Em Sheldon (emshelx)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So it seems playing the victim and claiming to be bullied is not new to Em. I read through this quite awful rambling blogpost and it seems she’s been bullied at school, college and even when having brunch with friends in a restaurant. I’m surprised she’s not claimed she’s been bullied since the day she was born 🙄

This is someone who likes to play the victim and needs attention hence the way she reacts. I think she constantly needs drama, attention and validation which probably explains the constant overreaction and the need to always comment and get involved in every person on the internet’s issues.

Here’s the blog post if anyone needs any help getting to sleep
I remember reading this. Now maybe Em was bullied in school but we are not bullying her. I do think Em loves the attention though as she constantly alludes to talking about abuse in her family (her father, I think) but never reveals it. The way I see it is don't mention it if you aren't going to talk about it. I remember Em was at a coffee shop before and said there were girls looking over at her and whispering - is that the part in the blog post? It seemed really insecure and paranoid.

Reactions: 1
I remember reading this. Now maybe Em was bullied in school but we are not bullying her. I do think Em loves the attention though as she constantly alludes to talking about abuse in her family (her father, I think) but never reveals it. The way I see it is don't mention it if you aren't going to talk about it. I remember Em was at a coffee shop before and said there were girls looking over at her and whispering - is that the part in the blog post? It seemed really insecure and paranoid.
I’m going to be controversial here and say I don’t believe she has been bullied. I believe that people have not thought Em was amazing, didn’t praise her and ignored her and she believes that is bullying. I say this because I’ve seen her hysterical overreactions to minor criticisms on social media and claiming that it is harassment and the police should be involved. Even the way she talks about this forum and GG you would think her address had been shared and her life threatened.

She mentions being at brunch in a restaurant with some girl friends and a girl and her boyfriend were there. The girl was staring at Em and her friends and then started whispering to her boyfriend and he would look over. Apparently it went on for a while and the waiters even noticed. She was so upset she was too scared to walk past her table when she left but then brave plucky Em got the courage to ask her if anything was the problem as she walked past the table and she just said no. It was a complete overreaction. She was with her friends, she wasn’t alone and why is she letting some girl whispering about her make her so upset and scared.
It’s quite frankly pathetic. Grow a backbone Em.

And her whole dad thing is definitely another cry for attention. Those who grow up in abusive households don’t constantly mention it, they try not to think about it as it brings back memories they don’t want to recall and I say this as someone who grew up in an abusive household.

I really believe she needs counselling. Her over dependence on her mum, her strange relationship with her brother, the constant attention seeking and needing validation tells me that she is mentally fragile and needs a professional to help her.

Reactions: 2
This comment is not just about Em but this generation of influencers in general...but seeing as we are here having this discussion I'll leave it here. Em, maybe it will give you some food for thought.

Being criticized in any way isn't fun. But it is a part of life and its how we grow and better ourselves. I come from a professional corporate background. Regular appraisals are the norm as is being pulled up on things you can do better. You have a line manager. And then their manager and then a head of department and so on. People are there to help you to do better and a part of that is being able to accept that you aren't always right and you haven't gone about things in the best way.

I'm my own boss now. I have 4 people who work for me. But I can't imagine what it would have been like to go to being my own boss from university. How to do you learn anything?! How do you learn self appraisal? I don't know.

And then you get to a place where all you want is validation and people to tell you how wonderful you are. Your self esteem becomes linked to this. I'd say most of the people who do this in comments are either young (teenagers) or people looking to get noticed, other influencers. Its all fake. No one thinks that the coffee you are holding is AMAZING. They just want a slice of the pie.

Em, just do your job properly. Declare everything. Try and be a bit more picky about who you work with. Stop trying to make a quick buck with fast fashion swipe ups. Pick a niche and stick with it. Iron your clothes. Tidy up before you take pictures. Stop moaning about mundane tit. Try and live without the constant need of your family to validate you. You'll grow. I promise. You don't need a bunch of yes men around you. You need to take some time out to self reflect.

Reactions: 5
Bullied at brunch!! Firstly I’m sure half of it didn’t happen as written. She says after a long afternoon her group left, implying the person was sniggering and laughing for what... hours? Is that remotely likely? It almost has an air of paranoia about it.
Maybe that person was laughing at something else but their line of view happened to be Ems group?

All in all, it’s much ado about nothing. I don’t think that is a bullying incident. Am sure pretty much every female experienced unpleasant behaviour from other girls at school. Usually because you’re young and immature and things get handled badly (you stole my friend type stuff!).

On ems old blog she had a post called dealing with witches - now deleted - but what does that tell you about her previous attitude towards other woman??

There is definitely a victimhood status affecting many influencers. I genuinely think it’s down to lack of life experience and working for themselves and dealing with a limited circle within the same industry who are all inclined to arse lick each other to maintain their little industry. So criticism isn’t routinely experienced until they find this site.

I think some influencers are almost enjoying the label of being bullied or trolled. It gets them sympathy and more views albeit from other influencers and people in the industry.

Last edited:
I’m going to be controversial here and say I don’t believe she has been bullied. I believe that people have not thought Em was amazing, didn’t praise her and ignored her and she believes that is bullying. I say this because I’ve seen her hysterical overreactions to minor criticisms on social media and claiming that it is harassment and the police should be involved. Even the way she talks about this forum and GG you would think her address had been shared and her life threatened.

She mentions being at brunch in a restaurant with some girl friends and a girl and her boyfriend were there. The girl was staring at Em and her friends and then started whispering to her boyfriend and he would look over. Apparently it went on for a while and the waiters even noticed. She was so upset she was too scared to walk past her table when she left but then brave plucky Em got the courage to ask her if anything was the problem as she walked past the table and she just said no. It was a complete overreaction. She was with her friends, she wasn’t alone and why is she letting some girl whispering about her make her so upset and scared.
It’s quite frankly pathetic. Grow a backbone Em.

And her whole dad thing is definitely another cry for attention. Those who grow up in abusive households don’t constantly mention it, they try not to think about it as it brings back memories they don’t want to recall and I say this as someone who grew up in an abusive household.

I really believe she needs counselling. Her over dependence on her mum, her strange relationship with her brother, the constant attention seeking and needing validation tells me that she is mentally fragile and needs a professional to help her.
The fact she even said something to the girl is odd. It seems confrontational. I bet the girl was wondering why Em kept staring at HER. Haha. She just screams insecurity.

Bullied at brunch!! Firstly I’m sure half of it didn’t happen as written. She says after a long afternoon her group left, implying the person was sniggering and laughing for what... hours? Is that remotely likely? It almost has an air of paranoia about it.
Maybe that person was laughing at something else but their line of view happened to be Ems group?

All in all, it’s much ado about nothing. I don’t think that is a bullying incident. Am sure pretty much every female experienced unpleasant behaviour from other girls at school. Usually because you’re young and immature and things get handled badly (you stole my friend type stuff!).

On ems old blog she had a post called dealing with witches - now deleted - but what does that tell you about her previous attitude towards other woman??

There is definitely a victimhood status affecting many influencers. I genuinely think it’s down to lack of life experience and working for themselves and dealing with a limited circle within the same industry who are all inclined to arse lick each other to maintain their little industry. So criticism isn’t routinely experienced until they find this site.

I think some influencers are almost enjoying the label of being bullied or trolled. It gets them sympathy and more views albeit from other influencers and people in the industry.
Yes, it makes her sound completely paranoid. I doubt the waiters even noticed.

She tweeted today about tubing all week. Imagine living in London and that being an achievement. Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if she was lying and just saying it for headpats.

I don’t think Em knows how to deal with strong women. She has a lot superficial surface level ‘friendships’ but she is never invited to anything meaningful that happens in those people’s lives. You just have to note that she’s not at most of these ‘besties’ weddings, hen parties, birthdays etc. As we all get older our circle of friends gets smaller and changes but with Em people just leave her life or they disengage with her. The only people she tries to cling onto are the bigger bloggers like Lydia, and Lorna Luxe by sycophantically commenting on their photos/tweets. Even with Vic something went down and she’s not close to her anymore.

She likes to make it seem likes she’s a girls girl but I think the constant attention seeking and victimhood is probably something that has got women who have their lives together find annoying. And I believe she thinks anyone who isn’t super nice to her is a witch when in reality they’re just a grown up who’s tired of a immature teenager and her antics.

I don’t think Em knows how to deal with strong women. She has a lot superficial surface level ‘friendships’ but she is never invited to anything meaningful that happens in those people’s lives. You just have to note that she’s not at most of these ‘besties’ weddings, hen parties, birthdays etc. As we all get older our circle of friends gets smaller and changes but with Em people just leave her life or they disengage with her. The only people she tries to cling onto are the bigger bloggers like Lydia, and Lorna Luxe by sycophantically commenting on their photos/tweets. Even with Vic something went down and she’s not close to her anymore.

She likes to make it seem likes she’s a girls girl but I think the constant attention seeking and victimhood is probably something that has got women who have their lives together find annoying. And I believe she thinks anyone who isn’t super nice to her is a witch when in reality they’re just a grown up who’s tired of a immature teenager and her antics.
Yeah she has never grown up where as many of her friends are moving on up in life. I don't see her getting engaged any time soon in the next few years.
I am surprised she is with her boyfriend and not with an older man who is richer.

Yeah she has never grown up where as many of her friends are moving on up in life. I don't see her getting engaged any time soon in the next few years.
I am surprised she is with her boyfriend and not with an older man who is richer.
I’m surprised her boyfriend is with her. Can you imagine how annoying the attention seeking orange wotsit would be if you had to live with her! 😂

I’m surprised her boyfriend is with her. Can you imagine how annoying the attention seeking orange wotsit would be if you had to live with her! 😂
She would be a pain in the ass. She always complains about him not tidying up on Twitter. My SO annoys me too sometimes but I wouldn't shout about it publicly.

Yes I think she did. Everything we’ve been covering on this thread she has responded to in her stories or twitter one way or another this week. Putting stupidly long waffle about disclosures, has posted about being ‘nice’, wanted feedback on her travel guides etc. Quite obvious she’s been here in my opinion! I think she’s itching to have a rant.

Plus she’s moaned to the ASA about the complaint being public knowledge!

It’s very sad that she calls herself a content creator and all her content seems to come from here.

Considering her personality and maturity level I really don’t think her continuing to read on here is a good idea. I’m pretty sure she will be posting a picture of her crying on Twitter soon claiming bullying. Though she will have bought it on herself as there’s no need for her to come on here.

Yes I think she did. Everything we’ve been covering on this thread she has responded to in her stories or twitter one way or another this week. Putting stupidly long waffle about disclosures, has posted about being ‘nice’, wanted feedback on her travel guides etc. Quite obvious she’s been here in my opinion! I think she’s itching to have a rant.

Plus she’s moaned to the ASA about the complaint being public knowledge!
Gosh, it must be killing her to not rant about here. I think that she isn't though as it will bring people here who may discover the truth. Look at how Sali Hughe's ranting about here backfired, loads of people saw the real her and ended up signing up.

She’ll never directly say it’s Tattle life she will just reference online bullying as most people’s attitude would be if you go and proactively read those forums then you’re really bringing those views into your life.

We don’t post on her social media and tbh most of what is said about her here is pretty tame. There’s no real malice it’s just calling out what she does and seeing though the fake nice girl persona she’s created. But I’m pretty sure f she has a rant about it she will claim it was awful and her life was at threat and she was scared. Just look at the overreaction to the brunch incident! 🙄

Right so her new vlog. Ad for Aldi Christmas food. Took her brother but hardly showed any of the food? Not sure how this is relevant to an audience of young women either but hey ho. When she was getting ready I was shocked at the state of her flat. Literally stuff on every counter. So untidy. Looks like someone sleeps on the sofa as there was a duvet on it? And the garden is knee high with weeds.
Then there is an AD in the middle of the vlog for a dating app. Including what she likes about the app. This is a woman with a boyfriend. She is pretending that she’s taken over “her friends” dating app for the purpose of this ad. Absolutely bollocks, if so why not introduce the friend and do the ad segment together given Em isn’t actually single so not the best person to opine on dating app features?

The fact she is doing dating app AD shows how she is not being selective about her work at all. I’m sorry but it’s just nonsense to include an ad about something that she wouldn’t actually use. And conjuring up a fake friend is just like false advertising. She is losing the plot and has no direction at this point.

Reactions: 4
Right so her new vlog. Ad for Aldi Christmas food. Took her brother but hardly showed any of the food? Not sure how this is relevant to an audience of young women either but hey ho. When she was getting ready I was shocked at the state of her flat. Literally stuff on every counter. So untidy. Looks like someone sleeps on the sofa as there was a duvet on it? And the garden is knee high with weeds.
Then there is an AD in the middle of the vlog for a dating app. Including what she likes about the app. This is a woman with a boyfriend. She is pretending that she’s taken over “her friends” dating app for the purpose of this ad. Absolutely bollocks, if so why not introduce the friend and do the ad segment together given Em isn’t actually single so not the best person to opine on dating app features?

The fact she is doing dating app AD shows how she is not being selective about her work at all. I’m sorry but it’s just nonsense to include an ad about something that she wouldn’t actually use. And conjuring up a fake friend is just like false advertising. She is losing the plot and has no direction at this point.
Thank you for watching that rubbish for us so we don’t have to!

I still don’t understand how her brother can be so chronically unwell yet he goes to so many events and trips with her. He was on the private jet thing, travelled NYC and Canada, I’m pretty sure he was in agreement and tags along to a lot of freebie events. If he can do app that surely he can work especially as a lot of jobs now allow for remote or working from home.

The dating app thing is just another brand that approached Em. Em doesn’t say no to anything even though she likes to claim she does. Six out of her last 9 IG posts are either and advert or a ‘press trip’ which as far as I’m concerned is an ad.

Basically Em is an orange messy looking walking billboard. With regards to her messy house, you just need to look at her to realise her home will be a tip.

Haha no problem. I skipped through large chunks as there was a lot of repetition, basically she went to a lot of gifted/hosted/press events.
It is odd that her brother is supposedly so ill yet goes to all these events. Whilst he may help her with her vlogs, I find it odd that he seems to be living with them. Surely as a couple moving into your first rented flat you’d want to be alone? Not have a family member living with you. He needs to get his own place or just do the work remotely from Leeds. But I think she needs to have someone go to events with her which is pretty sad for a mid twenties woman.

The flat is a disgrace you’re right and not a surprise. Her life seems chaotic. With some influencers they talk about planning and have diaries to map out their work, I’ve never seen Em do that. I think a brand emails her and she picks up the work straight away. How she lives like that I’ll never know. Good job she’s getting free cleaning from that company as she’d have to pay for 4 or 5 hours worth of cleaning a week to deal with that bombsite.

So she’s gone from ‘owning’ a house to renting a place with two other people. Does she really think that we believe she could afford a mortgage and deposit if she can’t even rent a place on her own??
It‘s not hard to keep a flat clean, you just have to tidy up as you go along. And having some pride in where you live should make you want to keep it nice.

Em doesn’t seem to have an agency or an agent hence why she has no idea about how to be professional. If she had someone guiding her she might work with better brands, have a niche and maybe come across as more professional. But I guess that means paying them and we know Em doesn’t like paying for anything!

if you just judged Em on her behaviour you would think she was 18, however, she looks 30 and is 25. I have to say that whole family dynamic is odd. I couldn’t imagine many brothers live with their sister and boyfriend!!

Haha totally. Right. It displays a pattern of regular lying actually.

She claimed she was buying a house / actually owned it before it fell through which coincided with ad deals with homesense and a bank. She has a blog post about saving for a deposit!

She claims she’s set a friend up on this dating app but the friend isn’t named or featured in the paid AD segments. So does this friend even exist??

She claims bullying and trolling but the only real examples are being laughed at brunch in a restaurant, and a few things at school.

She did a feature on Gucci sandals but we’ve never seen them again.

She says her family have a Land Rover but we’ve never seen it.

I’m sure there are other examples but can’t remember or keep up. She is v unprofessional really. I’m sure if she had an agency they’d tell her to clean her flat, plan her work and actually put effort into it and make the ads more seamless to non paid content and to stop being so reactive to things. It won’t happen though as if she had an agency they’d take a cut and maybe like a stereotypical Yorkshire person (since she keeps shoehorning it into every situation) she’s tight.

Oh she’s back home this weekend in Yorkshire. So expect Yorkshire to be mentioned relentlessly. Maybe she’s also get a flat cap and whippet since she’s so Yorkshire. Or maybe revert to her native accent. Maybe we’ll also see the Land Rover featured lol.

So she tweeted
I’ve given my brother and his friends my house for the weekend so they can have a night out in London and I’ve left the fridge full of alcohol for them to enjoy (with a note saying: please drink this) #SisterPoints yah.

Em, you are so transparent. You read here and this is why you shared that. In fact, I remember before you mentioned your brother living with you.

- it is pathetic she is advertising a dating app. She is so thirsty that she will take any offer to advertise something. She actually tweeted last week that she was setting her friend up on a dating app and it was time to hand it over to her friend as all the men were messaging her. She was so obviously planting the seed for this advert. She is a liar. I doubt there is a friend.

- her flat has always been a pigsty. I remember even when she lived at home in York, she would take mirror pics and there would be clothes all over the floor etc. She has no pride. You would think she was a teenager. It doesn't take long to tidy up.

- I remember her saying she got approved for a mortgage. I do not believe her. It is so hard to get approved for one in the UK, especially in London.

- you are right, Em doesn't have an agent. I remember all her friends were signing to Gleam and I thought Em would too but they obviously saw no value in her.

You all know she will now post the land rover online right? I am sure it is a really old one, not a fancy new Discovery.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.