Em Sheldon #13 Comments for clout under everyone’s pic, and wears clothes that she can’t zip!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know everyone’s having a pop about him watching football in a restaurant but can you imagine how much she’s on her phone when they’re out? She lives her entire life through her phone camera lens - not surprised he needs entertaining.
You’re actually 100% right. One can only take so much of being second fiddle to a phone that they’ll figure out their own thing.

Reactions: 8
She doesn't seem to live the same reality as everyone else does she. The observations about Matt are right. She praises him for doing the bare minimum when to the outside world its clear he is disinterested and not really that great as a partner. This impression is formed from the content that she herself puts out. Saying that he was on his phone, never tidies anything up, breaks things etc.

Her own career too. Its a flop. She may have started off fairly strongly with the right connections and getting decent campaigns hence the constant banging on about things she's done in the past (awards from over 10 years ago in her bio, being on the billboard in Piccadilly!) but to a normal adult it is clear that her career is declining fast. She hasn't even gained 10K followers on instagram in the past 3 years. The invites are decreasing and so are the ads. Yet she constantly goes on about being grateful and talks about manifestation. There is such a disconnect, its so weird. Is she in denial? Because most other people would have moved on by now to find a more sustainable longterm career. Can she not see that this isn't going to get any better? She still (hopefully) has another 60 years to support herself and has never actually worked a proper job and the one that she does have, while it still pays the bills probably won't forever?

• Heart
Reactions: 19
She doesn't seem to live the same reality as everyone else does she. The observations about Matt are right. She praises him for doing the bare minimum when to the outside world its clear he is disinterested and not really that great as a partner. This impression is formed from the content that she herself puts out. Saying that he was on his phone, never tidies anything up, breaks things etc.

Her own career too. Its a flop. She may have started off fairly strongly with the right connections and getting decent campaigns hence the constant banging on about things she's done in the past (awards from over 10 years ago in her bio, being on the billboard in Piccadilly!) but to a normal adult it is clear that her career is declining fast. She hasn't even gained 10K followers on instagram in the past 3 years. The invites are decreasing and so are the ads. Yet she constantly goes on about being grateful and talks about manifestation. There is such a disconnect, its so weird. Is she in denial? Because most other people would have moved on by now to find a more sustainable longterm career. Can she not see that this isn't going to get any better? She still (hopefully) has another 60 years to support herself and has never actually worked a proper job and the one that she does have, while it still pays the bills probably won't forever?
I agree with every bit of this. The only side thought really is that because she’s poor on the content side, she is a hard pusher of any long lasting cookies she can find including for more expensive stores. She clearly has very few friends but the likes of the hen she travelled with recently clearly have cash and so it’s likely she coaxes them to shop through her links and to share it with their friends (to people less aware of the cookie set up it just looks like a discount code). That plus volume of other people clicking could still be a decent earner with some of the kick backs they get, even though I’m baffled she gets any clicks on the same bleeping trainer and towel posts every week.

In the same breath, she’s clearly been trying to keep up appearances this year- the leased Range Rover, the regular soho house trips and the US trip that was obviously uncomfortable for her financially.

I think her accounts this year will be interesting viewing, though I really wish we could see what she deducted for salaries first too (and I still want to know how much of the kitchen she deducted for being a business cost given the number of times she’s made reels on it).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see her selling the flat soon to move to the countryside where she can get more for her money, and basically start copy and pasting Lydia & Josie

I wouldn’t be surprised if we see her selling the flat soon to move to the countryside where she can get more for her money, and basically start copy and pasting Lydia & Josie
No chance. She’s too tight and too lazy to not be able to get free food delivered 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I agree with every bit of this. The only side thought really is that because she’s poor on the content side, she is a hard pusher of any long lasting cookies she can find including for more expensive stores. She clearly has very few friends but the likes of the hen she travelled with recently clearly have cash and so it’s likely she coaxes them to shop through her links and to share it with their friends (to people less aware of the cookie set up it just looks like a discount code). That plus volume of other people clicking could still be a decent earner with some of the kick backs they get, even though I’m baffled she gets any clicks on the same bleeping trainer and towel posts every week.

In the same breath, she’s clearly been trying to keep up appearances this year- the leased Range Rover, the regular soho house trips and the US trip that was obviously uncomfortable for her financially.

I think her accounts this year will be interesting viewing, though I really wish we could see what she deducted for salaries first too (and I still want to know how much of the kitchen she deducted for being a business cost given the number of times she’s made reels on it).
I don't know if I'm right here but I actually think it is the utterly relentless posting off affiliate links that stopped her growth at a time when she potentially could have taken her career in a different path. She used to be in with a crowd who have all eclipsed her but no one wants to follow someone who just posts aff links to any old crap all day long. Its not fun viewing at all so even if its making her money at the moment, its a terrible longterm strategy.

I mean the links to plates and towels on an almost daily basis. No one is buying these things regularly Em. Well no one I know. You buy a towel set/plate set and then it lasts years. Well most people anyway...

Reactions: 16
She reached 100k followers in 2018.. it’s now 2023. She’s gained 26k in 4.5 years. 🫠 her following is stale, her style is stale and so is her personality. There’s no growth personally or professionally. She’s an almost 30 year old acting like a 15 year old.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Also it’s so painfully obvious she’s always trying to have a viral post going to stupid bakery’s and taking videos etc is that the best you can do?

Reactions: 10
I finally found a thread for her! Few things bother me about her a) hair- how can it be that bad in this day and age?! It has no style, weird layers, crispy frizzy mess b) her voice~ like a British version of a valley girl. Does she have filler or something as her mouth moves oddly

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Suggest everyone unfollow her on YouTube 😂 I’ve done it, the 100K brag isn’t it
---
Also any watched her “come to work with me” vlog? …….

Reactions: 6
Whatever she advertised, just know hell would freeze over before I bought any of it 🤢🤢starting with a Dyson air wrap 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
I don’t think I can make it through a 30 min video that starts with her claiming doing her clothes returns is work, or that her first meeting of 2023 is mid February, or that anything she does includes hours of editing.

Her voice literally gets more annoying with every video, awful.

I’d love to know from any industry people what the deal is lately, it seems like a really tough time in influencer land and I will be baffled if someone like Em is able to maintain the cheap-slob-luxury lifestyle for much longer. It seems unlikely many even good influencers will be able to have it pay enough to support the lives they want to showcase.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s so funny to me when influencers talk about editing etc I make content for brands ads etc I just made a tiktok and edited in 25 mins it’s not hard it doesn’t take hours ( for the quality she puts out) Some influencers make really amazing campaigns and content but hers takes litrally minutes.

Reactions: 16
Her latest insta pic has just 100 likes in 12 hours. It's like her followers are actively avoiding liking her uploads - tbf I wouldn't want my name anywhere near any of her content. Would guess that a good number of her followers are hate watchers.

Reactions: 10
Don’t know if you’ve seen that trend in TikTok that’s ‘things that would send X into a coma’

here’s a list of things I think would send Em into a coma:

- going to a restaurant and paying the entire bill plus 10% tip herself.
- buying something online and not aff linking it to instagram.
- having her own dog.
- getting repeat brand deals.
- paying for a hair/nail/cosmetic/skin treatment herself.
-paying for her own make up and skincare.
-spending less than 8 hours per day on her phone.
-having a boyfriend rather than a lodger.
- not making everything about herself.
- going on a paid for holiday and not posting every move on social media.
I could go on and on…

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Don’t know if you’ve seen that trend in TikTok that’s ‘things that would send X into a coma’

here’s a list of things I think would send Em into a coma:

- going to a restaurant and paying the entire bill plus 10% tip herself.
- buying something online and not aff linking it to instagram.
- having her own dog.
- getting repeat brand deals.
- paying for a hair/nail/cosmetic/skin treatment herself.
-paying for her own make up and skincare.
-spending less than 8 hours per day on her phone.
-having a boyfriend rather than a lodger.
- not making everything about herself.
- going on a paid for holiday and not posting every move on social media.
I could go on and on…
This is absolutely brilliant and couldn’t be more spot on 😂 HOW can she not see how this looks???!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.