Elle Darby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought when you got a new build you had to wait a while to paint? Or is that just certain ones? I know Lindsey.lifestyle said they have to wait a year
I think your allowed to paint but not put wallpaper up, I could be wrong šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 2
I thought when you got a new build you had to wait a while to paint? Or is that just certain ones? I know Lindsey.lifestyle said they have to wait a year
We were told to wait 18 months to decorate because the walls needed to fully settle

Youā€™re not allowed to do anything to the walls in the first 12 months.
I wondered that when I watched the vlog.

Reactions: 1
I moved into a new build in September and you are correct, you shouldnā€™t decorate.
Wallpaper is bad because it then doesnā€™t let the house dry out so you get worse cracks. Paint depending on what type it is can cause the issue if you have a breathable paint itā€™s normally okay but bathroom or kitchen paint because itā€™s me more durable can cause problems. Iā€™ve been in my house 3 months now and the original gloss paint is starting to crack because of the heating and stuff

Youā€™re allowed to do whatever you like if you own it šŸ¤”
I live in a new build (renting) weā€™ve been told to wait 6-12m otherwise the paint / wallpaper will crack, and will need to redo it

Reactions: 1
Youā€™re allowed to do whatever you like if you own it šŸ¤”
I live in a new build (renting) weā€™ve been told to wait 6-12m otherwise the paint / wallpaper will crack, and will need to redo it
Canā€™t work out if your being sarcastic or not? šŸ¤£

Canā€™t work out if your being sarcastic or not? šŸ¤£
Nope lol
Anyway just watched the recent vlog one thing that bothers me is Elle paying for everything. What is connors job? Surely he canā€™t afford 50% of everything

Reactions: 3
Nope lol
Anyway just watched the recent vlog one thing that bothers me is Elle paying for everything. What is connors job? Surely he canā€™t afford 50% of everything
Itā€™s not about if you own it or not - itā€™s about keeping the house in good nick. In fact, if you own it, itā€™s just as, if not more important, not to decorate it - because itā€™s your own property youā€™re potentially damaging!

Reactions: 6
Itā€™s not about if you own it or not - itā€™s about keeping the house in good nick. In fact, if you own it, itā€™s just as, if not more important, not to decorate it - because itā€™s your own property youā€™re potentially damaging!
Everyoneā€™s saying sheā€™s not allowed... whoā€™s going to tell her off. And it wouldnā€™t damage the property, it would just end up costing more as it would need redoing

So the paint swatches from the other day on her story - she said they were all farrow and ball.
Today sheā€™s posted her room painted... look in the fireplace.
Now donā€™t get me wrong I approve of getting a cheaper version and getting a colour match but I donā€™t like the fact itā€™s not pointed out because farrow and ball paint is the insta ā€˜thingā€™ at the moment.
Maybe Iā€™m taking it too heart too much but it pisses me off.
my friend saw her in B&Q, he said she had copies!! šŸ˜‚ As you say, just own it!
i wonder if she is ā€œgiftingā€ anyone the Angelle collection??? Seems a lot of YTubers are not quite as generous when it comes to taking money out of their own pockets.

Last edited:
So the paint swatches from the other day on her story - she said they were all farrow and ball.
Today sheā€™s posted her room painted... look in the fireplace.
Now donā€™t get me wrong I approve of getting a cheaper version and getting a colour match but I donā€™t like the fact itā€™s not pointed out because farrow and ball paint is the insta ā€˜thingā€™ at the moment.
Maybe Iā€™m taking it too heart too much but it pisses me off.
All our paint colours we ā€œstoleā€ from Farrow & Ball and just got crown to mix them for us so I canā€™t blame them there, and when I tell people I do say ā€œoh yes this is Farrow and Ball Wimborne Whiteā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ at least theyā€™re being sensible with their money šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 9
All our paint colours we ā€œstoleā€ from Farrow & Ball and just got crown to mix them for us so I canā€™t blame them there, and when I tell people I do say ā€œoh yes this is Farrow and Ball Wimborne Whiteā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ at least theyā€™re being sensible with their money šŸ˜‚
You are right, I get that but as she says sheā€™s just a normal person etc wouldnā€™t it be more relatable to say that rather than be all ā€˜fancy fancy paint in my new buildā€™ Paint that will probably crack soon as the plaster wonā€™t have dried out properly in their new house...

You are right, I get that but as she says sheā€™s just a normal person etc wouldnā€™t it be more relatable to say that rather than be all ā€˜fancy fancy paint in my new buildā€™ Paint that will probably crack soon as the plaster wonā€™t have dried out properly in their new house...
Very true, Iā€™d find that very relatable

Edit: I just watched her vlogmas from today and she did say she took it to B&Q and they mixed a colour so she was honest about it! Definitely donā€™t see a problem with this and refreshing compared to someone like Gabby who basically should be paying rent in F&B for the amount of time she spends in there šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

Edit: I just watched her vlogmas from today and she did say she took it to B&Q and they mixed a colour so she was honest about it! Definitely donā€™t see a problem with this and refreshing compared to someone like Gabby who basically should be paying rent in F&B for the amount of time she spends in there šŸ˜‚
That is refreshing, good on her šŸ‘šŸ» I donā€™t mind that (I canā€™t bring myself to watch her vlogmas!)

This wonā€™t go down well,
but considering we havenā€™t seen Elle visit her mum, or her even mention her mum, and Katie has got the bus to meet Elle In town, and has gone over to their new house.

and considering in the days they were supposed to be in New York Elle has got.

a new range launched.
a new sofa delivered.
a sitting room painted.
a kitchen island made and installed.
a fireplace built and painted,
electrician and painters in........

Iā€™m betting this is the reason they posponed the holiday, sure they had only been home 2 weeks and moved house.
if they had gone to new york none of this would be done.

I know her mum is sick but Iā€™m leaning more towards it being the house and new angelllelele range thatā€™s kept them home

Reactions: 20
This wonā€™t go down well,
but considering we havenā€™t seen Elle visit her mum, her mention her mum, and Katie has got the bus to meet Elle In town, and has gone over to their new house.

and considering in the days they were supposed to be in New York Elle has got.

a new range launched.
a new sofa delivered.
a sitting room painted.
a kitchen island made and installed.
a fireplace built and painted,
electrician and painters in........

Iā€™m betting this is the reason they posponed the holiday, sure they had only been home 2 weeks and moved house.
if they had gone to new york none of this would be done.

I know her mum is sick but Iā€™m leaning more towards it being the house and new angelllelele range thatā€™s kept them home
Completely agree!

I dislike her kitchen island. I was proper jealous of her lovely house but in my opinion the island ruins the kitchen. It's too big for the kitchen. All it needed was a dining table where she said she is putting a sofa not an island. I've never heard of a sofa in a kitchen before.

Reactions: 6

Edit: I just watched her vlogmas from today and she did say she took it to B&Q and they mixed a colour so she was honest about it! Definitely donā€™t see a problem with this and refreshing compared to someone like Gabby who basically should be paying rent in F&B for the amount of time she spends in ther
Yes glad she said it, also most decorators donā€™t rate F&B. I have zero problem with colour matching. The house will settle and they will get cracks I expect, but easy to fill and paint over.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.