Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure she'll be disappointed there's no Cheescake Factory in Italy. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Where are you Elle? Are we not getting another video? It's nearly been a month!
She probably realized it's time to fold her "businesses" so there's no point in vlogging. Following her Redneck Riviera vlog, her sales of those pedestrian-looking, scandalously overpriced earring were probably in single digits at best, more likely at zero, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall her having even introduced this season's scarf "collection".

Reactions: 6
I'm sure she'll be disappointed there's no Cheescake Factory in Italy. :LOL:
LOL. I am patiently waiting for her mispronunciations. I still remember the video with Chris where she was at a cafe and was waxing lyrical about Italian pastries and totally butchered "sfogliatella". It was glorious.
---
Elle: "Pahh-meee-shan aa-regg-ianoooo, grazzzzziieeeee"

Server: "Ummm... we have parmesan"
"No, no. I want pahhhhhhhr-meee-shannn-ohhh ray-gee-aahhhh-noooouuu."

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The brilliant comedian Sabrina Brier has filled the GRWM shaped hole in my heart formerly occupied by Elle!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I went to an open house today and I looked at my husband and said "it looks like Elle decorated this place". It had A LOT of stuff and some very old stuffy looking stuff with some more modern pieces in a very strange manner...oh and it smelled like cats.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I went to an open house today and I looked at my husband and said "it looks like Elle decorated this place". It had A LOT of stuff and some very old stuffy looking stuff with some more modern pieces in a very strange manner...oh and it smelled like cats.
You going to buy it? 😺

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You just don't get her vision... Art Deco meets glam meets rustic meets fishing fetish meets Italian heritage meets West Elm cosplay meets heirlooms from Ginette meets $100 candle signature scent meets Joe's wallet and the $900 dining room chairs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That she included herself in the sentence "celebrate Father's Day for the first time" wasn't lost on me.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
That she included herself in the sentence "celebrate Father's Day for the first time" wasn't lost on me.
That line actually made me feel really bad/sad for her. I think it just shows how much she really feels she missed out on not having a father present and how much she values Mr Fisherman just being there.

Reactions: 12
That line actually made me feel really bad/sad for her. I think it just shows how much she really feels she missed out on not having a father present and how much she values Mr Fisherman just being there.
Yeah that really solidifies our theories about why she is the way she is with relationships - how she jumps quickly from one to another and how she attaches herself (moving in, etc) "at a rapid clip" to the next guy.

Actually Elle, the correct caption would be 'Celebrating his first Father's day.' But of course we know that Gigi exists because on your own you couldn't get him to propose. Likewise, he exists to fill the void left by your father. You don't really love him for who he is. You latched on to every man willing to look your way. You would have married anyone. Four live-in relationships in 6.5 years! Go to THERAPY.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Go to THERAPY.
1000% this. She needs to unpack why she's coped with her non-existent father in various ways (too much shopping, desperate relationships and marriage engagements, narcissism in her relationship with her mother) and start to address the issue.

She also can't take a decent photo of the child. Is it that hard to get a photo where she's actually smiling?

In celebration of Elle's motherhood, a new title suggestion. To honor her heritage, I used the Italian, French, Dutch/Belgian and British words for mother. You know Elle doesn't want to be a plain old mom when she can be exotic maman 😂

Elle Florence #19: Madre, Mère, Moeder and Mum: Bringing Up Bebe One Fishing Trip at a Time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It is so sad. My mom didn't really have a dad growing up and she turned out fine. But my mom also did meet and experienced first hand the awfulness that was her father. Elle must not have had many good friends growing up. I had friends with dad's who weren't good at being dad's. And I had friends who their parents should've divorced years ago and put their kids through hell. I know she prob thinks she missed out not having her dad in the picture. But having one loving dedicated parent is more than some kids get. Plenty of people have two parents that are physically there but emotional absent. The fact that her mother was there and put her through school and all those after school activities is way more than lots of kids get. Sure her mom is still problematic but you can't deny that she loves Elle.

I second the vote for therapy. And I think she needs a gratitude journal. Shopping and the husband badge doesn't make you happy. She needs to look inside and figure out why she's not happy.

She has gotten amazing advice for years and instead of changing, she found new ways to manipulate. It is not normal to have to use a baby to get a man. Or to take a special occasion for your husband and make it about you.
If Elle admitted that her fear of rejection has negatively impacted her life, she could change. Otherwise she is going to continue to ruin relationships just like she has in the past. Between her mom always being there and her selfishness, there is probably very little room for Fisherman in the relationship. The fact that Elle viewed Father's day as her first is sickening. I've known men who were married to women like Elle. They always cheat! While cheating is wrong, there are instances where you can understand why it happened. If they split up I will not feel sorry for her.

While I would normally feel sorry for someone with her circumstances, I do not at all feel sorry for her. She has done some pretty horrible things in the past (scamming, lying, manipulating, etc. etc.)
Just because she has experienced trauma does not excuse her crappy behavior. Plenty of people who have experienced tough times and still managed to do vile things like she has. She has no excuses for her bad behavior.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.