Elle Florence #17 Unplanned pregnancymas: A #girlboss guide to creating a life you want to hide

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How did she get Joe and Chris to pay all the rent and house bills? I didn’t watch during the Chris period but I was there for the Joe period. I just can’t imagine anyone agreeing to pay for everything. Was anyone able to figure out the rent on a condo like theirs?

Reactions: 2
I thought Elle said in a video that Ginette's mother owned a successful cosmetics shop in Europe.
Yes, it was a cosmetics shop in Belgium. Not exactly Estee Lauder but maybe they did make some money selling it. Remember that Ginette hasn't worked in at least 15 years so it must have been a big pot of money to support them. Ginette doesn't have crazy tastes but she also doesn't live like someone on a fixed budget. She drives an (old) Jaguar but still, you are paying a lot for the brand name. She was buying Elle Burberry coats and Tiffany jewelry (silver and gold-plated but still, Tiffany is not exactly cheap) in college. They are either sitting on a huge pot of money and can be carefree with their spending or they are both clueless and don't realize the money will run out.

Reactions: 3
Yes, it was a cosmetics shop in Belgium. Not exactly Estee Lauder but maybe they did make some money selling it. Remember that Ginette hasn't worked in at least 15 years so it must have been a big pot of money to support them. Ginette doesn't have crazy tastes but she also doesn't live like someone on a fixed budget. She drives an (old) Jaguar but still, you are paying a lot for the brand name. She was buying Elle Burberry coats and Tiffany jewelry (silver and gold-plated but still, Tiffany is not exactly cheap) in college. They are either sitting on a huge pot of money and can be carefree with their spending or they are both clueless and don't realize the money will run out.
Oh, they do realize, that's why Elle has been so desperate for years to marry someone who can support her.

Reactions: 6
How did she get Joe and Chris to pay all the rent and house bills? I didn’t watch during the Chris period but I was there for the Joe period. I just can’t imagine anyone agreeing to pay for everything. Was anyone able to figure out the rent on a condo like theirs?
Chris owned his place so I don’t think he and Elle would have considered that she contribute to his mortgage, especially since they weren’t even married and she wasn’t on the deed. Elle also lived there for an extremely short amount of time so anything bills related probably wasn’t ironed out. Or possibly Chris was just tired of footing the bill for her, LMAO. 🤣🤣🤣 As for Joe, they probably did what a lot of couples do, they worked out a way to pay bills based on their individual income and contributed that way. He was crazy enough to move in with her within a year of dating, so it’s not hard for me to imagine him agreeing to paying the bulk of the rent and whatnot. She probably contributed her share of bills based on her investigator salary only, even though she was making decent money with her channel and her side gigs at that time.

As far as how much money Elle has, if anyone has figured out the name of her grandparents’ cosmetics shop or who Elle’s godfather is or what type of career Ginette had, I still don’t think Elle’s got a ton of money or has wealth. If she were really that rich, we would know about it by now, given that she’s been on YouTube for like, what, 12 years? The fact that she is purposely vague about her background and that no one can figure it out makes me think she’s just middle/upper middle class, which is completely OK, BTW!!! I’m not rich either in case anyone thinks I’m being elitist here. 🙄

I’ve watched a lot of other youtubers and I’ve noticed most followers have been able to figure out what kind of background they come from or what their family/spouse makes. I mean, take LVloverCC, people knew her husband was a doctor for YEARS just based on Google alone, meanwhile Elle has been trying to pull everyone’s chain that she’s a “lawyer” and shops without giving a damn that Joe foots the bill on the household. 🤣🤣🤣 Same with Sophie Shohet, her husband makes a ton of money and she makes a decent income, too, with her real-life job. There’s also another youtuber (British), can’t think of her name but I believe people found out she came from wealth based on her parents’ name…? Better yet, if any of you follow the Try Guys from Buzzfeed, people figured out Ariel Fulmer came from wealth based on her maiden name. Anyway, my point is if we can’t figure out what Elle’s grandma’s shop is, it probably wasn’t even well-known or as successful as Elle makes it out to be.

I also wanted to add in no way am I saying Elle is working class. She’s got a TON of privileges most people couldn’t afford. But I think the money is bound to run out sooner or later. She’s clearly had to adjust her spending. She might have bought a $1k stroller, but her husband couldn’t get her that 3 carat engagement ring nor could she bobble her head wearing Hermes Orans in the park. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Elle is just an average girl ( aside from money and privileges whish she did NOTHING to earn ) who, for years, has tried to spend her way into appearing and feeling "speshul." Ginette would need to be sitting on a HUGE pile of cash and investments to support their lifestyle through interest and dividends alone. We are talking multi-millionaire asset level, which is very unlikely. They are likely spending down the principal on any money they received, and that means the money will eventually run out. Hence Elle's eleventh hour act of desperation.

She probably contributed her share of bills based on her investigator salary only, even though she was making decent money with her channel and her side gigs at that time.
Elle could have also told him her salary was lower than it was. That's harsh but I don't put anything past someone who is so blatantly greedy and extremely cheap with others.

I get the feeling Elle is the type of customer to tip $5 on a $150 meal 😂😂

• Sad
The way she spends….yeah they’re going to run out of money. All for nothing. What’s the point?

Reactions: 3
Not to sound like a snob, but the fact is with the way property has increased in the last 30-40 years in places like Vancouver and Toronto, anyone who bought a decent sized house in a good neighbourhood back then when it was affordable will be a multimillionaire by now. But the thing is your cash is tied to your property so if you sell it, that's it. This includes everyone who lives in certain suburbs in Vancouver and Toronto, covering large swathes of population.

You can't have inter-generational wealth if you are not generating income and investing, only spending. If Ginette had been working any job that covers basics then for the last 30 years, she wouldn't have needed to touch the main pot, and she'd be better off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Girls, someone finally stick to her words and upload on Monday!!😲😲😲 She is one frumpy mess.
I hate to say it but girl has fallen far. I use to binge watch her videos for fun and she had a pretty exciting life back then in Vancouver - fancy brunches, Lululemon outfits, Vancouver club, trips to UK and the USA, going to see her mother in their big house in Victoria, outlet shopping... But now her life is depressing. I'm wondering, is she happy?

This woman seriously doesn't realize that Silpats can be washed. And should be. Baking sheet should be washed too. The baked on grime and grease is just disgusting.

I don't understand a vlogmas where you literally just cook and eat. She barely left her home and was alone the entire time.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Also her saying OPI Bogota blackberry wrong. She said Bogota like "pagoda" . And I only knew it was an opi color (she didn't explain) bc I follow a lot of nail art creators.

She's never washed that nasty sil-pat . Her life feels so empty shopping and eating. Shopping and then eating again. With a Hallmark movie thrown in

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I personally think it is disgusting and very transparent that she has a restock right before a video. I get it she wants to make her coins but it seems like the only time she makes a video is to promote her crappy wares. Ugh!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s only posting a video because she has new ugly scarves that she didn’t “design” to sell. She wouldn’t have bothered otherwise.

most of her videos are ads for her business.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.