Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed on all that's been said about Elle and her lack of interest or passion about anything, work and otherwise. The only thing I will say is that for some reason, she seems to be pretty good at holding down a job...like the Vancouver job she had for 5 years and now this current role at this law firm. Also, I noticed that after years of not teaching her Contracts class at this point, she's still listed as an adjunct professor on that school's website...maybe she's good at sucking up?
I don’t think the current job is even a real job. Doesn’t she pay for that desk? I could be wrong but I don’t even think she cares about being a lawyer. It’s just an image she likes to portray much like everything else about her.

I know I was harsh when I said I didn’t think the real her (if there is an authenticity within her) isn’t worth liking, but she doesn’t have much to offer outside her ability to shop and make pretty. It would be a little more forgivable if she were nice or made a little effort to be more generous (instead of giving away perfume samples and her scarves and jewelry as gifts), but she’s childishly selfish and sometimes bitchy.

Would any of you date a male version of Elle? I’d say most of you probably not and say he’s a spoiled Mama’s boy. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 6
It's easy to just be... mediocre. Mediocre people don't get fired. They always do just enough to get by.

She's also someone who is the weird combination of book smart and extremely ditzy, so she always volunteered to get more certifications and such.
Exactly, nobody is going to fire you if you're just average. You may not be getting promoted but if you aren't making horrible errors that affect your employer's finances and reputation, you may well spend your entire working life in the same cubicle.

It's easy to just be... mediocre. Mediocre people don't get fired. They always do just enough to get by.

She's also someone who is the weird combination of book smart and extremely ditzy, so she always volunteered to get more certifications and such.
It was also a very relaxed work environment when you watch her old videos. I don't think anyone there worked themselves like crazy. Elle could clearly leave whenever she wanted for a coffee or to run an errand. Most people wouldn't because it might send the wrong impression but if she did it for five years I don't think anyone ever said anything to her.

I don't understand the new job, it's clearly not a 9-5 thing, but it's not impressive. Once her mother started to pay her bills Elle's work ethic went right out the window. She should be saving and investing and being sensible. I doubt Elle has any sort of retirement savings or even an emergency fund. Those two are so dim and juvenile with money, it's embarrassing. Stop buying Chanel bags and stop getting your mother to buy them for you.

I think in elle's mind everything is a fairy tale, or a hallmark movie. She's the busy business women who is going to meet someone who will fall in love with her and teach her the true meaning of Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was also a very relaxed work environment when you watch her old videos. I don't think anyone there worked themselves like crazy. Elle could clearly leave whenever she wanted for a coffee or to run an errand. Most people wouldn't because it might send the wrong impression but if she did it for five years I don't think anyone ever said anything to her.
TBH I think that is the perfect job for her.

Reactions: 1
Very true points, all the points raised. That it's not hard to stay employed by just hanging out and doing the bare minimum. I truly have no idea what she does at her current job. We do know that she has read a book about tech contracts (she made sure to mention this several times), so that's definitely a major client draw right there.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know a lawyer who works as an in-house lawyer in contract law for an housing and apartment rental / selling agency. I think Elle should look into areas like this. It's 9-5 definitely.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I know a lawyer who works as an in-house lawyer in contract law for an housing and apartment rental / selling agency. I think Elle should look into areas like this. It's 9-5 definitely.
The problem is she liked to portray the image that she was a hard-working securities lawyer, when in reality she was a cubicle dweller with no scope for growth. She had even called her mom, who hasn’t worked in the last 20 years a financial whiz.

The problem is she liked to portray the image that she was a hard-working securities lawyer, when in reality she was a cubicle dweller with no scope for growth. She had even called her mom, who hasn’t worked in the last 20 years a financial whiz.
Her mom must be a financial wiz. If you can live that kind of jet set lifestyle for twenty years and not work you must be doing something right.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her mom must be a financial wiz. If you can live that kind of jet set lifestyle for twenty years and not work you must be doing something right.
That’s the way Elle is living too, at a larger scale than Ginette. Elle isn’t a financial whiz.

Reactions: 4
What if Elle is off the internet because Fisherman wants her to? Maybe they're actually in a good, serious relationship and he's given her the ultimatum of "tone down your internet presence" before marriage or something like that?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What if Elle is off the internet because Fisherman wants her to? Maybe they're actually in a good, serious relationship and he's given her the ultimatum of "tone down your internet presence" before marriage or something like that?
I just think if that was the case she would post a “goodbye” YouTube video and won’t have promised in the last video that she would be blogging some of the trip. Elle needs her online presence to sell her scarves. I think Elle and Fisherman have broken up, and her scarves aren’t selling like they use to anymore so she just isn’t doing as many collections.

Reactions: 10
Elle just wrote a few hours ago that she has been travelling and working. WTF is that supposed to mean? Guess we'll know by next week.
Might mean she has been doing lots of work with international clients, talking to her mam in Hawaii counts as international right?
She could also be setting up a new collection, maybe fish inspired pearls?
Maybe fisherman could get her a pearl engagement ring? 😻💍🎊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Might mean she has been doing lots of work with international clients, talking to her mam in Hawaii counts as international right?
She could also be setting up a new collection, maybe fish inspired pearls?
Maybe fisherman could get her a pearl engagement ring? 😻💍🎊
We'll know when she gets a video up (if she does. She says "hoping."). Then we'll know for sure if she broke up or not - if she doesn't upload a video, she broke up. If she does upload a video and she never went to Florida she broke up. The only way she and the Fishman are still together is if she uploads a video and she went to Florida with him.

But the way Elle responds, "I'm great, thanks for asking" to a woman who asks "are you OK darling?" makes me think she did break up.

• Heart
  • Haha
It is her mission in life to hide the fact that she got dumped yet again. She lives to brag. No Florida vlogging/photos = no relationship. And we all know Elle certainly didn't do the dumping.

If that's the case I'm out of here. It would mean Elle has finally taken some good advice from someone who cares about her (although there are unhealthy, controlling reasons someone would ask her to get offline, but you specify good, serious relationship so I am going with that instead) and is finally addressing the issues that led to her life circling the drain for years now.

I would feel waaaaay too mean to keep making fun of her if she was really attempting to address why she's been so unhappy and stop bragging and overselling her life on the internet. If she came back after she found true happiness and made her channel about authenticity, good or bad, it would be an amazing youtube channel that I would unironically enjoy.

If that's the case I'm out of here. It would mean Elle has finally taken some good advice from someone who cares about her (although there are unhealthy, controlling reasons someone would ask her to get offline, but you specify good, serious relationship so I am going with that instead) and is finally addressing the issues that led to her life circling the drain for years now.

I would feel waaaaay too mean to keep making fun of her if she was really attempting to address why she's been so unhappy and stop bragging and overselling her life on the internet. If she came back after she found true happiness and made her channel about authenticity, good or bad, it would be an amazing youtube channel that I would unironically enjoy.
Well we know she reads here and might actually follow through and do something authentic contentwise. Even if she is broken up, the authentic angle would be great. Who hasn't been dumped more than once, who hasn't settled down in a good job, who doesn't need help from one's parents? If she came clean and exposed the bs of the influencer life, she'd go from zero to hero so fast.

While we are waiting, where are the joe videos? Did she delete them? If so, any one have back up? Lol

Reactions: 3
Rick listed his house for $297K last year this time, when houses were flying off the shelves, and were getting 20% over-asking cash offers on the day of listing, at least. You couldn’t get a house if your life depended on it this time last year. They were selling like hot cakes, and the market was so hot, people were even knocking on my doors offering to buy my primary residence (we aren’t even planning on moving, so we didn’t even consider their offers, but it was flattering).
His house sat there for over two months before selling for $17K LESS THAN his initial listing.
In classic Rick fashion, he thinks so highly of himself, his “luxury European SUV, *HEH HEH*” (that’s what he called it in one of his mansplain videos), and anything he touches. He really views himself as a catch, and everything he owns as being elite — just read the description on his Zillow listing (a quick search of his name + Winter Haven will lead you to the address, starts with “215”).
But the rest of the world can see how pathetic he is, and how much he inflates and exaggerates everything.

I wish so badly that he and Elle would get back together and have babies. They really were perfect for each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.