Elle Florence #15 Bottle Blonde and Chanel by the Pond, How Long until Fisherman Figures Out the Con?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also Elle never worked in law, big or small. She was an investigator at an agency that regulates stockbrokers.
This. And yet people still defended her during her era of "I'm in house securities counsel!!!!!" lies. She worked at a government regulator's office. She was not "in house counsel."

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The funny thing is is how Elle goes on and on about how Ginette is a strong woman and how she herself is a strong woman but both of these women are opposite of strong. They are scammers and free loaders. Note how Elle says G is the "strongest woman I know". Lol!

Hey maybe she gets out of this one only costing her the hair. The last one cost her Vancouver, her job, her sorority, etc.
Rick was the WORST. He pretended to be engaged to Elle (maybe it was genuine though?) and Elle fell for it hook, line and sink.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
The funny thing is is how Elle goes on and on about how Ginette is a strong woman and how she herself is a strong woman but both of these women are opposite of strong. They are scammers and free loaders. Note how Elle says G is the "strongest woman I know". Lol!

Rick was the WORST. He pretended to be engaged to Elle (maybe it was genuine though?) and Elle fell for it hook, line and sink.
What do you mean he pretended to be engaged to her? She got a ring albeit an ugly one at that. That’s not a fake engagement. He came off as a very insecure guy with narcissistic tendencies. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to have control over her hence giving her a ring asap. Not that Elle is any better but still.

What do you mean he pretended to be engaged to her? She got a ring albeit an ugly one at that. That’s not a fake engagement. He came off as a very insecure guy with narcissistic tendencies. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wanted to have control over her hence giving her a ring asap. Not that Elle is any better but still.
I'm not sure Rick ever intended to marry Elle. He probably wanted control and to flatter his own ego. I mean did they ever set a date for the wedding?

IME you never move cities for a guy, maybe unless you have a wedding date and a ring. Rick didn't even have a job so why couldn't he move to Vancouver. Vancouver is so much nicer than that hick town Rick was living in and much safer - in fact it is often ranked the #1 city to live in the world.

I mean Rick lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere, Winter Haven to be exact. Where are the jobs there??? He could have found some cushy job a la Elle in Vancouver making more than he was making in Florida really easily. He could have made $50,000 in any desk job (not sure how much Elle was making at MDFA but suppose it is about $65,000). He could have also rented out his house in Florda. Their combined income and Mamma G's handouts would have made them comfortable. Elle has no idea how to live well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I think Rick intended to marry her. But like lotty I think he just wanted someone to control. Guys like that want to feel like they have control And power over someone/something. It is gross and I hate it. But Elle was willing enough to do it. He came off as controlling to me, so I'm sure elle was happy to be free of him in a way. But being married was more important to her. If he hadn't broken up with her I'm sure they'd be married bc she wouldn't have left that.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure Rick ever intended to marry Elle. He probably wanted control and to flatter his own ego. I mean did they ever set a date for the wedding?

IME you never move cities for a guy, maybe unless you have a wedding date and a ring. Rick didn't even have a job so why couldn't he move to Vancouver. Vancouver is so much nicer than that hick town Rick was living in and much safer - in fact it is often ranked the #1 city to live in the world.

I mean Rick lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere, Winter Haven to be exact. Where are the jobs there??? He could have found some cushy job a la Elle in Vancouver making more than he was making in Florida really easily. He could have made $50,000 in any desk job (not sure how much Elle was making at MDFA but suppose it is about $65,000). He could have also rented out his house in Florda. Their combined income and Mamma G's handouts would have made them comfortable. Elle has no idea how to live well.
I don’t recall but I’m pretty sure they did. They were supposed to be married either spring or summer of 2020.

Also I don’t think you understand how hard it is for an American to come and work in Canada, especially when his experience isn’t very great and work isn’t high in demand. It’s easier for Elle to come over as she is already a US Citizen. Not to mention it’s easier for him to isolate Elle in his bumfuck Florida home and probably prefers the country over the city, as nice as Vancouver probably is. He has no benefit coming over to Canada.

I get that Rick probably never loved Elle in the genuine sense, but I don’t know how he could fake an engagement. Again, he wanted to have control over Elle and the way to do it is to put a ring on it. If there is anyone who’d be likely to not marry Elle it’s Fishboy, but who knows if he’s in the picture or not these days.

I think Rick intended to marry her. But like lotty I think he just wanted someone to control. Guys like that want to feel like they have control And power over someone/something. It is gross and I hate it. But Elle was willing enough to do it. He came off as controlling to me, so I'm sure elle was happy to be free of him in a way. But being married was more important to her. If he hadn't broken up with her I'm sure they'd be married bc she wouldn't have left that.
Exactly.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Fisherman is too much of a catch for Elle. He has a good job and seems like a nice guy from his ex's instagram posts. I personally would be wary of marrying into any family with people who hunt and own guns though. That's just... not my thing.

I think Fisherman is too much of a catch for Elle. He has a good job and seems like a nice guy from his ex's instagram posts. I personally would be wary of marrying into any family with people who hunt and own guns though. That's just... not my thing.
Yeah but any guy would be wary of marrying into Elle's family, a family of women who rely on men for income and support, doesn't work, spends money like water, clutters their home with $hit (can't even walk in Elle's apartments).

• Haha
I agree with Rick needing to feel he is in a position of power and control with his partners. He comes off as someone who thinks he is so much better than everyone he meets. I don’t know if Rick ever really did love Elle, he maybe loves the idea of her. Elle definitely did not love Rick. I think she was just so desperate for a man, and she could spin the story so Rick was somewhat presentable (job in law, meant at Oxford) so she went with it. In reality Rick was no catch, he worked a low paying job, and went to Oxford on the same exchange program as Elle did (not really getting into and attending Oxford). Remember the Reddit post on their breakup? One of Ricks exes wife’s friends commented that he was a loser.

Elle should have gone to therapy and quit the internet after Rick. Whatever his faults, I think it was nice of him to take her to Disney World for her birthday even though I'm sure by that point he was ready to dump her. She's deleted the video but I recall a clip where she was looking at Disney shirts and she told him he could buy her one. It was such a childish thing to demand a souvenir. Elle has always acted like a brat.
At least Rick has some sense of self. He realized he didn't want to be with her forever and broke up with her. I don't believe Elle has ever ended a relationship. She's too desperate.

Reactions: 11
Elle should have gone to therapy and quit the internet after Rick.
Agree. I think she could have gotten away with just therapy and cutting back on the internet after the Joe breakup, but the Rick fiasco required drastic measures that she clearly did not take.

I think we all know we'll be sitting here in a year or two talking about what she should have done to fix things (but did not) after the Fisherman breakup.

• Haha
Ok I have no proof of this, but when Elle doesn't post my imagination runs away and I come up with weird tit.

I suspect ginette got hush money/child support from elle's dad, and I think elle's prob learned her bad dating behavior from ginette. I wouldn't be surprised if ginette got money out of her "step father" Neil the guy she was with when Chris was still in the picture.

Elle's a scammer and I bet she learned that from her mom. Wouldn't be surprised if that's how ginette managed to no work all this time. She wasn't working when Elle was In Uni bc she moved to the UK and Im assuming that's when she met Neil and lived there with him. So that's close to 15 years of not working.

Maybe they are both counting on bagging a rich guy and if ginette can't she'll go live with elle and her spouse. If Eric fisherman isnt in the picture anymore then why were they all the way down in Redmond for mothers day lunch when Elle lives on Bainbridge? Maybe mama G has her claws in someone down there? The whole thing is weird to me. I'm sure there are closer places they could've gone to eat at, esp if they both are on Bainbridge. But I guess if you don't have a real job you have all day to drive out of your way for lunch
I’ve always wondered if she’d take the mama G route if she’s still single by a certain age. Elle is a mess but she actually had a very idyllic childhood.

Reactions: 3
I’ve always wondered if she’d take the mama G route if she’s still single by a certain age. Elle is a mess but she actually had a very idyllic childhood.
Unlikely. Non of the guys Elle dates (maybe except Chris depending on how much he sold his app for) would make enough money to pay for child support to keep Elle in the lifestyle she would like or which she was accustomed to in her idyllic childhood - like a 2 million dollar house, private school for the kids, vacations every year staying in luxury accommodations, nice restaurants, handbags from Chanel, etc.. Not Joe or the Fisherman. Joe is in small private practice law now and unless you're one of those rainmakers, unlikely to make that much money, probably just comfortable (I'm being realistic here). I don't know about the Fisherman but an average engineer with a bachelor's degree is probably making low 6 figures with the work experience he has.

You can take a guy to court but for most men, child support is about $10,000-$20,000 per year if it's court mandated (that's how much a court decides is reasonably child support, + maybe college tuition if he can afford it). Unless you get knocked up by a real rich guy (I mean like a celebrity or an owner / CEO of a decent sized business), you're unlikely to be getting that much money.

I think deep down Elle wants the fairy tale ending, with a house, 2 kids dog and a white picket fence and kids after a wedding. That's why she dates single men within her age range. She doesn't target say really rich married men for one night stands (or not that we know of). And to be honest, non of the guys she dates (except Chris) were all that rich.

Reactions: 6
The funny thing is - she was enthusiastic to go to FL to endure stinking day after day, yet for THREE YEARS she couldn't have been bothered to come to FL to arrange for transfer of her stuff that, as far as we can tell, is still rotting in storage there. Instead of wasting Ginette's retirement money on a $300 bottle after a $300 bottle of Tom Ford perfume (I recall she mentioned in her last video that she ordered this bottle during Sephora sale because her old bottle was "completely empty" - no wonder, considering how much she had to spray to cancel out the stink of fish), she would have been far better off using this money to have gone to FL to recover her perfume collection before it goes bad (it probably already has by now).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would still love to know then details and timeline of her and Rick's relationship. It definitely seems like it moved at lighting speed, but how much time did she spend at Rick's FL house, where she'd ultimately move? What was the motivation for her to move there? They weren't together all that long beforehand, I've known couples who have been long distance way long than they were. Especially for two "professionals" who you'd think would have enough disposable income to meet up a couple of times a month. I just keep getting flashbacks of them in Lowes looking for xmas lights and candid Elle sounding like a teenager with her ditsy/bitchy voice and know it all attitude.

The funny thing is - she was enthusiastic to go to FL to endure stinking day after day, yet for THREE YEARS she couldn't have been bothered to come to FL to arrange for transfer of her stuff that, as far as we can tell, is still rotting in storage there. Instead of wasting Ginette's retirement money on a $300 bottle after a $300 bottle of Tom Ford perfume (I recall she mentioned in her last video that she ordered this bottle during Sephora sale because her old bottle was "completely empty" - no wonder, considering how much she had to spray to cancel out the stink of fish), she would have been far better off using this money to have gone to FL to recover her perfume collection before it goes bad (it probably already has by now).
Actually hauling stuff country wide (continent wide really) is very very expensive. It's going to cost at least $10,000-$20,000 easily, probably more. Most people I know who did it had their work cover the expenses or they rented a U-Haul themselves and drove. When my parents moved, it cost $20,000 to move everything in their house (dinning room furniture, bedroom set) and that was 15 years ago; they had a normal 3-bedroom house, not a mansion or anything.

Actually hauling stuff country wide (continent wide really) is very very expensive. It's going to cost at least $10,000-$20,000 easily, probably more. Most people I know who did it had their work cover the expenses or they rented a U-Haul themselves and drove. When my parents moved, it cost $20,000 to move everything in their house (dinning room furniture, bedroom set) and that was 15 years ago; they had a normal 3-bedroom house, not a mansion or anything.
But Ginette had already spent (rather, wasted) a lot to haul Elle's stuff from Vancouver to FL, and that was an international move which would have made it more expensive. Considering she probably has some pretty expensive stuff there, arranging to move it to Seattle would still be cheaper than abandoning it and buying all new stuff like she did. But who are we dealing with here? She was glad to use an expense and complicated logistics excuse to justify in her mind letting perfectly good stuff rot in storage (which her mother may still be paying for regardless) so that she has a"valid reason" to go shopping on a grand scale and waste tens (if not hundreds) of thousands more of her mother's money.

But Ginette had already spent (rather, wasted) a lot to haul Elle's stuff from Vancouver to FL, and that was an international move which would have made it more expensive. Considering she probably has some pretty expensive stuff there, arranging to move it to Seattle would still be cheaper than abandoning it and buying all new stuff like she did. But who are we dealing with here? She was glad to use an expense and complicated logistics excuse to justify in her mind letting perfectly good stuff rot in storage (which her mother may still be paying for regardless) so that she has a"valid reason" to go shopping on a grand scale and waste tens (if not hundreds) of thousands more of her mother's money.
But if she moves it to Seattle, it'll go to storage there too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
But if she moves it to Seattle, it'll go to storage there too? She has new furniture in Seattle it seems.
I meant it would have made more sense for her to arrange for hauling BEFORE she bought mountains of new furniture, clothes, housewares and other stuff. But that's not how Elle's mind works.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.