Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rickets posted on Insta that he's selling his swampland pad! He's either moving back in with mom (I can totally imagine him spinning that move into 'I always wanted to live in an intergenerational household to share wisdom and laughter' kind of narrative) OR he is moving to South America to do volunteering (hence why he's been harrasing elderly Latin American ladies to teach him Spanish) OR he landed a new love of his life who is going to take him in. Either way, 50% of the house value is probably the improvements that Smelle paid for 😂😂😂
Just looked up the listing online. OMG just look at the pictures and imagine Elle living there. 😂 Its nothing like her style at all. No wonder she never did a home tour and showed as little of the place as possible. The listing states “upgrades include West Elm sculptured-glass ceiling lights” that must have been Elle’s contribution. Can’t imagine Rick buying West Elm when he was happy with boxes as tv stands.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Just looked up the listing online. OMG just look at the pictures and imagine Elle living there. 😂 Its nothing like her style at all. No wonder she never did a home tour and showed as little of the place as possible. The listing states “upgrades include West Elm sculptured-glass ceiling lights” that must have been Elle’s contribution. Can’t imagine Rick buying West Elm when he was happy with boxes as tv stands.
I have to say it's less horrible than I thought. It appears more spacious than what could be seen in Smelle's vlogs but the overall look is really barren, yet not minimalist. It basically has a 'can't afford furniture and I'm not crafty enough to do something myself' vibe. I'm shocked to find out it was built in early 2000s... Definitely looks a lot more dated from the outside. Also, the price is so low... I don't know Florida real estate market but Rick's asking would maybe get him a studio in my city in the UK 😂 And probably a cardboard box in NYC.

Reactions: 10
Rick is selling it for $90,000 more than what he bought it for in 2018. I don't think Elle's cosmetic touches-- of which I can see few -- warrant such an increase. Unless people are suddenly flocking to the middle of nowhere Florida? I love how the home is being touted as a vacation home. No one with a career could move to that town; it's legitimately a retirement village and there is nothing there. What on earth was Elle thinking?!?

We only ever saw Elle's filming room (below) and the tiniest glimpses of the kitchen. If Elle spent the day at IKEA she could have easily spruced up the place, but I guess she wanted high-end stuff so had to wait months for it to arrive. By that point, Rick had dumped her!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
“upgrades include West Elm sculptured-glass ceiling lights”
You can find the place just by this quote.
It looks to be a small housing tract in the middle of nowhere with a golf course as an anchor.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There is no way Elle would ever have been satisfied with living in that house. There's nothing especially wrong with it, but it's well below what we know she'd be hoping for. She really must have been desperate to drag any man down the aisle to have said yes to a future in that retirement village.

Reactions: 12
Rick is selling it for $90,000 more than what he bought it for in 2018. I don't think Elle's cosmetic touches-- of which I can see few -- warrant such an increase. Unless people are suddenly flocking to the middle of nowhere Florida? I love how the home is being touted as a vacation home. No one with a career could move to that town; it's legitimately a retirement village and there is nothing there. What on earth was Elle thinking?!?

We only ever saw Elle's filming room (below) and the tiniest glimpses of the kitchen. If Elle spent the day at IKEA she could have easily spruced up the place, but I guess she wanted high-end stuff so had to wait months for it to arrive. By that point, Rick had dumped her!

I think it's hilarious none of the beds has a frame, they're all just mattresses. Do you guys think Rick made Smelle sleep on the floor and gave her a lengthy lecture about benefits of that, conviniently omitting number 1 reason for not owning bed frames i.e. being skint? I bet he would have referred to healthy Japanese people sleeping on futons and never suffering from bad backs 😂

Also, Abe Lincoln's portrait made it to the listing photos 🤣

I think Smelle's 'touches' include some walls painted light grey, 'West Elm sculptured ceiling lights', and tiedye shower curtain 😂
Is anyone else bothered by pictures that are too small, hung too high, and in weird combinations?

Rick's half-sister is heavily pregnant. If he didn't dump Smelle/if she didn't pack her bags and go back to mommy's embrace, they'd probably be having Rickelles by now too 😆 At least she wouldn't have to beg Seattle men for attention.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
You can find the place just by this quote.
It looks to be a small housing tract in the middle of nowhere with a golf course as an anchor.
Found it. :cool:

The real estate agent clearly did some home staging in there because a lot of the furniture is unfamiliar and we all know how much Rickets enjoys showing off his retirement village home on instagram while he waxes lyrical about something ridiculous. I do wonder why he is moving though...has he found another Cinder-Elle-a with furniture and decided to move in with her? How funny would it be if Rick managed to get married twice before Elle could get married even once despite all her efforts? :m

• Haha
^^^
It would keep this thread going that's for sure.
I suppose we'll eventually find out if she pops back on youtube in six months with a tummy in tow and a video featuring all the possible names for their Rickelles. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Money must have been a big factor in their split. Didn’t Elle go on about how she would not show the house until the renovations where done? Elle definitely would have demanded a new kitchen, and new bathrooms. Rick clearly did not feel the same way as no major renovations have been done. He probably thought Elle just had a minor shopping problem on clothes and shoes but once he saw the price tag for those West Elm light sculptures (and that’s just the beginning) he knew he could not commit to that marriage.

If you read the realtor.com description it talks about how it was the owner's aunt and uncles house previously. So did Rick even buy this place? Did his aunt and uncle gift it to him? I guess once I get home to my computer I'm going to have to look up the sales records

Also why are Rick's diplomas in the dinning room instead of his office or the spare room?

Last edited:
  • Haha
If you read the realtor.com description it talks about how it was the owner's aunt and uncles house previously. So did Rick even buy this place? Did his aunt and uncle gift it to him? I guess once I get home to my computer I'm going to have to look up the sales records

Also why are Rick's diplomas in the dinning room instead of his office or the spare room?
Because he needs to bring it up to unsuspecting guests at all the dinner parties Elle planned to host :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ok I gotta ask, is that Elle's pink shower loofa? Rick, you have to throw them out hun, they get moldy after a while 😟

There's lots of nice trees around the house, wonder why she didn't use those as insta backgrounds 🤔

Shame she didn't get to go to Legoland on her next birthday :cry:

Weird I don't remember her mention a country club at all? If they could of joined they def would of 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is anyone else bothered by pictures that are too small, hung too high, and in weird combinations?
Yes, so much. The stager should have just removed everything on the walls. It distracts so much, I would rather have bare walls than all those micro wall frames.

The layout of the house is very awkward.

That roundabout in front of the house brought back not-so-fond memories of Eleanor "modeling" in the street under the midday sun...

Just watched a luxury YouTuber do a Q&A about her life & job. She hasn’t done very much personal videos / shows luxury content with minimal personal details. Anyway she mentioned she went to law school and has had a long career in the legal field (15 years). But she clarifies that she’s not an attorney. She works in law related areas and she’s private about it because of the confidential nature of her work. This is a good example how normal people describe your career factually while being private.

I know a lot of people think we’re too hard on Elle about lying about her career. But it’s really abnormal and dishonest. The most annoying part is that she loves talking about women in law, attrition rates, glass ceilings in the workplace - to somehow excuse her choice of choosing to leave practice AND to equate her investigator job with that of in-house counsel. But she never even practiced law (her only time at a law firm is when she trained to be a lawyer - as an articling student). It’s just ridiculous to cite these things when you never actually worked in a law practice. The audacity to draw equivalents is so insane to me. How can you even dare to pretend to relate to these hardworking women ? There’s no glass ceiling to speak off when you haven’t even entered the field 🤦‍♀️

We discussed why she didn’t continue practice. She left the firm immediately after getting called to the bar (the Articling period ends). this suggests she wasn’t offered a job. most people would accept even if they didn’t want to continue as a lawyer in the long term as having experience sets you up for any career later on. There’s a chance she was offered an opportunity to continue but she didn’t accept. I think she wasn’t prepared for the amount of hard work as a lawyer and wanted an alternative. There is about a 4-5 months gap after the articling stint before she starts the law investigator job. From the gap, it looks like she probably was trying to find a job.

Also I think it’s been mentioned several times here that many of us have similar backgrounds to Elle, very educated for our jobs, chose a less stressful path etc no one judges at all. The difference is that most people with similar circumstances would just be grateful to have been lucky enough to have the choice, and are aware of our privileges. We do not need to embellish to secure the validation of others, we don’t use this fake image to scam naive viewers and we most certainly do not make condescending comments about how hard we work or how difficult it is to survive in x industry.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.