Ellen DeGeneres

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recommended listening to the Marc Maron WTF podcast interview with comedian and writer Karen Kilgariff (now of My Favorite Murder podcast). She was her head writer for a few years but was sacked after she stood up for the writers strike. She is very polite and professional about what she says but you can read between the lines. Think you can find the interview audio on YouTube.

Go to 1:11:00

Reactions: 2
Ellen always made me unease with the Pollyanna routine. I never bought into it but hearing how she's far worse than I'd have ever thought is a shock. In a recent video on TheTalko (I think) they said people were forbidden for making eye contact with her. That's deranged and she needs help if it's true;.

Reactions: 5

Yel

This just popped up on my feed, Jessica Simpson is obviously not quite with it šŸ˜¬ but Ellen is being such a witch

Reactions: 4
Does seem like her chickens are coming home now..

I hear James Corden is as just bigger bleep than she is! A lot of people cannot wait for things to come out about him! I think there is a blind about him and his wife on an aeroplane!! Seems he is a gift which keeps on giving!

Reactions: 14
Iā€™ve always felt uneasy watching her. Her Covid shows have been very uncomfortable. The conversation does not flow at all!

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Ellen has finally taken responsibility and apologised... for her staffā€™s behaviour, not her own, and is proceeding to have someone fired.

Thatā€™ll really cease those terrible error of judgements and misconceptions made by many that SHE is mean!

Hey everybody ā€“ itā€™s Ellen.

On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would be a place of happiness ā€“ no one would ever raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect.

Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry.

Anyone who knows me knows itā€™s the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for our show.

I could not have the success Iā€™ve had without all of your contributions.

My name is on the show and everything we do and I take responsibility for that.

Alongside Warner Bros, we immediately began an internal investigation and we are taking steps, together, to correct the issues.

As weā€™ve grown exponentially, Iā€™ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew Iā€™d want them done.

Clearly some didnā€™t. That will now change and Iā€™m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.

Iā€™m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop.

As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or ā€“ worse ā€“ disregarded.

To think that any one of you felt that way is awful to me.

Itā€™s been way too long, but weā€™re finally having conversations about fairness and justice.

We all have to be more mindful about the way our words and actions affect others, and Iā€™m glad the issues at our show were brought to my attention.

I promise to do my part in continuing to push myself and everyone around me to learn and grow.

Itā€™s important to me and to Warner Bros. that everyone who has something to say can speak up and feels safe doing so.

I am so proud of the work we do and the fun and joy we all help put out in the world.

I want everyone at home to love our show and I want everyone who makes it to love working on it.

Again, Iā€™m so sorry to anyone who didnā€™t have that experience.

If not for COVID, Iā€™d have done this in person, and I canā€™t wait to be back on our stage and see you all then.

Stay safe and healthy.

Love,

Ellen

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I donā€™t personally think so, I canā€™t seem to match any of those clues to him šŸ¤”
That blind gossip celeb is Tyler Perry, Iā€™m guessing.

Clues from the article:

ā€œThis actor may be best known for his starring role in a TV comedy series with an eponymous title. However, he has also starred in dozens of movies, some of them very successful.ā€

and

ā€œIn fact, if his own momma knew how he behavedā€¦ she would probably do the right thing and whoop him!ā€

Tyler Perryā€™s movie, Big Mommaā€™s House.

Also heard he is impossible to work with too.

As weā€™ve grown exponentially, Iā€™ve not been able to stay on top of everything and relied on others to do their jobs as they knew Iā€™d want them done.

Clearly some didnā€™t. That will now change and Iā€™m committed to ensuring this does not happen again.

Iā€™m also learning that people who work with me and for me are speaking on my behalf and misrepresenting who I am and that has to stop.

As someone who was judged and nearly lost everything for just being who I am, I truly understand and have deep compassion for those being looked at differently, or treated unfairly, not equal, or ā€“ worse ā€“ disregarded.
Thrown her producers under the bus and used her coming out experience to try to get sympathy.

Reactions: 13
Reactions: 11
Thrown her producers under the bus and used her coming out experience to try to get sympathy.
What a ludicrous get out of jail card sheā€™s played here.

If we took her word that the producer independently came up with the ā€˜donā€™t speak to, or make eye contact with Ellenā€™ policy, then why, for years, would she have people around her never speaking to her or making eye contact with her, and not question it nor tell them not to be so silly, then get acquainted with her staff?

Reactions: 13
#freeportia
Isn't Portia exactly the same as Ellen, though? I've heard she's full of herself and treats people badly, and she certainly hasn't stopped Ellen from being a horrible human being (as her spouse, she may be the only one in a position to do so).

Reactions: 3
Isn't Portia exactly the same as Ellen, though? I've heard she's full of herself and treats people badly, and she certainly hasn't stopped Ellen from being a horrible human being (as her spouse, she may be the only one in a position to do so).
Ah! I don't know. She just always looks haunted. I'm sure they're both surrounded by folk blowing smoke up their arses.

Reactions: 3
#pizzagate šŸ•šŸ•šŸ• all over her insta comments. I believe it. Her art work is questionable and if you watch the way Justin Bieber was around her, he looked like he hated her. Watch his Yummy video analysis. Fall down the rabbit hole šŸ‡

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have come across a number of stories that seem to point in the direction of Portia trying to apologize for Ellen (eg restaurants, where Ellen is also a bullying bytch to staff) and being in a, to say it frankly, abusive relationship; Ellen controlling Portia, P walking on egg shells around E, etc.

I don't particularly remember reading that Portia is also a bytch.

Well, seems things are becoming really tough for Ellen. Good.

That "apology" is a joke and is a classic PR piece.

With the way the world is right now, with the power of the internet, I think that PR has to change, too, and those fluff bs apologies need to end, as they don't fool anyone.
Honestly apologizing would go a lot further.

I guess the only problem is that an actual apology would be an admission of guilt and open the floodgates to lawsuits, esp in the US.

Edit

Last edited: