Elle Florence Lecocq #11 Duchess of Bainbridge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with what you’re saying and I agree that that’s what Elle was trying to do in her video. I just don’t think, and correct me if I’m wrong because it’s been a minute since I’ve watched it, that she said RBG was principally a professor. The way she spoke on it was more definite. “RBG wasn’t even a litigator” and that’s just not true. Her central profession may not have been litigation, but it’s not correct to say someone who has argued before the Supreme Court six times is just a professor. And Elle seemed to be covering her tracks with this blanket statement that doesn’t honor the career RBG had. I just don’t want any of the Karens who follow Elle and may also read here to have that idea of RBG in their heads. I completely agree with you that she’s so insidious in the way she’s trying to compare herself to this legend, and it triggered me, especially now that that legend isn’t around anymore.
We're arguing about semantics here but clearly Eleanor Lecocq is delusional and is making the argument that she could be the next RBG if she wanted, but we all know she is much more concerned with trapping a man with money than building any kind of career. We all know she's not capable of working hard or getting anywhere near RBG's level.

Theoretically, we could all be the next President or Pope but statistically it is highly unlikely. Elle is the only person dumb enough to use something like this to defend her own poor life choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The fact that she referred to herself as a law professor in her channel description box, and I think even her LI profile, particularly during her unemployed FL months, shows her level of delusion and shamelessness. Teaching a standalone online course to notaries-in-training does not a law professor make. I think it really shows her social isolation that she would even consider using that title so lightly. Her real life acquaintances must cringe.

Reactions: 21
@actuallawyer. Oh, I totally agree with you. I just wanted to make clear that to me the bigger issue wasn’t Elle’s misrepresentation of RBG’s career but that she has the gall to compare herself to RBG in the first place.

I guarantee that she carries her rose gold constitution around because she thinks they are on equivalent levels. :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
@actuallawyer. Oh, I totally agree with you. I just wanted to make clear that to me the bigger issue wasn’t Elle’s misrepresentation of RBG’s career but that she has the gall to compare herself to RBG in the first place.

I guarantee that she carries her rose gold constitution around because she thinks they are on equivalent levels. :sick:
@Cactusmoose 100% agree. The nerve of her is truly remarkable. And I also don’t get why. Because she seems to be laying he groundwork to pivot away from a law career, so why bring RBG up at all and try to compare yourself to someone who excelled in the legal profession? She’s always made me cringe and roll my eyes but this made me downright nauseous. As a woman in law, RBG is my one and only idol and it’s sickening to think of her in the same league as this walking yeast infection.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There's no way she's getting any clients. Why would you use her as an attorney? She literally has no experience in courts, the most 'lawyerly' she got was 10 years ago during her legal training but then everyone knows it's just beginners stuff and the 'real' work happens later, after you're qualified. The fact she's clinging on to an INTERNSHIP that she did prior to going to university says quite a lot about how limited her work experience is. Most people who graduated university 10+ years ago don't include internships on their CVs because it just looks odd. You may just as well include what nursery you went to in your 'Education' section 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
There's no way she's getting any clients. Why would you use her as an attorney? She literally has no experience in courts, the most 'lawyerly' she got was 10 years ago during her legal training but then everyone knows it's just beginners stuff and the 'real' work happens later, after you're qualified. The fact she's clinging on to an INTERNSHIP that she did prior to going to university says quite a lot about how limited her work experience is. Most people who graduated university 10+ years ago don't include internships on their CVs because it just looks odd. You may just as well include what nursery you went to in your 'Education' section 😂
plus who would take her seriously

Reactions: 4
It's a whole ass mess. Someone from this forum signed on to back me up over there though. Thank you, whoever you are! lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Just reviewed the reddit post. I think most of the commenters there are trying to be objective and reasonable about their understanding of Elle's work experience. They're not interested in the drama and are not emotionally attached to her as a subscriber/former subscriber would be. They made valid points, and the counterarguments came across a bit eccentric and veered into emotional arguments about her dating life even tho the post was about her professional career. If anything, it was very educational on how someone with a law degree can work in a lot of ways. You'd have to assume all her employers were idiots and Elle has been a master level con-artist for 10 years. Anyway, she used to be interesting, now she's not. This thread just doesn't have much to go on anymore.

Reactions: 6
Over on Reddit a ton of people are defending Elle and I just. don't. get. it.
Where is this reddit thread? Can someone link it?

I bet Eleanor signed up on reddit or cried to some deluded Karens about being bullied and told them to crash the thread and defend her honor.

I think the snoop we heard from the Seattle and Vancouver tattlers about her pandemic dating behavior really bothers her because it was true and the many men she had casual sexual relationships with also told their friends, or we wouldn't have so many people sharing stories. I wouldn't be shocked if some of Elle's fans behave similarly so those discussions really hit a nerve.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Where is this reddit thread? Can someone link it?

I bet Eleanor signed up on reddit or cried to some deluded Karens about being bullied and told them to crash the thread and defend her honor.

I think the snoop we heard from the Seattle and Vancouver tattlers about her pandemic dating behavior really bothers her because it was true and the many men she had casual sexual relationships with also told their friends, or we wouldn't have so many people sharing stories. I wouldn't be shocked if some of Elle's fans behave similarly so those discussions really hit a nerve.
Just google Elle Florence Reddit and click on the most recently dated post

Reactions: 3
Just google Elle Florence Reddit and click on the most recently dated post
Thank you, I found it!

I glanced through the comments and it's possible that many people who responded are in a similar position as Elle though (got a degree in something the easy way such as online degree or foreign law school that required no LSATs and was at an undergraduate level instead of the normal three years of a JD in the U.S.) and present themselves similarly, so the topic rubbed them the wrong way. I know so many women and men who mislead others about their work experiences or education. It's the same people who take a pay per credit class through Harvard Extension School which anyone anywhere in the world can do and insist they went to Harvard or people that claim they were a stock picker or investor and you later find out they are actually a wealth manager at some random local branch of a bank. There was a lot of defensiveness by people who didn't really look at what was going on with Elle, and focused on telling stories about themselves or other people they knew who had a certain education but didn't practice in that field which is weird. I think it's projection.

I will say this. While I cannot speak for everyone, to me and most of the people I know who have legitimate careers, a person isn't a doctor/lawyer/engineer/any other profession if they don't actively practice in that field. A person with a MD who becomes a full-time influencer is an influencer. A civil engineer who got a job programming at Google is a programmer, not a civil engineer. A person who has a PhD in mathematics but is working in the marketing department of a company works in marketing. Therefore, because Elle has only worked as a fraud investigator, that is who she is, not a securities lawyer or in-house counsel. It seems pretty simple to me and it's absurd that this is even a topic of discussion or debate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
i think elle's issue is that she believed bc she has a law degree, that immediately makes any job she does a lawyers job. Is she a lawyer? I would say most people would argue if she has a degree and is licensed she's a lawyer. BUT she doesn't work as a lawyer. Which is the issue I had with her. She comes home from a long day of work and says "my busy lawyer day" which is wrong. She's confusing non traditional jobs within her scope of practice and just having any job and while having a degree. As some one who has a professional degree and works in a non traditional field it bugs me.

My job title is still the same as all my professional school classmates but what I do isn't what you traditionally expect. I still use my clinical knowledge and someone without my training couldn't do my job, all my co-workers have the same training as me and to be hired for our jobs we have to be licensed . If I lose my license I will lose my job. Elle's job is different bc her title at her old job wasnt a lawyer or attorney or council title. Her co workers didn't need a JD or LLB to do the job. Maybe it helped Elle out But being registered with the bar Association wasn't a requirement for her job.

.Legally she is a lawyer in Canada, but she didn't work as one. And I think that's a distinction not everyone sees a difference in. You learn a lot in practice no matter what job you do. That's the reason why for some physician residency programs are so long. Some are up to 7 years before you can practice and be board certified. Because your schooling isn't everything, a lot of it is learning from other professionals who have more experience.

The same reason why I wouldn't hire Rick to defend me if I was wrongfully arrested, he's got no experience in it. Legally can he defend me? Yes, but doesn't mean he SHOULD.

Reactions: 14
Based on what she said in last week's video, I'm guessing no video today...

Reactions: 5
I glanced through the comments and it's possible that many people who responded are in a similar position as Elle though (got a degree in something the easy way such as online degree or foreign law school that required no LSATs and was at an undergraduate level instead of the normal three years of a JD in the U.S.) and present themselves similarly, so the topic rubbed them the wrong way.
Lots of practicing lawyers in the US have NOT taken the LSATs. In California, you do not even have to go to law school, just have 60 units of undergrad (can come from Community College) then get an attorney to let you "Read the law" with them pass the Baby Bar and then the regular bar, but no, that is not "the easy way". I would never consider someone who passed the California bar, who did not take LSATs anything but an attorney. Passing the bar is passing the bar.

In the US, a lawyer is someone who passed law school and an attorney is someone who passed the bar. You can be an attorney without ever going to law school. Now is there a difference between an attorney and a practicing attorney, sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I agree with @Notelle but maybe it's because it is close to home. Now I got my undergraduate degree in teaching, was licensed to teach in 2 states but never taught so no, I did NOT call myself a teacher. However I don't think I have an issue with an MD or JD who passed the bar but never practiced using the doctor/lawyer titles because there is just so much work to them. I mean they shouldn't act like that's their job if they are not practicing (and certainly shouldn't be giving advice on how to work in that profession) but I mean moreso saying it as a character trait.

Also, I don't know what Elle's former employer was like but perhaps they really did want people with law degrees? I am not saying that's the case but I know I interviewed for a job with a very well-known company where I learned it was not a lawyer position (or even in the legal department) yet I can tell you from what they wanted done you would have had to be a lawyer (but no being licensed was not a requirement). I didn't take the job because of that, as I have been a lawyer and was not looking to divert, but I mention it for context.

That said, @Drasticactions I agree there are limits. I am an in-house attorney so I make it very clear that anyone I know better not get into any serious legal trouble because I certainly can't get them out of jail. I always say I am not a "real" attorney.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.