Emily Canham #11 We are actually just worried about her health

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why does she fabricate and lie about really pointless things for attention? I've stopped watching a lot of her stories lately tbh as I find them to be quite damaging. The best thing for this girl is to come off her socials for a while, mustn't be helping her at all.

Reactions: 17
She must be fuckin bored. I’ve never seen someone so attention-seeking. At her big age as well.

Reactions: 13
It's a classic tactic when someone has absolutely nothing going on or interesting to add, they lie and make themselves seem more interesting. I've got a cousin who does it, you stop taking them seriously because you know anything they say is 99% going to be a lie! I find it weird how Emily as an influencer can still be so boring, she needs to find some value to life

Reactions: 14
why does she fabricate and lie about really pointless things for attention?
All engagement to these people is a good thing. People lie on tiktok all the time and then claim it was just a joke when everyone calls them out. I saw somebody trying to pretend they’re Gina Coladangelo‘s daughter the other day.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I assume Libby Ashford got a proper job meaning she could no longer be Emily's driver, and 10 000 calorie challenge buddy.

Also Charlie was shorter than Emily, so if we find out how tall he is...

Emily should have applied to love island. James wouldn't have even noticed she'd gone somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's so immature on tiktok, acting desperate for attention. Coupled with the rapid weightloss, can't help but feel she is in big need of some serious help.

Reactions: 12
I’ve been dipping in and out of Emily’s threads for a long time. Also haven’t watched any of her videos for agessss. Until this morning that is! She looks so bloody unwell in her getting my life together vlog. Sunken eyes, spotty skin (I know we all get them but it’s a sign of a bad diet too), gaunt face
and skinny, so skinny. I’m so shocked her mum hasn’t stepped in as she’s a councillor or something. I’m getting Nikki Graham vibes, which is making me feel so sad. Especially as she recently passed away.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve been dipping in and out of Emily’s threads for a long time. Also haven’t watched any of her videos for agessss. Until this morning that is! She looks so bloody unwell in her getting my life together vlog. Sunken eyes, spotty skin (I know we all get them but it’s a sign of a bad diet too), gaunt face
and skinny, so skinny. I’m so shocked her mum hasn’t stepped in as she’s a councillor or something. I’m getting Nikki Graham vibes, which is making me feel so sad. Especially as she recently passed away.
* * * TW ED TALK * * *

The thing is, how do we KNOW that her mom or family/friends haven’t approached her about this? For all we know, they could have had many crisis talks with her which has pushed her further into her suspected ED. She was probably under the impression that no one realised she’d lost a tonne of weight and isn’t well, but if her family have spoken to her about it and she realises they know, she’ll start to become sneaky about restricting food.

I’m not an ED expert at all but from watching shows and documentaries etc, many people who suffer from an ED will try their hardest to hide it from the people close to them.

Take Cassie from Skins, she used distraction techniques so her family and friends wouldn’t realise she’s not eating. She would just roll food around her plate and hide it under another pice of food while she distracted her family with conversations and questions. Emily could be doing the same, making out like she’s eating loads of food but will take one bite and throw the rest in the bin. It must be a scary situation for her family and her, one wrong move and she could cut them off and then before you know it she’s in an ED ward in hospital.

I wonder if the reason she’s not moved out yet is because her parents won’t let her until she gets better. Let’s just hope that, behind closed doors, she IS getting the help she needs. It’s a slow recovery and a hard one.

* * * TW ED TALK * * *

The thing is, how do we KNOW that her mom or family/friends haven’t approached her about this? For all we know, they could have had many crisis talks with her which has pushed her further into her suspected ED. She was probably under the impression that no one realised she’d lost a tonne of weight and isn’t well, but if her family have spoken to her about it and she realises they know, she’ll start to become sneaky about restricting food.

I’m not an ED expert at all but from watching shows and documentaries etc, many people who suffer from an ED will try their hardest to hide it from the people close to them.

Take Cassie from Skins, she used distraction techniques so her family and friends wouldn’t realise she’s not eating. She would just roll food around her plate and hide it under another pice of food while she distracted her family with conversations and questions. Emily could be doing the same, making out like she’s eating loads of food but will take one bite and throw the rest in the bin. It must be a scary situation for her family and her, one wrong move and she could cut them off and then before you know it she’s in an ED ward in hospital.

I wonder if the reason she’s not moved out yet is because her parents won’t let her until she gets better. Let’s just hope that, behind closed doors, she IS getting the help she needs. It’s a slow recovery and a hard one.
I don’t think Emily is even hiding it that well, it’s clear she’s not eating and using water and coffee to in place of it.

I don’t think Emily is even hiding it that well, it’s clear she’s not eating and using water and coffee to in place of it.
I guess you’re right because there is no way people are watching her and thinking she looks the epitome of health. Watching her stories, all I can focus on are her protruding bones 😕

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
What I don’t understand about all this is why she does show off her bones. I know every ED is different and there’s no uniformed way to act, but when I was in my worst with my ED, I also suffered with body dysmorphia so I would hide my body as much as I could, and any pictures where I thought I did look too thin, then I wouldn’t post as I didn’t want to draw people’s attention to the fact I was underweight. I’ve had to unfollow her because it’s too triggering, I hope she gets the help she needs she is very clearly unwell and it can be damaging for people who support her but have come so far in their own journeys to relapse!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I guess you’re right because there is no way people are watching her and thinking she looks the epitome of health. Watching her stories, all I can focus on are her protruding bones 😕
hold up...she’s deleted this story now?!

* * * TW ED TALK * * *

She is an adult woman in her mod* twenties who is financially independent. She can move whenever she wants to at this point. As long as she is eating something regularly her parents are probably relieved. She talks a lot about protein atm, protein chocolates, protein yoghurt, almond butter on porridge etc. Reasoning when she is going out more for her 'job' she will be eating more restaurants / take aways and is only slimmer due to eating at home, in a healthy way, 24/7 now.

She is so appearance based, she will really struggle with getting older. No one wants to be around someone like that either.

*it keeps changing MID. to mod. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.