Emetophobia - any fellow sufferers? What do you do to cope?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I'm living my worst nightmare. My daughter has just been ill in her bed and I am home alone. My husband is about to leave Heathrow which is 1/2 hours away from us as he has just flown in from his Scotland office. The panic is well and truly setting in. Typically I have my first proper hypno session tomorrow! Trying to breathe through it.

Well I'm living my worst nightmare. My daughter has just been ill in her bed and I am home alone. My husband is about to leave Heathrow which is 1/2 hours away from us as he has just flown in from his Scotland office. The panic is well and truly setting in. Typically I have my first proper hypno session tomorrow! Trying to breathe through it.
You've got this. Clean everything as best you can. Go outside for a minute and take some deep breaths. How is she now? Take it 5 minutes at a time until your husband is home. Sending strength and love

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you! She seems OK, she's in our bed while I wash her sheets - what fool doesn't buy spares!!! 😫 Trying to calm down but I feel like a coiled spring. My husband should be home about about 10.50/11pm hopefully. This is so hard and I feel so selfish making it about me!

Thank you! She seems OK, she's in our bed while I wash her sheets - what fool doesn't buy spares!!! 😫 Trying to calm down but I feel like a coiled spring. My husband should be home about about 10.50/11pm hopefully. This is so hard and I feel so selfish making it about me!
Not selfish, anxiety takes over and that's not your fault. You haven't run away. You're looking after her. You're being an amazing mum by dealing with it, so well done!

• Heart
Not selfish, anxiety takes over and that's not your fault. You haven't run away. You're looking after her. You're being an amazing mum by dealing with it, so well done!
Thank you. He's home now, thank god! Its going to be a long night though. Thank you so much for being around! X

Thank you. He's home now, thank god! Its going to be a long night though. Thank you so much for being around! X
You did it!! Hopefully it was a one off and she's better tomorrow. Try and rest and let us know how hypno goes. I've got a counselling assessment on 25th March too! Xx

Reactions: 1
You did it!! Hopefully it was a one off and she's better tomorrow. Try and rest and let us know how hypno goes. I've got a counselling assessment on 25th March too! Xx
She's been up a couple more times, praying that's it. She's knackered, poor thing. Trying to rest but I feel like a wreck at the moment and don't know where to put myself. I'd be tempted to go for a drive if my car wasn't blocked in the drive by my husband! Thank you - good luck with the assessment! Let me know how it goes, hope it works wonders for you! X

I have this and I find it really disabling.

I’ve recently been reading a book (for children’s anxiety but I found it great 😅) by Ann cox called helping your child with worry and anxiety - found it so useful!! It’s worth a try anyway!!!

I have this and I find it really disabling.

I’ve recently been reading a book (for children’s anxiety but I found it great 😅) by Ann cox called helping your child with worry and anxiety - found it so useful!! It’s worth a try anyway!!!
It's so hard to live with isn't it.
I'm always on the lookout for helpful things so I'll give it a whirl, thank you.

It's so hard to live with isn't it.
I'm always on the lookout for helpful things so I'll give it a whirl, thank you.
Really hard. I found myself in a tight mess just before Christmas because there was a stomach bug going around my child’s class. Paranoid! Hope you find something that helps!

You sound lovely-and doing a fine job x I turn to a cleaning rocket honestly, and cannot relax - layer with towels if no sheets x

You sound lovely-and doing a fine job x I turn to a cleaning rocket honestly, and cannot relax - layer with towels if no sheets x
Thank you. Got the sheets dry quickly and she was back in bed. Up every hour retching which was just awful. Hopefully she sleeps today.

So session 2 of hypno went well! We touched on a bit more relaxation, I found the stuff she did with me I'm our first session really helpful to get to sleep last night. And then we moved onto telling my subconscious to turn down the alarm that goes off when I hear about illness so as not go cause my immediate and irrational panic. I also seem to have a voice in my head trying to convince me that I feel poorly even if I don't so she's going to try and get that voice to work with me rather than against me. It all sounds a bit mad but I felt so much more relaxed at the end of the session than when I arrived. It's going well so I'm looking forward to seeing what the next sessions are like!

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone else looses their appetite completely when they go through these times? My husband can't believe I have had nothing but a little 50cl bottle of water over the course of today. I know that's very unhealthy but I just can't face eating at all at the moment.

• Heart
So session 2 of hypno went well! We touched on a bit more relaxation, I found the stuff she did with me I'm our first session really helpful to get to sleep last night. And then we moved onto telling my subconscious to turn down the alarm that goes off when I hear about illness so as not go cause my immediate and irrational panic. I also seem to have a voice in my head trying to convince me that I feel poorly even if I don't so she's going to try and get that voice to work with me rather than against me. It all sounds a bit mad but I felt so much more relaxed at the end of the session than when I arrived. It's going well so I'm looking forward to seeing what the next sessions are like!

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone else looses their appetite completely when they go through these times? My husband can't believe I have had nothing but a little 50cl bottle of water over the course of today. I know that's very unhealthy but I just can't face eating at all at the moment.
Yes I do x I suffer from ibs,allergies yes but anxiety and fear get me straight away -I don't eat till i feel safe-when that may be x in these times to make sure you keep your energy as it's needed more,to care for others,maybe a smoothie,or basic foods like bananas. I completely understand though.

this sounds amazing! I know this is weird but this internet stranger is so proud of you for doing this! It’s really Made me think I can do it too☺
And yes appetite goes, I don’t want to eat anything ‘contaminated’ so would also drink bottled water as the germs can’t get inside in my mind

• Heart