Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen the beach bag on her stories, do we take that to mean the video she filmed with the Chloe bags all got returned?
Imagine buying a bunch of Chloe bags just for some YouTube content, and then returning them and buying a Zara bag instead? Like wtf.
Also she sure does love talking about buying things for beaches and holidays…. I’m sure she’s getting so much use out of those in Kettering town centre

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Look everyone knows you can't be that skinny and be eating healthily

Also no man likes hugging a bag of bones, and no woman wants to look like that. It blows my mind how her mum is allowing it, I can imagine Emily sugar coating everything and persuading her mum she's fine. She's ill, it's clear to everyone!!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 14

Also no man likes hugging a bag of bones, and no woman wants to look like that. It blows my mind how her mum is allowing it, I can imagine Emily sugar coating everything and persuading her mum she's fine. She's ill, it's clear to everyone!!!!
I'm sorry but eating disorders are not about what 'men like' or what other women want to look like. They are mental disorders. She's not thinking about what other people want. She's stuck in this unhealthy cycle of being obsessed with food but being afraid of it. It's not really about food or her weight but about control. She lacks control in her life/her relationship with James and has experienced some kind of trauma. Because she hasn't dealt with it, her mind is coping the only way it knows how. And she's a woman in her 20s - her mum probably desperately wants her to get better but she's not her guardian or primary care giver anymore now that Emily is over 18. EDs are scary, complex and very hard to deal with. She will have to hit rock bottom before she decides herself she needs and wants to get better.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
I'm sorry but eating disorders are not about what 'men like' or what other women want to look like. They are mental disorders. She's not thinking about what other people want. She's stuck in this unhealthy cycle of being obsessed with food but being afraid of it. It's not really about food or her weight but about control. She lacks control in her life/her relationship with James and has experienced some kind of trauma. Because she hasn't dealt with it, her mind is coping the only way it knows how. And she's a woman in her 20s - her mum probably desperately wants her to get better but she's not her guardian or primary care giver anymore now that Emily is over 18. EDs are scary, complex and very hard to deal with. She will have to hit rock bottom before she decides herself she needs and wants to get better.
I was about to reply to that post but couldn’t have said it better myself. Thinking it’s all about the looks is just people being ignorant about what an ED actually is and what living with one feels like! Her mum is probably praying she’ll get better but she can’t do anything, exactly like the EC situation. Emily will have to see the light herself and want to recover to make any progress unfortunately. Hope she does sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 22
I had an Ed last year as well, morphed from anorexia into orthorexia into bulimia. Whenever my mum pointed out I had lost weight, I would deny deny deny and it would actually spur me on to lose more. I can’t imagine how horrible it must have been for my mum. I feel so sorry for Emily, but also her family :( it’s not like they can feed her against her will, and the nhs has been overwhelmed with cases, even if they did try and get her medical help there is probably limited resources available atm

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I suffered from my ED worst around 2014/2015 and I too feel terrible for what I put my parents through.

I don't know if Emily eventually wants to have a family eventually but the only thing I knew I wanted out of life was to be a Mum (how very Zoella of me...) and when I lost my period for around a year and the problems being so underweight can cause your fertility were explained to me, I think that's what finally pulled me out of my hole.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I suffered from my ED worst around 2014/2015 and I too feel terrible for what I put my parents through.

I don't know if Emily eventually wants to have a family eventually but the only thing I knew I wanted out of life was to be a Mum (how very Zoella of me...) and when I lost my period for around a year and the problems being so underweight can cause your fertility were explained to me, I think that's what finally pulled me out of my hole.
I’m there at the moment, weight restored but still no period :( it’s been around 18 months since my last one! Absolute nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m there at the moment, weight restored but still no period :( it’s been around 18 months since my last one! Absolute nightmare.
I think mine took a good while to come back too and even then it was intermittent before coming back fully, sending you good vibes!

• Heart
Reactions: 5

In the video she made with Cal that was like looking back on two years ago or whatever it was. She said in her two years ago interview she thought she’d have kids by now. So she definitely does want kids… so you’d hope that if it got to the point she couldn’t have kids at all she’d realise but who knows as she probably doesn’t want James’s kids anyway.

Reactions: 4
In the video she made with Cal that was like looking back on two years ago or whatever it was. She said in her two years ago interview she thought she’d have kids by now. So she definitely does want kids… so you’d hope that if it got to the point she couldn’t have kids at all she’d realise but who knows as she probably doesn’t want James’s kids anyway.
honestly if she wants kids she’s going to need to find a new boyfriend. Imagine having kids with James? Ew.
I can’t imagine him being a good father either

Maybe because her sister had health issues her mam over looks the eating disorder? There has to be a plusable reason??

Reactions: 2
Maybe because her sister had health issues her mam over looks the eating disorder? There has to be a plusable reason??
I don’t think her mum is over looking it. We will never know what goes on in that house, Emily will never admit if someone has called her out on her health and for all we know she’s seeking some help (we’ll never know)

Reactions: 20
Emily is sounding very hoarse again in the new video

View attachment 690798
I am in utter shock I havent followed Emily in a few months but seeing her now she looks like the next Eugenia Cooney how did she lose this amount of weight in such short amount of time its very saddening to see. Shes becoming so frail and weak I wonder whats caused her to spiral

Reactions: 6
We all need to remember Emily is a serial liar, she lies more than she tells the truth. Her mother most probably knows and is dealing with it but, it’s Emily.

Really well said.
Out of interest has she ever mentioned any trauma?
I can imagine feeling out of control in her romantic relationship is very stressful, but as you said she is an adult woman in her mid twenties and only she can take the reigns and sort her life out. She has both the money and the time not to mention medical / counselling contacts thanks to her Mother's profession. At least she has a supportive family around her right now.

Reactions: 5
I think she saw how fellow creators were thriving during lockdown buying houses with their partners and getting new pets (inthefrow, emshel, lydia millen etc) and her life just came to a standstill because James doesn’t want to move forward in their relationship. It speaks volumes to me that they were in lockdown together in a beautiful house in Cornwall with a dog and no real work to do, yet she was depressed! Of course she missed her family but it’s not like she was seeing them on a weekly basis and let’s face it she doesn’t have many friends
I've just seen this...and FYI emshelx doesn't own a dog. It's her mum's dog that she pretends is hers and only gets used for content/freebies.

Reactions: 10
I feel like she’s just posting pictures and stories of food to try to convince us that she eats at this point

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Not saying that's the reason she's starving herself, completely twisted what I meant then.

Reactions: 1

It's all attention seeking together with mental health. Emily is desperate for attention and views on her channel. What probably started as a normal healthy eating regime has now got more serious because of all the comments she is getting about her weight loss. Another YouTuber, Eugenia Cooney, has gained millions of views and media interest (for all the wrong reasons) because of her weight. I believe this is what Emily is working towards, attention and fame regardless of how she gets there

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.