Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
However I don't think I have an issue with an MD or JD who passed the bar but never practiced using the doctor/lawyer titles because there is just so much work to them. I mean they shouldn't act like that's their job if they are not practicing (and certainly shouldn't be giving advice on how to work in that profession) but I mean moreso saying it as a character trait.
In my family, there are three PhDs. Two of the degree holders retired after two + decades of teaching at four-year universities. One of the PhDs was in Psychology and that person had to pay a yearly fee to also practice. He has not renewed in years. Both are retired, but to us, they still are Doctor so and so and Doctor so and so if we were to introduce them to others when their doctor status mattered.

So, are only currently practicing doctors or teaching professors worthy of titles? Interesting concepts. And no, Elle is nothing like the two I mention professionally.

I recently completed two paralegal certificates. Here is one of the "professors" of the paralegal program. She has NO J.D but has a master's in something so she is even less qualified than Elle is. She is called Instructor but asked us to call her professor, but to me, it should have been a teacher/instructor.

California is getting ready to let paralegals represent clients in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Not related to the current topic but I just read the term #girlboss is now considered cheugy and it reminded me of Elle. :p

Reactions: 7
I actually never cared for the whole #girlboss trend and it kind of made me cringe when Elle would use the term.

Reactions: 9
Wondering why Elle didn't want to at least try working as an attorney after articling and interning? Most people I know who switched careers will try full-time work in their given profession with a few different employers before deciding it's not for them.

Reactions: 5
Wondering why Elle didn't want to at least try working as an attorney after articling and interning? Most people I know who switched careers will try full-time work in their given profession with a few different employers before deciding it's not for them.
Yes, why did she bail so soon after finishing all of her requirements? Why not stay and work her way to being a securities attorney?

Reactions: 4
Yes, why did she bail so soon after finishing all of her requirements? Why not stay and work her way to being a securities attorney?
I think we discussed our suspicions before and there was a strong feeling she either wasn't offered a position at the firm she articled at because she didn't perform well enough and maybe that put her off looking for a place elsewhere. Or she realized being an attorney isn't quite like what they show on TV and decided to get her cubicle role.

She's trying to be a lawyer now 😋 Her current Seattle 'employer' aka shared office space facilitator is now quoted on her profile on the BC bar association. Whether she's getting any clients or making money is another story ;)

Reactions: 8
I think we discussed our suspicions before and there was a strong feeling she either wasn't offered a position at the firm she articled at because she didn't perform well enough and maybe that put her off looking for a place elsewhere.
That would suck to get that far and not be good enough. I would not want to go through that.

That would suck to get that far and not be good enough. I would not want to go through that.
It’s rarely about aptitude but having the right attitude and being willing to put in the hours. I mean can you really see her putting in 12-16 hour days and weekends as a junior associate? Look at joe’s schedule - it doesn’t ease up. The more prestigious the firm, the more intense it is. And you have to keep your ego firmly in check as you have to work your way up.

She could also go to a smaller law firm or choose a less demanding area of practice but would it suit her special snowflake narratives

she thinks of herself as really special but in big law there are a lot of talented, smart people. And there are also a lot of really wealthy individuals with family connections in the field. Either way, she’s not going to stand out (she probably does for the wrong reasons like pageant hair and makeup)

It’s not an easy career path and I can completely see why she’d prefer to give up very early on. Especially since she can get an entry level role in a law-adjacent field and get all the accolades anyway. She just spins it as in house counsel. And w the benefit of 2 hour lunch breaks and ending work at 5. I mean it’s just a no brainer to go with this bold faced exaggeration than to actually put in the work ...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think elle's issue is that she probably 1. Thought law would be how it looks in the movies and TV and 2. Thought she'd meet a hard working lawyer who would marry her and let her be a SAHM. This didn't work out and honestly I think that's why her other relationships didn't work. Joe was working hard and presumably based on his new gf actually wanted a partner that worked too. Rick on the other hand was an adjunct professor which is not good pay at all (I know people in academia and it is hard to get a livable paying job) and wanted a hard worker to bank roll him (that's My guess, he had nothing to lose by marrying Elle and got all the benefits furniture that isn't made of wine boxes, food that isn't OJ in the fridge).

So not only does her fake girl boss attitude attract the wrong people. If her real goal is to be a stay at home mom who strings pearls for fun and shops she needs a different approach.

If you tell a guy on a dating site you are a lawyer or physician or something like that, they are going to probably assume you are not going to want to stay home. Sure, some women do quit law and medicine jobs to be a SAHM but generally if you put that kind of time into your career you are at least passionate about it/have a lot of student loans to pay off.

She needs to change her approach if that is her ultimate goal.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
isn't it weird how she follows through on nothing, she had a good idea with the mask chain but then did nothing with it.

She has no get up and go or passion for anything.

Reactions: 6
isn't it weird how she follows through on nothing, she had a good idea with the mask chain but then did nothing with it.

Actually made some samples and took some photo shoots about the products was the most get up and go thing she did lol.

Reactions: 2
I think Elle is all over the place and has been since Joe dumped her. She was utterly blindsided by that and never really got over it. Now she doesn't know what she wants, and has the constant (mostly self-inflicted) background pressure of needing to find a man asap as she no longer has the luxury of time now that she's in her 30s. That being said, in her 20s she still had her old face, so that would have limited her options somewhat.

As soon as she starts to focus on something, she gets distracted by something else. She's academically bright and can clearly succeed in highly structured environments (e.g. university), but she doesn't have the self-discipline to focus on one thing and see it through. Then there's the fact that she's willing to blow up whatever life she has managed to establish for herself as soon as a man – literally ANY MAN – shows up in her life.

On one hand, if it wasn't for her mother bailing her out every time her plans go horribly wrong, she would be in big trouble. On the other hand, the fact that she knows she will be bailed out is stopping her from ever really standing on her own two feet, owning and learning from her mistakes, and becoming an independent, self-possessed, responsible adult (ironically, all of which would make her a much more attractive dating prospect!).

All that being said, while Elle is unlikely to ever be more than a dilettante at life, she is a grifter and a narcissist and people like that always seem to land on their feet (just look at Meghan Markle!). I'm extremely glad that I don't have Elle (or an Elle-like person) in my life because they cause havoc wherever they go, but I'll stick around and enjoy the drama from a distance...I reckon our girl still has a few tricks up her cashmere sleeve yet.

Reactions: 13

She also never completes her giveaways. The only recent one she did and completed was one her customer ended up winning.

The way she did law school was in and of itself a shortcut as well. It takes six to eight years to become a lawyer in Canada and you must take the LSAT. Smelle hightailed it to England after high school where she did a three year bachelor (LLB) and then came back to Canada for a one year LL.M. and then articled for a year.

Reactions: 12
Screenshot_20210517_164713.jpg

Some of those pearls have really wonky shapes and are visibly different From the rest. I wouldn't pay her more than $20 for this. Kinda sorry for her customers who don't know what they're getting into/ have no idea what good pearl jewellery should look like (if they're repeat buyers).

Reactions: 11
As soon as she starts to focus on something, she gets distracted by something else. She's academically bright and can clearly succeed in highly structured environments (e.g. university), but she doesn't have the self-discipline to focus on one thing and see it through.
I would argue that most, if not all, of Elle’s motivation is extrinsic. She kept putting off her CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) certification until she met Rick and there was an impending cross-country move. Same thing happened with her getting her driver’s license. Elle can’t do something for the sake of doing it unless she has external reasons pushing her. I’m sure some of us are like this too. We may perform much better under pressure, but this isn’t some #girlboss trait. In fact, I think it’s quite average.

Reactions: 15
Maybe she tried but couldn't get a job as an attorney?
From what she said in past videos she didn’t like the place she articled so instead of trying a different type of workplace she scrapped the whole thing lol! If I remember correctly. I can’t believe that at her relatively young age how many doors she’s slammed shut and decided “weren’t for her”! But at the same time being somewhat impulsive with other things... can’t wait to see what she’s cooking up over the next few months. Anyone else want to speculate if she’s preggers?

• Haha
  • Wow
I don't think she's pregnant. I think she bought her car because she was dating someone who encouraged her to do so. I think she moved because she believed they were close to moving in together. Then the trip to Hawaii happened and instead of getting more serious whoever it is she was dating decided he was done. And she is having a meltdown because she realizes she's spent the last year and a half of her life making nothing but poor decisions and other than a car payment, she has nothing to show for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.