don't believe a word of it

Reactions: 31
She’s underweight. She looks sick. The way she flaunts her visible bones, the 600 cals she eats in a day, and her ability to wear clothes for a 10 year old is disturbing and incredibly problematic.

Her ‘explanation’ will allow her young and impressionable followers to think it’s fine for their actual tendons to be showing through their shoulders, and that they’re fine to survive on coffee throughout the day. This just fuels my belief that she’s seriously unwell. While it is sad I’ve had to unfollow because I’m disgusted by her.

Reactions: 45
Her explanation is bullshit, she said oh my doctors did blood work…. Why are they doing that, plus it’s not just about that Emily, if you’re actually 5’10” you’re be underweight and it’s not your natural body. Sorry but her little chat is a joke
exactly, if she was a healthy weight, at 5”10 like she claims, she shouldn’t be fitting into kids clothes or a size 4/XXS. Her arms shouldn’t look skeletal, her collarbones and hipbones shouldn’t be protruding. She’s clearly seen all the comments regarding her weight and is trying to throw people off the scent so she can decline even more without people noticing so much. She’s very dangerous and shouldn’t be on the internet right now.

Reactions: 12
God she cut an inch of her hair and made a video about it. This girl is mind numbingly boring.

Reactions: 15
I am disappointed she has said all this stuff, ignoring it was one thing but her defending the weight loss is just really irresponsible.
We can all see this isn’t normal weight loss just from going to the gym. You can tell by the way she’s talking she’s lying, it’s all just so sad.

Reactions: 16
I never knew lean meant that all your bones stick out and you have zero muscle or fat content. Wow every day is a school day. Surely she cannot say she lifts weights when she is literally skin and bone. If you were lifting weights wouldn't you gain muscle? I don't believe a word of it
if you’re eating too low of a calorie deficit then lifting weights would actually aid in weight loss as lifting burns calories - she probably does have more strength than she should at her small size due to lifting though, if she’s telling the truth

Reactions: 2
I just came across these pictures of her when I was trying to google if she had US management and the difference in these pictures from 2018 is truly shocking.
D3DE93CE-B715-4E6C-A518-3F85581C8230.jpeg

It’s sad that she’s going through an eating disorder but there’s no excuse for how she carries on in her videos. It’s completely irresponsible to be acting like how she looks is normal and basically encouraging others to aspire to look like her.

And the thing is I really feel that even if she does get help she won’t ever address it and say “hey I’m sorry for acting like this, I was in a bad place, this is not normal. Here’s what I did to get better” because she always has to act like she’s little miss perfect. She’ll just ignore it and never mention it again.

Reactions: 14
Couple of things:
1. I really doubt she hasn’t been given the go ahead to spill the beans; she just wants to draw it out for views. If the news is coming out tomorrow, I’m sure she can confirm to her audience today. Interesting it seemed to have something to do with a team in the US? I’m hoping it’s something a bit more spicy than earning a fat six figure cheque for another bland ass CaMpAiGn.

2.Her obsession with porridge just screams restrictive to me, sorry. She’s like, I’m going to do a food shop for the week - then comes home with a chicken and some almond milk - then tried to justify it by saying she “forgot her bag” hmmm.

3. ED chat. If this is a really positive, fitness journey, why hasn’t she shared this? It just seems like a convenient excuse to me. Why reply defensively to comments like “since when has my channel been about my body”. I don’t know anyone on a fitness journey who is secretive and defensive about it like this? Plus, when an already slim girl goes on a fitness journey, she gets BIGGER (in a good way); like how those fitness gurus look - strong arms, strong thighs, lean, toned. She looks NOTHING like this. She’s emaciated. Where are her muscles? She’d be gaining weight not losing it. There’s only one way to get the body she has and it’s through restricting what you eat. And say maybe she is telling the truth and she doesn’t have an ED, then at the very least she’s lost weight through stress (possibly relationship worries, living situation etc.) that I could believe - but this whole fitness journey is BS. No question about it. Plus it did make me sad she pretty much confirmed her mum isn’t giving her tough love or is concerned but implied her mum was fine with it…

4. I thought her hair looked really cute, especially with the bangs fully out. She looked quite different.

5. Why does she keep lying and saying the Essentials hoodie is her dads? The first one she claimed was his was a completely different one (high necked with a zip). I highly doubt her dad is repeatedly going online buying £100+ hoodies for himself 😂

Reactions: 22
I genuinely feel like I can’t watch her anymore. She just lies about everything and tries to make her viewers feel stupid for being concerned. Then she comes up with some bullshit excuse as to why she looks so skeletal. She isn’t lean at all and it’s frightening that she is still confidently putting herself online while she is clearly struggling. I don’t know if I have an ED or not, but I binge on food when I’m depressed and anxious to the point where I feel sick, and she makes me want to be like her and it makes me hesitate to eat high calorie foods. Then I realise she isn’t healthy and I stuff my face with KFC or chocolate!
So I really, really feel for anyone who has or is struggling with an ED right now and is seeing Emily all over social media 💖

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Couple of things:
1. I really doubt she hasn’t been given the go ahead to spill the beans; she just wants to draw it out for views. If the news is coming out tomorrow, I’m sure she can confirm to her audience today. Interesting it seemed to have something to do with a team in the US? I’m hoping it’s something a bit more spicy than earning a fat six figure cheque for another bland ass CaMpAiGn.

2.Her obsession with porridge just screams restrictive to me, sorry. She’s like, I’m going to do a food shop for the week - then comes home with a chicken and some almond milk - then tried to justify it by saying she “forgot her bag” hmmm.

3. ED chat. If this is a really positive, fitness journey, why hasn’t she shared this? It just seems like a convenient excuse to me. Why reply defensively to comments like “since when has my channel been about my body”. I don’t know anyone on a fitness journey who is secretive and defensive about it like this? Plus, when an already slim girl goes on a fitness journey, she gets BIGGER (in a good way); like how those fitness gurus look - strong arms, strong thighs, lean, toned. She looks NOTHING like this. She’s emaciated. Where are her muscles? She’d be gaining weight not losing it. There’s only one way to get the body she has and it’s through restricting what you eat. And say maybe she is telling the truth and she doesn’t have an ED, then at the very least she’s lost weight through stress (possibly relationship worries, living situation etc.) that I could believe - but this whole fitness journey is BS. No question about it. Plus it did make me sad she pretty much confirmed her mum isn’t giving her tough love or is concerned but implied her mum was fine with it…

4. I thought her hair looked really cute, especially with the bangs fully out. She looked quite different.

5. Why does she keep lying and saying the Essentials hoodie is her dads? The first one she claimed was his was a completely different one (high necked with a zip). I highly doubt her dad is repeatedly going online buying £100+ hoodies for himself 😂
Didn't she also imply that one of the hoodies belonged to James?

She thinks she has muscley shoulders...umm...

Reactions: 4
I think there’s every possibility that she believes what she’s saying. There’s a good chance she’s lying to herself that what she is doing is ok, or normal when everyone else can see it’s not.

That’s the hard thing with EDs, some people don’t realise or can’t admit to themselves that there’s a real problem unless something really serious happens.

Reactions: 18
Does anyone else get the feeling that her mother just feels really sad for her? And I don't mean specifically just right now with the weight thing, but in general. Every time I've ever seen her mom on camera, she just comes across super gentle and calm as if not to hurt poor, fragile Emily. And I know that she works in mental health and all that, but idk it just seems a bit more than that sometimes.

Reactions: 17
It’s disgusting how she is claiming its healthy to be like that. Severe body dysmorphia if she thinks she looks lean and healthy.
She reminds of me of when Meredith Foster had an ED. She blamed her weight loss on getting a personal trainer and eating healthier.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.