Emetophobia - any fellow sufferers? What do you do to cope?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Massively freaking out. The kids wanted cereal for dinner. Half way through eating it they told me the milk was chunky. I've just checked and the milk was off. It didn't smell off but it was thick. Now they both feel sick so I'm just waiting for the food poisoning to start. I feel terrible
I'm sure the kids will be fine, but to echo other comments you won't catch anything even if they are poorly. Fingers crossed they're OK though.

I doubt food poisoning will start that soon it’s more likely to just give them a funny tummy and maybe diarrhoea.

Even if they do get sick, you can’t catch it cos it’s not a sick bug so try not to worry!

My 10 month old hiccuped today in Tesco and a load of sick came out, I was flapping so much to wipe it off his legs in the trolley and got it on my hand and had to calm myself down saying it’s only baby sick I can’t catch a germ from this.
My baby had the worst reflux up until about a few weeks ago (she's almost 1!) so sick was a daily occurrence in our house. Even though we said sick I would calm myself by saying it's reflux, I can't catch anything!

I’ve been in hospital childrens A&E all night with my son and there was about 7 other kids in there all for diarrhoea and vomiting FFS. I am now so scared. And I heard a doctor assessing a kid that was sick and then he came into us and my baby grabbed his stethoscope and put it in his mouth!! Argh fgs where has that germ thing been!!

I hate hate hate sick. And also, why would you rush your 7 year old to hospital for a bug? The kids were running riot they weren’t flat.

I’ve been in hospital childrens A&E all night with my son and there was about 7 other kids in there all for diarrhoea and vomiting FFS. I am now so scared. And I heard a doctor assessing a kid that was sick and then he came into us and my baby grabbed his stethoscope and put it in his mouth!! Argh fgs where has that germ thing been!!

I hate hate hate sick. And also, why would you rush your 7 year old to hospital for a bug? The kids were running riot they weren’t flat.
Ugh, why do people do that? They just need to recuperate at home and let the thing run its course. Give them diaoralyte. It’s not hard is it?

One time I had to take my son to A&E and there was a poor kid there with (what I’m assuming was) norovirus. Unless they’re in desperate need of IV fluids they don’t need to be taking up time in A&E. I was sitting in the corner trying to keep us as far away as possible, in total panic mode.

Reactions: 1

I completely get you, I hate, hate, hate hospitals because of people being ill there! Why take your kid if they're throwing up?! Hopefully it was something they ate or something and not contagious. Good for you for sticking it out though, I would have run a mile! I hope your son is OK xx

Ugh, why do people do that? They just need to recuperate at home and let the thing run its course. Give them diaoralyte. It’s not hard is it?

One time I had to take my son to A&E and there was a poor kid there with (what I’m assuming was) norovirus. Unless they’re in desperate need of IV fluids they don’t need to be taking up time in A&E. I was sitting in the corner trying to keep us as far away as possible, in total panic mode.
I’m in panic mode now! I was so so nervous up that hospital and in total I was there with baby about 8 hours.

And now of course I’m extra nervous because he’s just started having BAD nappies. But he was prescribed antibiotics so I’m hoping it just the medication giving him diarrhoea and he’s not picked up a nasty from that place. But it wouldn’t be that quick would it? Less than 12 hours? He’s 10 months old.
Ffs I just know I’m going to be having a meltdown every nappy change now.

People piss me off going to a hospital with D&V. What’s the bleeping point? I could hear one woman in there shouting “my son is having diarrhoea now!” And the doctor replied “he will do, he’s got a tummy bug”. I was sitting there fuming.

I’m in panic mode now! I was so so nervous up that hospital and in total I was there with baby about 8 hours.

And now of course I’m extra nervous because he’s just started having BAD nappies. But he was prescribed antibiotics so I’m hoping it just the medication giving him diarrhoea and he’s not picked up a nasty from that place. But it wouldn’t be that quick would it? Less than 12 hours? He’s 10 months old.

People piss me off going to a hospital with D&V. What’s the bleeping point? I could hear one woman in there shouting “my son is having diarrhoea now!” And the doctor replied “he will do, he’s got a tummy bug”. I was sitting there fuming.
Hopefully it is just the meds kicking in in his body. Got everything crossed that be hasn't picked anything up. I would be in full panic mode as well so don't feel like youre going mad or being silly. Parents who take they're kids to hospital with a bug are the worst, much like those who demand antibiotics for colds 🙄 the hospital can't do anything to cure it so stay home to keep everyone else from getting it!

This is possible one of my worst situations to be in 😩 to be stuck around other peoples ill children-I wouldn't take mine in for anything like that 🫣ever ever ever

I always panic when d&v goes through the ward I work on. I like making life hard for myself being an emetophobic nurse!

So I’ve now tested positive for covid as well as the baby and I’m laying in bed and I don’t feel sick but the thought of certain foods is making the back of my throat go funny. I’m so paranoid and scared I’m not gonna be able to do this.
Has anyone felt like this with covid? I am beside myself with worry I’ve picked up something from those sick kids running riot at the hospital

So I’ve now tested positive for covid as well as the baby and I’m laying in bed and I don’t feel sick but the thought of certain foods is making the back of my throat go funny. I’m so paranoid and scared I’m not gonna be able to do this.
Has anyone felt like this with covid? I am beside myself with worry I’ve picked up something from those sick kids running riot at the hospital
How are you doing?
I didn't feel like that with covid so I can't offer much help there, but IF you do find you're poorly you will get through it. It's awful but you will. I've got everything crossed that you're OK - and stay that way!

My daughter told me another kid was ill at school today so I'm on edge at the moment. I've not been able to have my hypono for a few weeks due to covid and other things, but hoping to get going again very soon, I hate this feeling so much.

How are you doing?
I didn't feel like that with covid so I can't offer much help there, but IF you do find you're poorly you will get through it. It's awful but you will. I've got everything crossed that you're OK - and stay that way!

My daughter told me another kid was ill at school today so I'm on edge at the moment. I've not been able to have my hypono for a few weeks due to covid and other things, but hoping to get going again very soon, I hate this feeling so much.
Ok so I did throw up! About 9.30pm on Monday night. First time in 20 years. I suspect it was due to high fever. It only happened once, thank goodness. I keep thinking will it happen again

Ok so I did throw up! About 9.30pm on Monday night. First time in 20 years. I suspect it was due to high fever. It only happened once, thank goodness. I keep thinking will it happen again
At least you know what it was a result of, and it's over. You dealt with it so well done! Hopefully your covid clears up quickly and you're back to normal soon! X

Aaaaand my daughter has been sick. I cant do this again I really can't
Oh no. I completely understand how you feel, you've done it before so you can do it again. It's so hard but you'll get through it, try and stay calm...deep breaths or get out if you can. You will get through it xx

At least you know what it was a result of, and it's over. You dealt with it so well done! Hopefully your covid clears up quickly and you're back to normal soon! X

Oh no. I completely understand how you feel, you've done it before so you can do it again. It's so hard but you'll get through it, try and stay calm...deep breaths or get out if you can. You will get through it xx
My mum is here helping but I'm so scared I will get it. I've taken some anti sickness tablets but I can't work out if I feel unwell or anxious

Aaaaand my daughter has been sick. I cant do this again I really can't
Are you the nurse x doing that job takes a whole lot of strength ,you have got this -I feel you ,I can't eat,this time next week ... focus look up outside at the sky when you need that break x I hope all is well xxx

I know how hard it is to keep calm. When I was sick the other night, even though it was only one episode of vomiting, the whole way through it I kept saying out loud to myself “you’re ok, it’s ok”. The whole ordeal was over within 5 minutes.

I still feel queasy now, and I keep looking at the clock saying “it’s 48 hours since you were sick it won’t happen again now” etc etc.

Within a few days you’ll be in the safe zone and this will be a distant memory x

I know how hard it is to keep calm. When I was sick the other night, even though it was only one episode of vomiting, the whole way through it I kept saying out loud to myself “you’re ok, it’s ok”. The whole ordeal was over within 5 minutes.

I still feel queasy now, and I keep looking at the clock saying “it’s 48 hours since you were sick it won’t happen again now” etc etc.

Within a few days you’ll be in the safe zone and this will be a distant memory x
Was it as bad as you thought it would be?

Was it as bad as you thought it would be?
It was pretty unpleasant I must admit. I won’t lie to you xx

Even though it was only one episode, there were about 6 or 7 big vomits. But it was over quick, and the nausea went away immediately afterwards.

Feeling sick is definitely worse than being sick, trust me. Once it was done, I felt so much better.

Always worth remembering that vomiting is generally a good thing - it’s your body getting rid of something it doesn’t need or something harmful. It’s a natural function that is perfectly normal and healthy - we are designed to do it.

just another way of looking at it maybe?

Always worth remembering that vomiting is generally a good thing - it’s your body getting rid of something it doesn’t need or something harmful. It’s a natural function that is perfectly normal and healthy - we are designed to do it.

just another way of looking at it maybe?
Yeah, no that doesn't do it for me haha