Elle Darby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else noticed that her sister Lucy's twins never seem to be smiling? They are old enough now and she is always holding them like she's never held a baby before! No head support, they look like they are flopping all over the place.
Lucy has her own thread you'll have more luck with that there ☺

I like Elle but I just find her unrelateable these days. The bed in her latest video starts at £795 .... she was the girl who uploaded bnm and the range hauls and now she’s panelling her brand new £350,000+ house, buying ridiculous amounts of jo malone candles and buying £100 lampshades from the white company. She’s spending money like it’s going out of fashion and will end up loosing subscribers!

Reactions: 14
I like Elle but I just find her unrelateable these days. The bed in her latest video starts at £795 .... she was the girl who uploaded bnm and the range hauls and now she’s panelling her brand new £350,000+ house, buying ridiculous amounts of jo malone candles and buying £100 lampshades from the white company. She’s spending money like it’s going out of fashion and will end up loosing subscribers!
To be fair £800 for a quality bed is reasonable haha buy cheap buy twice and all that. It's more economical to buy a long lasting bed rather than a cheapie from ikea

Reactions: 5
To be fair £800 for a quality bed is reasonable haha buy cheap buy twice and all that. It's more economical to buy a long lasting bed rather than a cheapie from ikea
This is a good point! However we know Elle will get bored with that bed and probably have a new one by next year ha

Reactions: 6
I think this is always the main criticism with any "influencer" that I will forever disagree with. I would buy nice things if I had the money. 100% would without blinking an eye. I would spend the money on quality clothes, house, furniture, food, etc. Would I get my house paneled? No, because that is not my style. Would I get a massive hot tub put in and buy a nice car? Yes definitely. It is questionable when it comes to things such as fast fashion since we all know the cost of that for the planet and it always grinds my gears when ANY influencer promotes any of those brands since i don't really believe they even need advertising. People but that tit enough already. I understand when the criticism comes from how they have changed in terms of attitude and gratefulness, but let's be honest, we would all be spending the money in some way or another. I think actually Elle is one of few that has remained authentic-ish with her content and doesn't come forward as a total narcissist as most youtubers these days. I have moved away from youtube in the past year but whenever I feel like watching something light hearted and know it will not be ad on top of ad, I will tune in.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This is a good point! However we know Elle will get bored with that bed and probably have a new one by next year ha
Ah what does she care, it’ll probably be #gifted anyway 🤣🤣

I think this is always the main criticism with any "influencer" that I will forever disagree with. I would buy nice things if I had the money. 100% would without blinking an eye. I would spend the money on quality clothes, house, furniture, food, etc. Would I get my house paneled? No, because that is not my style. Would I get a massive hot tub put in and buy a nice car? Yes definitely. It is questionable when it comes to things such as fast fashion since we all know the cost of that for the planet and it always grinds my gears when ANY influencer promotes any of those brands since i don't really believe they even need advertising. People but that tit enough already. I understand when the criticism comes from how they have changed in terms of attitude and gratefulness, but let's be honest, we would all be spending the money in some way or another. I think actually Elle is one of few that has remained authentic-ish with her content and doesn't come forward as a total narcissist as most youtubers these days. I have moved away from youtube in the past year but whenever I feel like watching something light hearted and know it will not be ad on top of ad, I will tune in.
I agree to an extent, of all the influencers/youtubers, Elle is one that I prefer to watch. And I would spend the money if I had it too. I think what frustrates a lot of people (including me) about these influencers is the fact that some of their income is often based on lies. Hopping from brand to brand then dropping it as soon as they’ve been paid for an ad. Saying products are their favourite and then they’re never to be seen again.
I totally agree though that Elle is typically light hearted and not every video is ad after ad!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yeah I agree with other posters re: the bed. When I worked in a homeware shop the beds could run up to £2k+. Good quality beds are not cheap and you don't want to skimp out on them and get them from somewhere like Argos if you can help it.

I agree that she spends ridiculously though. However, I do think a lot of the clothing and stuff like that gets secretly returned.

Her new home looks so old fashioned how she has decorated it. I’m glad she’s got different taste to all the grey homes but I feel as though she’s going too far to make it look like something out of the white company catalogue 🤨

Reactions: 3
Ah what does she care, it’ll probably be #gifted anyway 🤣🤣

I agree to an extent, of all the influencers/youtubers, Elle is one that I prefer to watch. And I would spend the money if I had it too. I think what frustrates a lot of people (including me) about these influencers is the fact that some of their income is often based on lies. Hopping from brand to brand then dropping it as soon as they’ve been paid for an ad. Saying products are their favourite and then they’re never to be seen again.
I totally agree though that Elle is typically light hearted and not every video is ad after ad!
oh yeah, definitely! I think it was just few weeks ago when I noticed Elle raving about some skincare brand she uses so religiously since September but I could've sworn I saw her shilling something in November. I think it personally I am past the stage of being influenced to buy everything they show (and trust me i have sadly spent a lot of money on tit and expensive products) so I know how to take these posts with a pinch of salt. I am also almost 27 so I am aware that their target is younger audience who will not think twice, because I didn't. I am just hoping that this madness ends soon and I don't wish anyone harm by all means, but man wouldn't it be great to just see all of them realize what it takes to put money aside for big purchases and budget for food and clothes for example. I'm ready to grab popcorn :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
I don’t agree with that statement haha - our bed cost £300 and we’ve had it 4 years so far and its absolutely fine doesn’t need changing and won’t any time soon.

I don’t agree with that statement haha - our bed cost £300 and we’ve had it 4 years so far and its absolutely fine doesn’t need changing and won’t any time soon.
Same here. We have a 15 year old wood bed frame from Ikea that cost less than $100 and is doing just fine including moving house. It's the mattress that needs careful consideration when buying unless you want to replace it every couple of years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It's not a personal dig, you just buy within your budget. If you can afford a higher quality frame you would buy that over a MDF one for much cheaper. Cant fault elle for spending her money well on long term purchases

Reactions: 4
It's not a personal dig, you just buy within your budget. If you can afford a higher quality frame you would buy that over a MDF one for much cheaper. Cant fault elle for spending her money well on long term purchases
they’re not long term purchases though 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’ll get bored in around a year and change it again.
I get the whole buy cheap, buy twice...quality over quantity and I 100% agree with that but their house isn’t even a long term purchase (Connor admitted this isn’t their forever home) so their bed certainly wouldn’t be 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

they’re not long term purchases though 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’ll get bored in around a year and change it again.
I get the whole buy cheap, buy twice...quality over quantity and I 100% agree with that but their house isn’t even a long term purchase (Connor admitted this isn’t their forever home) so their bed certainly wouldn’t be 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
I think that is because it is easy and fast money for them and has no value. For us, it makes sense to invest and then not change that investment piece for 10 years because we worked hard for it. I WISH she (all of them) would address these things and realize its 2020 and most people at least who I know in my social circle/family are all becoming more and more environmentally conscious. they have the power to make this massive change in consumerism but choose not to because of the greed?

Reactions: 4
This 😍 It has nothing to do with quality for her and everything to do with image. She thinks if it comes from the WC it must be classy and doesn’t care whether it lasts or not. That bed is way overpriced. When I bought my cheap wooden frame from Ikea I didn’t expect it to last but it has and so I’m not going to get rid of just because I can afford a $3k+ bed now. I don’t care what it looks lIke either because it’s always covered in bedding. 🤷‍♀️ I’d rather put that money towards something that is needed in the future like decent mattresses and vet bills. 🙄😀

Reactions: 2
i just think she comes across as very fake, her original hauls were all about cheap bargains, her being the bargain queen, now it’s all white company, Charlotte Tilbury etc, making sure she ( and Lucy/sis/mum of four) tag tag tag these brands in the hope of getting freebies. The endless pouting posing and standing with her leg looking like it’s about to break has put me right off her. She’s in it for the money, pure and simple. Greedy consumerism pushing it into her followers to try to earn more £££££s, her main audience being young girls. No, doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t think she’s a horrible person, I do however think she’s shallow.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do feel so awful for her with all that she's going through with her mom, and she posted a story yesterday and it sounded like her mom is terminal.
Photo 18-02-2020, 07 39 35.png

My heart absolutely breaks for her. Whether you agree with the mindless spending or not, no one deserves to lose their mother so young & in such a horrible way x

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Personally, I find the "make the most of your mum" schtick pretty hurtful. Not everyone has a positive relationship with their mothers. There's no universal rule for how you should feel about your maternal figure. It shows a massive lack of empathy not to consider that people and their relationships are not all the same.

Reactions: 11
Personally, I find the "make the most of your mum" schtick pretty hurtful. Not everyone has a positive relationship with their mothers. There's no universal rule for how you should feel about your maternal figure. It shows a massive lack of empathy not to consider that people and their relationships are not all the same.
I don’t think she’s saying there’s a universal rule but she’s obviously upset with the fact she could be losing her mum soon. I wouldn’t slate her for her choice of words there.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.