Elle Florence #17 Unplanned pregnancymas: A #girlboss guide to creating a life you want to hide

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She will launch a kullekshon of scarves for new mothers to celebrate her child's arrival. And then something for mother's day. I can imagine her preaching to her subscribers: 'Since becoming a mom to Pearl Rose Baguette Lecocq Gumpstump, I realized how important self-care and treating oneself is. My daughter can't be happy if her mom isn't happy and relaxed. That's why I decided to quit the rat race- it would be too hard to work and take care of my daughter. From now on I'll be a full time SAHM curtesy of Papa Fishy but in reality of Spermbrows, my dear maman, my rock and gold mine, an ex-financial whizz who can never say no to me'.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Does she even work anymore?
Her obfuscation and lack of clarity around her current 'job' says everything. It's not a conventional job and it seems like she works when she pleases, which is rarely. Elle hasn't held a full-time job since the spring of 2019! The longer someone is out of the workforce the harder it is to get back in. I doubt Elle is ever going to work a full-time job again. She can be the middle-class, conservative, Seattle suburbs version of a lady who lunches (at Town & Country Market because the country club is out of the budget).

Reactions: 15
I am so happy that the holiday season is upon us and that Elle's life will never ever be what it once was! No more two week Christmas break lounging around Hawaii while Ginette takes her shopping every day. Between the baby trap and the shotgun wedding, Fisherman is probably fantasizing about pulling a Joe and packing his bags. I would love to have seen the look on his face when Elle announced that she expects an engagement ring and a push present. She's spent her whole life being self-indulgent and stingy with others and now she'll be forced to actually be loving towards someone else or look like a giant asshole.
I really don't think she wanted a baby. I think she sensed that it was the only way to get him to marry her and she saw a baby as a way to cement them together forever. She must be shitting herself now.

Reactions: 17
I really don't think she wanted a baby. I think she sensed that it was the only way to get him to marry her and she saw a baby as a way to cement them together forever. She must be shitting herself now.
Elle has a pretty powerful ability to convince herself that her schemes are just fine and will end with her being happy. When the baby arrives, and she finds once again that her plan did not work, she's going to do what she always does and demand that others (Mama G, and this time around Fisherman) throw money at the problem until it gets close enough to fixed.

For the future au pair who finds this forum and eventually makes an account here to vent about her crazy boss, we are here for you dear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Thanks for the video sharing. I want to know what happened to Elle’s glue finger art, lots of money spent on the precious raksha beads art work….only to be abandoned on site ?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The narcissism is OFF THE CHARTS. I'm watching one of her girlboss vlogs and she has so many pictures of just herself on her fridge lol.

Does Elle remind anyone else of Hilaria Baldwin? With the fake back stories and accents and wanting to be more "exotic"?
Now that you mention it, the (personality) resemblance is uncanny.

Reactions: 4
I am so happy that the holiday season is upon us and that Elle's life will never ever be what it once was! No more two week Christmas break lounging around Hawaii while Ginette takes her shopping every day. Between the baby trap and the shotgun wedding, Fisherman is probably fantasizing about pulling a Joe and packing his bags. I would love to have seen the look on his face when Elle announced that she expects an engagement ring and a push present. She's spent her whole life being self-indulgent and stingy with others and now she'll be forced to actually be loving towards someone else or look like a giant asshole.
I think she wanted a daughter in the same way she wanted to become an attorney. What she really wanted was an easy, low-effort job with a prestigious title. When she got a taste of working as an attorney, she quickly realized that high pressure and responsibilities are not for her but still desperately tried for years to cling on to the perceived prestige that comes with the title. I suspect she approached parenting in the same way - she wanted a living doll to play dress-up and room decoration with and later a soulmate she could develop a co-dependent relationship with just like the one she has with her mother. This time around her problem will be - she won't have an option of getting a much easier job in a parent-adjacent field and claiming she's a wonderful mother.

Reactions: 14
I remember Elle always wanting to be a mom, particularly to a girl because she liked the name Vera. I always thought the name Vera sounded old, but that’s just me! Anyway, given that she’s in her mid thirties she probably thought she was running out of time for a husband and kids so she forced herself and Fishy on both.

She always seems to view outcomes in rose colored lenses. She’s in for a big surprise when the Fishlette is born and becomes her own person! 🤣🤣🤣

Btw, I completely forgot about those Elle selfies on the fridge. Her vanity was at its peak during Joe! We don’t see that anymore. Everything in her life has been a shitshow so I guess she’s gotten more humble?! Lmao, maybe not…. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Does anyone have any of the Rick era vlogs/vlogmas that were not when they were traveling? Or the one where she is at her mom’s house talking about how happy she is after Joe?

Reactions: 8
I am dying for the Rick-era video where they go to Disney and where Rick compared her burnt macaroni to philosophical enlightenment.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Absolutely, but I think you spelled 'Mama G' wrong. ;)
We know the drill. Elle will want to go "look" at the designer shops. She'll film herself modelling bags and try to get her mom involved. "Isn't this lambskin leather stunning, mom? I just can't have little Vera Kate Middleton Ginny Lecocq-Grumstrump exposed to cheap leather." Then the video cuts to Elle unboxing the bag, hands shaking and eyes bulging out of the sockets as the dopamine hits her system.

• Haha
Oh my god. I didn’t appreciate Rick era enough at the time. It must be wild for her to look back at that and realize that was actually her life, and it was her horrible decisions that got her there.

Her spiral isn’t over yet though!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh my god. I didn’t appreciate Rick era enough at the time. It must be wild for her to look back at that and realize that was actually her life, and it was her horrible decisions that got her there.

Her spiral isn’t over yet though!
At least with Ricky they didn't have to rent :p

• Haha
Reactions: 8
At least with Ricky they didn't have to rent :p
Yeah they just had wine box furniture and just OJ in the fridge. LOL.

Confession: I couldn't stand the Rick era so hardly watched any of the videos. That guy gave me the heebie-jeebies. I did see the one where he was running into the restaurant at a swift clip...

And the one where she gave Rick the same David’s tea mug she gave Joe…
Wonder if she'll gift her new in-laws rodent Christmas ornaments?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.