Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks like she’s really struggling. I hope she gets the help she needs, it’s awful to watch.

Reactions: 9
I think partly yes, this could be due to be down to a relationship that hasn’t gone to plan for Emily, but I also believe Emily has not coped well with the pandemic. Her social life and general normal life coming to a sudden pause has really shook her. She has posted several stories in the past very wobbly and tearful over the pandemic. I believe she is having trouble eating due to this stress more so
She can't be reliant on acting like a teenager on summer holidays for her job as a means to happiness.

Being thin, her appearance, clothes are all transitory and won't last. Her weird job travelling around filming herself like she is a celebrity is transitory. Boyfriends and friends can often be the same, so she needs to be OK if all of those things went away suddenly.

She needs other things to build her sense of self around, some volunteering to help others, further education of some kind, a hobby that isn't based on her appearance are all important.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She looks rough as hell in her latest insta pic omg. Why is no one else noticing?
We’ll never know what’s going on in the background, her parents could be trying but as I’ve said before the only person who can help Emily is Emily, if she doesn’t want that the only option they got is to section her and I think they’ll do pretty much another to avoid doing that I would imagine if her mum knows as much about mental health as her Instagram suggests her and Emily’s dad will have an action plan in place and there will be a cut off date to it all and they will be forced to take action, it’s horrible to watch but eating disorders are so so complex. I do really hope she gets some support and they all rally round her.

Reactions: 16
Her face is so guant, her eye bags are terrible, the tan is patchy and this filter makes her look like a walking corpse. How can she have posted this and think she looks amazing, and how can her followers and family not see how bad she looks right now. Her skin looks too big for her, it’s properly wrinking in her armpit as it has no fat to flatten it out View attachment 621832
She reminds me of Daniela Westbrook in this!

Reactions: 10
I can’t believe how fast this happened like it feels like she looked fine a few weeks ago

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Random but I realised that she's changed her imhereforever insta name to the welcome home one which is why it has so many followers. If you look back at her pics they are pretty much all tagged and then she's changed her old welcome home one with like no followers to imhereforever 🧐

Eh, things can change. I know she wasn’t keen on him back then but I do genuinely believe she’s in love with him now. If she didn’t give a tit she’d have broken up with him. Whilst I think her feelings are genuine, I also think part of the reason she’s holding on to him is because she’s enamoured with his celebrity status; the fact that he’s in Busted (she’s a groupie through and through so what could be better?!) he’s written so many of her favourite songs, he has money, he has a house in LA which gives her that glamorous jet setting lifestyle… I honestly feel like she feels he’s the best she’ll ever get (in material terms) so she can’t break up with him. What are the chances of her bagging another millionaire/celebrity? (Even though he’s washed up but you get my drift).
I feel really sad for her. From what I've seen over the years it appears as though he doesn't really care all too much about her, and doesn't care to put any effort into their relationship or see her whenever he can! I've been with someone like this before and I just always felt so unloved and unwanted all the time.
I think she'd be so much happier in the end if she got rid of him. She could do so much better and be a lot happier.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
On her IG stories she put that she only has half a cupboard and one draw in the fridge for food. That’s really strange to me as even when I lived with my parents, I would eat the same food as them and just contribute to the food shopping and bills etc. I wonder if that’s just another way for her to be in control of her eating.

Reactions: 32
We’ll never know what’s going on in the background, her parents could be trying but as I’ve said before the only person who can help Emily is Emily, if she doesn’t want that the only option they got is to section her and I think they’ll do pretty much another to avoid doing that I would imagine if her mum knows as much about mental health as her Instagram suggests her and Emily’s dad will have an action plan in place and there will be a cut off date to it all and they will be forced to take action, it’s horrible to watch but eating disorders are so so complex. I do really hope she gets some support and they all rally round her.
I work in eating disorders and sadly within adult services there really is little to no resources. I very much doubt that Emily would meet the criteria to be detained under the mental health act. Her parents cannot force her into treatment and the team have no obligation to communicate with her family if she dosent want them to. It's a really worrying situation and I hope that part of her may be curious about wanting things to change. I would be concerned about her physical heath at this stage. Eating disorders do not go away by ignoring them or remaining in denial.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
On her IG stories she put that she only has half a cupboard and one draw in the fridge for food. That’s really strange to me as even when I lived with my parents, I would eat the same food as them and just contribute to the food shopping and bills etc. I wonder if that’s just another way for her to be in control of her eating.
I agree that’s odd. I moved back home in the pandemic too and I just gave my mum money towards the food shop and we had dinner together! Then if I wanted anything else I’d ask for it to be included in the shop and it would just get put in the fridge or cupboard randomly.

the way Emily is describing it it’s like she’s in a bloody student flat share and she’s worried people will steal her food if it’s not in her designated spot for her.

Reactions: 23
We will never know but I really wonder how many friends have actually reached out to her/spoken to her about if she had an ed, as it’s such a tricky topic to bring up to anyone let alone the person you think has an ed, most people don’t know what to say so don’t say anything unless you are super close to the person and Emily doesn’t seem to have any friends that would be classed as a best friend idk, I’m assuming and hoping her parents have spoke to her about it but if she denies it it’s so difficult to know how to help someone idk what I’m trying to say, just writing my thoughts

Reactions: 7
Tbf I used to have my own place and moved back home with my mother last year and I have my own cupboard and space in the fridge too. I give money towards the food shop and generally eat mostly the same as everyone else, but because I have siblings I have my own areas to keep food/snacks that I buy for myself to stop everyone else from taking it 😂 then again I have a few siblings and we all work different hours so can go days without seeing each other, so it saves me having to tell everyone not to eat my stuff haha

Reactions: 13
Is it just me or does she look happier/more her old self today? She doesn’t look as shocking in my opinion. Maybe it’s just the hair as I think she suits it more wavy but hmm…

Reactions: 3
Anyone else looking forward to see whats going to be so “amazing” in her new vid at 6:30? Bet it’s just her complaining about how TALL she is and how HARD life is being “5’10” aka 5’7

Reactions: 5
Anyone else looking forward to see whats going to be so “amazing” in her new vid at 6:30? Bet it’s just her complaining about how TALL she is and how HARD life is being “5’10” aka 5’7
The yoga retreat?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What a strange video… It just doesn’t seem to make sense. She seems so certain her and James are happy and they just can’t see each other because of COVID but it’s like… They’ve been able to and they haven’t… Weird. No mention of “welcomehome” either and she says she has no idea what her future entails so that seems odd.

Reactions: 18
What a strange video… It just doesn’t seem to make sense. She seems so certain her and James are happy and they just can’t see each other because of COVID but it’s like… They’ve been able to and they haven’t… Weird. No mention of “welcomehome” either and she says she has no idea what her future entails so that seems odd.
feel like she’s trying to convince herself she’s happy by saying all this

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.