Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely feel like I can’t watch her anymore. She just lies about everything and tries to make her viewers feel stupid for being concerned. Then she comes up with some bullshit excuse as to why she looks so skeletal. She isn’t lean at all and it’s frightening that she is still confidently putting herself online while she is clearly struggling. I don’t know if I have an ED or not, but I binge on food when I’m depressed and anxious to the point where I feel sick, and she makes me want to be like her and it makes me hesitate to eat high calorie foods. Then I realise she isn’t healthy and I stuff my face with KFC or chocolate!
So I really, really feel for anyone who has or is struggling with an ED right now and is seeing Emily all over social media 💖
❤❤❤

I think it’s an issue, at least on the periphery, for a lot of us. Her arrogance on the topic is offensive. Do what feels best for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I personally think she sounded completely unhinged in her weight rant. She kept reiterating the same things over and over, and someone who doesn’t have issues with weight would not be speaking the way she was.

Reactions: 13
She’s full of tit and dull as hell. We should all stop talking about it because it’s inflating her already large ego. She’s boring and doesn’t deserve the remaining (albeit she is clinging on for dear dear life) ‘clout’ she has. Total bleeping bore. Us discussing her appearance is probably fuelling her fire, be more effective if we said she looks good as she’d probably be devastated. She is defo getting off at the numerous ‘skinny’ comments. God I am SO sick of people giving these tragic z listers fame and money. She’s gross

Reactions: 11
She’s full of tit and dull as hell. We should all stop talking about it because it’s inflating her already large ego. She’s boring and doesn’t deserve the remaining (albeit she is clinging on for dear dear life) ‘clout’ she has. Total bleeping bore.
I’m no longer going to be watching her or engaging with her content. She doesn’t deserve it

Reactions: 15
I think there’s every possibility that she believes what she’s saying. There’s a good chance she’s lying to herself that what she is doing is ok, or normal when everyone else can see it’s not.

That’s the hard thing with EDs, some people don’t realise or can’t admit to themselves that there’s a real problem unless something really serious happens.
Yes I agree with this! At the height of my ED I was gymming everyday, twice a day sometimes, and running half marathons. I even thought I still had weight to lose. Wasn’t until I could step away after months/years and see how ill I actually looked, and how unhealthy my ‘fitness journey’ was. There is that chance that she’s so deep in she can’t see what is actually in front of her :(

Reactions: 13
It struck me that whilst addressing the rumours about her she didnt once use the term 'eating disorder'.. surely if there were no issues at all, she wouldve felt okay to say those words. But she didnt.

edit: okay, at the very end she does say that. However, the use of the words 'lean' to describe her current physical state....:rolleyes:

Reactions: 7
It's not ignorance at all! I'm just an accountant so it's my job to know these things! Her company is prepared under FRS102 Section 1A for small companies meaning that directors remuneration only needs to be disclosed in the accounts if it is comprises material transactions not conducted under normal market conditions. A salary and dividend drawn by manager owned businesses will be deemed to be a normal market transaction and as such does not need to be disclosed.

I can't comment on Anastasia's as I haven't seen her accounts, either she prepares her accounts under full FRS102 for medium sized companies because of the size of the company or her accountant is unaware of the loophole to not disclose dividends :)

Retained earnings are the profits left in the business that have not been taken out of the company. For example say she made £300K profit last year but took out £140K of that as dividends this left £160K as retained earnings to carry forward to this year.
Very interesting - thank you 😊

So annoying she won't just share the *best news ever* just say it or don't mention it to start with. Dragging it our for weeks (months?!) It's reminiscent of children at school singing I know a secret...but I can't tell you-hooo!

Probably a inthestyle collab as fashion is her passion apparently. I beg to differ, shopping and designer items with noticeable logos, labels or monograms are a passion of hers.

Reactions: 3
Surely any self respecting personal trainer wouldn’t be training her hard, seeing how much weight she has lost and think it’s okay.

I think she tagged that PT in that insta story a while ago just as a set up to her whole ‘I’ve been training hard’ narrative.

Reactions: 10
her deny her weight loss but we all saw her 'What I eat in a day video'- which was so low in cals it was unbelievable

Reactions: 2
Hmm, I am really not convinced by her explanation for her weight loss in the vlog. I can honestly see it as an excuse to avoid talking about it further now that she's addressed it and then in 6-12 months time we're going to get an eating disorder video about how she didn't notice the signs at the time. Very disingenuous, but I guess it's nothing new from her... just hope she's alright because she's clearly not doing whatever she's up to in a healthy way which is so sad to see.

Leaving an ED theory as a spoiler in case it triggers anyone;
purging is jumping out at me.. her chat about the girls in high school seemed very random? to me, it doesn't sound like a conversation you'd be having with a friend unless you were exploring it elsewhere with an ED therapist.. also she's been vlogging with a husky voice on more than one occasion.. I'm probably overthinking this but it seems super odd...

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Does anyone else get the feeling that her mother just feels really sad for her? And I don't mean specifically just right now with the weight thing, but in general. Every time I've ever seen her mom on camera, she just comes across super gentle and calm as if not to hurt poor, fragile Emily. And I know that she works in mental health and all that, but idk it just seems a bit more than that sometimes.
I 100% feel this.

Obviously Emily is ‘successful’ and I’ve no doubt she sees and supports that in her daughter but obviously no one knows Emily better than her mum and I think she can see that Emily’s success and happiness aren’t linked.

I honestly feel Emily wants a more traditional life. A house, a husband, and a family and I think her mum knows that.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Taking a break from the heavy stuff for a second, lets swing back around to how she's so massively tall.
So I typed Emily Canham in Google, it suggested "Emily Canham height" and gave this result.
I wonder how long it will take for her to search herself and notice? :LOL:
1625613931547.png

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I saw this comment on her video.
She says she wishes there was travel alluding to the fact there isnt, but she also mentions a US management office. My money is on a brand deal
you just know it will be boring af and not as big a deal as she is making out. I said brand deal straight away but part of me today was hoping she had found a way to work in the US with her mentioning it. Just so she can finally give her ‘relationship’ the time it needs to end 😂

Reactions: 6
Taking a break from the heavy stuff for a second, lets swing back around to how she's so massively tall.
So I typed Emily Canham in Google, it suggested "Emily Canham height" and gave this result.
I wonder how long it will take for her to search herself and notice? :LOL:
View attachment 651169
When I looked so many of the websites said 5’5” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
you just know it will be boring af and not as big a deal as she is making out. I said brand deal straight away but part of me today was hoping she had found a way to work in the US with her mentioning it. Just so she can finally give her ‘relationship’ the time it needs to end 😂
Like the time she worked with a brand (can't even remember their name) and released those phone cases? In true Emily style she hyped it up as being this amazing secret project but they were basically just phone cases with Cody's face on them 🤣🤣🤣 how wonder how many they sold?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I 100% feel this.

Obviously Emily is ‘successful’ and I’ve no doubt she sees and supports that in her daughter but obviously no one knows Emily better than her mum and I think she can see that Emily’s success and happiness aren’t linked.

I honestly feel Emily wants a more traditional life. A house, a husband, and a family and I think her mum knows that.
Imagine Emily in LA, her ED would be much much worse. LA is quite often very focused on weight, lots of Kale and salads

• Sad
Reactions: 8
She wonders where comments of concern come from but she has also been responding to comments saying things like you don't know what's going on in someone's life, etc. Like you wouldn't say things like that if there wasn't an issue.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.