Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From what she said in past videos she didn’t like the place she articled so instead of trying a different type of workplace she scrapped the whole thing lol! If I remember correctly. I can’t believe that at her relatively young age how many doors she’s slammed shut and decided “weren’t for her”!
That is really too bad and may show a "youthful" mind.

I remember thinking something was going to be forever and not want to do it. A year or two in a bad environment can be hell, but then you are free and the rest of the world is yours.

I wonder if she regrets not staying since it would all be behind her?

Reactions: 4
I don't think she's pregnant. I think she bought her car because she was dating someone who encouraged her to do so. I think she moved because she believed they were close to moving in together. Then the trip to Hawaii happened and instead of getting more serious whoever it is she was dating decided he was done. And she is having a meltdown because she realizes she's spent the last year and a half of her life making nothing but poor decisions and other than a car payment, she has nothing to show for it.
This is also what I believe. Getting pregnant wouldn't be the most outrageous thing for her though. Remember her trying to force men to commit and telling them to finish inside her? Sounds like someone who doesn't mind getting pregnant.

That is really too bad and may show a "youthful" mind.

I remember thinking something was going to be forever and not want to do it. A year or two in a bad environment can be hell, but then you are free and the rest of the world is yours.

I wonder if she regrets not staying since it would all be behind her?
Actual lawyers have a pretty tough life for many years though and it doesn't really get better as you move up. It's a high stress job with long hours and lots of competition and I would never make fun of anyone for not choosing that. Elle's problem is that she lied about leading that life when she's never actually practiced as a corporate or securities lawyer like she claims. Articling is basically the equivalent of an extended internship and I think we can all agree that's nowhere close to being a practicing lawyer as a career.

Reactions: 9
Actual lawyers have a pretty tough life for many years though and it doesn't really get better as you move up. It's a high stress job with long hours and lots of competition and I would never make fun of anyone for not choosing that.
The professors I have had in the legal field do not live the life you portray. They did at the beginning of their careers and then, once they had experience, they moved to less stressful firms or started their own practices.

Big law is hell, but not all law. Big loans to pay off, contribute to the type of life you can have after law school.

I don't think she's pregnant. I think she bought her car because she was dating someone who encouraged her to do so. I think she moved because she believed they were close to moving in together. Then the trip to Hawaii happened and instead of getting more serious whoever it is she was dating decided he was done. And she is having a meltdown because she realizes she's spent the last year and a half of her life making nothing but poor decisions and other than a car payment, she has nothing to show for it.
THIS! I think this is the real reason we didn't get any content for like a month after she came back from HI. I think she's been pouting and that's why we got that video of Elle trying to be cryptic. Clearly she's changing gears in life and is letting us know without actually telling us. And clearly Mr next isn't taking that step that she wants. Isn't that what she was hinting at with her month to month rent how it would be easy to move? I think she was hoping for an invite to Mr next's place soon.

I really think she sells herself as something she's not to her dates (I mean she does it on YouTube) and that's why none of these guys work out. One of my BFFs decided she wanted to get married. She went on dating apps and told people early on she wants to get married and have kids (we are the same age as Elle) and within 6 months she met someone. 1.5 years later they were engaged, year later they were married, less than a year later she gave birth. The thing is they were on the same page the whole time. Sure it really cut down on the guys willing to date her bc she was like I want to get married and have kids soon. But the guys she did talk to and go on dates with were the ones who would be willing to commit. So she didn't waste time on guys who didn't want to or who were wishy washy.

I think Elle is convinced she's some huge catch and assumes these guys will fall in love with her and them wanting to get married is irrelevant bc in her mind everyone wants to get married.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The professors I have had in the legal field do not live the life you portray. They did at the beginning of their careers and then, once they had experience, they moved to less stressful firms or started their own practices.

Big law is hell, but not all law. Big loans to pay off, contribute to the type of life you can have after law school.
You mentioned your professors. Clearly they’re lawyers who pivoted into academia and maybe also work in a slower paced private practice and that’s fine, but that’s not the image Elle was trying to portray on her channel. Nobody assumes a securities or corporate lawyer has a easy life with two hour lunch breaks and leaves work at 5pm, even if they are more senior. Elle went out of her way to convince viewers that she had this crazy busy, “girlboss” professional life because she clearly thought that was more respectable than what she was actually doing. There is a hierarchy in Elle’s head in terms of which roles looked better and big law/corporate law/securities law (the more intense, busy, and hellish areas of law) were better than fraud investigation and things like traffic law in her mind. She was hell bent on looking busy and trying to convince others she had it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
THIS! I think this is the real reason we didn't get any content for like a month after she came back from HI. I think she's been pouting and that's why we got that video of Elle trying to be cryptic. Clearly she's changing gears in life and is letting us know without actually telling us. And clearly Mr next isn't taking that step that she wants. Isn't that what she was hinting at with her month to month rent how it would be easy to move? I think she was hoping for an invite to Mr next's place soon.

I really think she sells herself as something she's not to her dates (I mean she does it on YouTube) and that's why none of these guys work out. One of my BFFs decided she wanted to get married. She went on dating apps and told people early on she wants to get married and have kids (we are the same age as Elle) and within 6 months she met someone. 1.5 years later they were engaged, year later they were married, less than a year later she gave birth. The thing is they were on the same page the whole time. Sure it really cut down on the guys willing to date her bc she was like I want to get married and have kids soon. But the guys she did talk to and go on dates with were the ones who would be willing to commit. So she didn't waste time on guys who didn't want to or who were wishy washy.

I think Elle is convinced she's some huge catch and assumes these guys will fall in love with her and them wanting to get married is irrelevant bc in her mind everyone wants to get married.
It is the Disney watching that has her in a deluded bubble.

• Haha
And she is having a meltdown because she realizes she's spent the last year and a half of her life making nothing but poor decisions and other than a car payment, she has nothing to show for it.
You're very generous! I'd say ever since Joe dumped her in May 2018 she's been on a downward trajectory, making bad choices and not growing at all.

All this talk of Elle being pregnant is hilarious to me. I just cannot picture her being a parent! She seems so fussy and awkward, I can't imagine her having a baby and having to go with the flow and not be in total control. Unless her plan is to outsource childcare to get mother or a nanny.

Reactions: 11
What gives you this idea? Does she still have her ad up on the website she rents?
It’s been a while since I read this, so I apologize if someone already answered this. I got that idea because the language she used in the video and the way she was framing “a second career” or “finding your career later in life” it just seems like in a few months or so, she can make a video like “hey guys, big news. I’m leaving the law to do this other thing. I’m no less unprofessional or less put together because even RBG found what she’s meant to do in later life after a different profession!” It’s the kind of manipulation she would use to not look like a failure when she pivots later.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ladies, I think I found Elle's long lost sister. This showed up as a suggested video in YouTube and upon first glance I thought it was Elle. I haven't watched it but as it started to load I saw far off looks and twirling side to side ala Elle

Ladies, I think I found Elle's long lost sister. This showed up as a suggested video in YouTube and upon first glance I thought it was Elle. I haven't watched it but as it started to load I saw far off looks and twirling side to side ala Elle
She actually has a sense of style and knows how to play with proportions. LOL.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Elle wishes she were Audrey Coyne. She could never be as well spoken, polite, and thoughtful in her videos. Audrey's life and content runs rings around Elle's.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
She's actually kind and honest, not a lying scumbag.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Never heard of this lady but she seems to be genuinely petite (not Smelle-petite which is all about being small in one's head but not in reality). Her eyes look a bit weird but she seems pretty chill. And has 7x more subscribers than Smelleonore.

Notice how Audrey, the influencer, includes just a quick shot of her posing in front of that neutral streetscape background and not minutes of her posing and twirling and trying to model. Elle should takes notes, because even introducing something as simple as having a pleasant background would help her videos. She has been on YouTube for, what, a decade? Yet she still has never had a cute filming studio or nice backgrounds. Some of her apartments have been fine for filming but the clutter ruined it for me, as well as seeing her cats climbing all over her food preparation surfaces.

Reactions: 10
Notice how Audrey, the influencer, includes just a quick shot of her posing in front of that neutral streetscape background and not minutes of her posing and twirling and trying to model. Elle should takes notes, because even introducing something as simple as having a pleasant background would help her videos. She has been on YouTube for, what, a decade? Yet she still has never had a cute filming studio or nice backgrounds. Some of her apartments have been fine for filming but the clutter ruined it for me, as well as seeing her cats climbing all over her food preparation surfaces.
I agree with everything except the part about the cats. The cats are the best part of her channel 😹

Reactions: 6
Didn't Elle say she was going to be posting a big giveaway? Or did she just say that hoping people with subscribe and hang around for the next 6 months while she pull an "eat, pray, love" and finds herself? I don't get the point of her talking about big life changes and changing direction if she isn't going to tell us what she's doing. Do you want you life to be private or not?

Reactions: 8
Never heard of this lady but she seems to be genuinely petite (not Smelle-petite which is all about being small in one's head but not in reality). Her eyes look a bit weird but she seems pretty chill. And has 7x more subscribers than Smelleonore.
Oh no Audrey is so annoying, if you took a shot for every time she says she is petite in literally every video, you'd be elephants drunk.

• Haha
  • Wow
Didn't Elle say she was going to be posting a big giveaway? Or did she just say that hoping people with subscribe and hang around for the next 6 months while she pull an "eat, pray, love" and finds herself?
Elle wishes she had the confidence and finances to have her own Eat, Pray, Love year. Unfortunately, that would require going somewhere other than Hawaii and doing more than reading terrible romance novels and shopping at outlet malls. Plus she'd annoy everyone in Italy with her pronunciations and terrorize people in India by declaring everything as "Ghandi vibes" and "so chic and rustic!".

Regardless of what she's doing between now and August, she'll come back as the same old, dull, bland Elle. She said her content would be different after Joe dumped her and it got worse. Ditto with her ex-fiance -- he who Elle shall never name.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Rickets posted on Insta that he's selling his swampland pad! He's either moving back in with mom (I can totally imagine him spinning that move into 'I always wanted to live in an intergenerational household to share wisdom and laughter' kind of narrative) OR he is moving to South America to do volunteering (hence why he's been harrasing elderly Latin American ladies to teach him Spanish) OR he landed a new love of his life who is going to take him in. Either way, 50% of the house value is probably the improvements that Smelle paid for 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.