Elle Darby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought when you got a new build you had to wait a while to paint? Or is that just certain ones? I know Lindsey.lifestyle said they have to wait a year
I think your allowed to paint but not put wallpaper up, I could be wrong

Reactions: 2
I thought when you got a new build you had to wait a while to paint? Or is that just certain ones? I know Lindsey.lifestyle said they have to wait a year
We were told to wait 18 months to decorate because the walls needed to fully settle

You’re not allowed to do anything to the walls in the first 12 months.
I wondered that when I watched the vlog.

Reactions: 1
I moved into a new build in September and you are correct, you shouldn’t decorate.
Wallpaper is bad because it then doesn’t let the house dry out so you get worse cracks. Paint depending on what type it is can cause the issue if you have a breathable paint it’s normally okay but bathroom or kitchen paint because it’s me more durable can cause problems. I’ve been in my house 3 months now and the original gloss paint is starting to crack because of the heating and stuff

You’re allowed to do whatever you like if you own it
I live in a new build (renting) we’ve been told to wait 6-12m otherwise the paint / wallpaper will crack, and will need to redo it

Reactions: 1
You’re allowed to do whatever you like if you own it
I live in a new build (renting) we’ve been told to wait 6-12m otherwise the paint / wallpaper will crack, and will need to redo it
Can’t work out if your being sarcastic or not?

Can’t work out if your being sarcastic or not?
Nope lol
Anyway just watched the recent vlog one thing that bothers me is Elle paying for everything. What is connors job? Surely he can’t afford 50% of everything

Reactions: 3
Nope lol
Anyway just watched the recent vlog one thing that bothers me is Elle paying for everything. What is connors job? Surely he can’t afford 50% of everything
It’s not about if you own it or not - it’s about keeping the house in good nick. In fact, if you own it, it’s just as, if not more important, not to decorate it - because it’s your own property you’re potentially damaging!

Reactions: 6
It’s not about if you own it or not - it’s about keeping the house in good nick. In fact, if you own it, it’s just as, if not more important, not to decorate it - because it’s your own property you’re potentially damaging!
Everyone’s saying she’s not allowed... who’s going to tell her off. And it wouldn’t damage the property, it would just end up costing more as it would need redoing

my friend saw her in B&Q, he said she had copies!! As you say, just own it!
i wonder if she is “gifting” anyone the Angelle collection??? Seems a lot of YTubers are not quite as generous when it comes to taking money out of their own pockets.

Last edited:
All our paint colours we “stole” from Farrow & Ball and just got crown to mix them for us so I can’t blame them there, and when I tell people I do say “oh yes this is Farrow and Ball Wimborne White” at least they’re being sensible with their money

Reactions: 9
You are right, I get that but as she says she’s just a normal person etc wouldn’t it be more relatable to say that rather than be all ‘fancy fancy paint in my new build’ Paint that will probably crack soon as the plaster won’t have dried out properly in their new house...

Very true, I’d find that very relatable

Edit: I just watched her vlogmas from today and she did say she took it to B&Q and they mixed a colour so she was honest about it! Definitely don’t see a problem with this and refreshing compared to someone like Gabby who basically should be paying rent in F&B for the amount of time she spends in there

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
That is refreshing, good on her I don’t mind that (I can’t bring myself to watch her vlogmas!)

This won’t go down well,
but considering we haven’t seen Elle visit her mum, or her even mention her mum, and Katie has got the bus to meet Elle In town, and has gone over to their new house.

and considering in the days they were supposed to be in New York Elle has got.

a new range launched.
a new sofa delivered.
a sitting room painted.
a kitchen island made and installed.
a fireplace built and painted,
electrician and painters in........

I’m betting this is the reason they posponed the holiday, sure they had only been home 2 weeks and moved house.
if they had gone to new york none of this would be done.

I know her mum is sick but I’m leaning more towards it being the house and new angelllelele range that’s kept them home

Reactions: 20
Completely agree!

I hate her kitchen island. I was proper jealous of her lovely house but in my opinion the island ruins the kitchen. It's too big for the kitchen. All it needed was a dining table where she said she is putting a sofa not an island. I've never heard of a sofa in a kitchen before.

Reactions: 6
Yes glad she said it, also most decorators don’t rate F&B. I have zero problem with colour matching. The house will settle and they will get cracks I expect, but easy to fill and paint over.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.