Elle Darby-Swift #76 'The Texas Chain-Store Ambassador'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she heating up water for a cup of tea in the microwave instead of just boiling some on the hob 😂 is it just me or isn't that the obvious thing to do without a kettle?!

Reactions: 16
Why is she heating up water for a cup of tea in the microwave instead of just boiling some on the hob 😂 is it just me or isn't that the obvious thing to do without a kettle?!
I think it's an American practice, I often see Americans on IG/Tiktok making tea in the microwave (ew) and the comments section littered with infuriated Brits and Irish people asking what the hell they're playing at. Electric kettles aren't really a thing in the US as they have a preference for coffee - I remember always seeing those big coffee jugs in American homes on tv as a kid and getting confused lol. I think due to the voltage difference, electric kettles in the US take longer to boil water too. Now why EDL is doing it using a microwave over a hob? That's just stupidity.

Reactions: 9
Surely you can buy a kettle in the US? If its such a big thing.
Me and family went on holiday to France and our caravan didn't have a kettle so we bought one at the supermarket for 10 euros and brought it home for a spare.
Why doesn't she think of these things. It's the same with the biscuits.

Reactions: 7
Spends god knows what on biscuits but shops a uk non compliant kettle over 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Master mind she is not!
---
I think it's an American practice, I often see Americans on IG/Tiktok making tea in the microwave (ew) and the comments section littered with infuriated Brits and Irish people asking what the hell they're playing at. Electric kettles aren't really a thing in the US as they have a preference for coffee - I remember always seeing those big coffee jugs in American homes on tv as a kid and getting confused lol. I think due to the voltage difference, electric kettles in the US take longer to boil water too. Now why EDL is doing it using a microwave over a hob? That's just stupidity.
As a kid I used to think it was the height of sophistication to have a coffee pot always on the go 😂😂 That’s the thing, Elle is British! Surely she knows how to boil water on a hob and to know that has to be better than the microwave!

Reactions: 14
Haha nothing really she came on a vlog ages ago with a new Emma bridgewater mug and made out to her followers as though Emma Bridgwater is just like a small local business run by one lady and Elle just loves her products and her followers should buy from her too ☠😂
Awww ok , thank you for your reply xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Because she is Americhunnn, my sweet angle. Living her coastal cowgirl era yeehaw xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Spends god knows what on biscuits but shops a uk non compliant kettle over 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ Master mind she is not!
---

As a kid I used to think it was the height of sophistication to have a coffee pot always on the go 😂😂 That’s the thing, Elle is British! Surely she knows how to boil water on a hob and to know that has to be better than the microwave!
Same thing I thought regarding the coffee pot 🤣 used to think they were so posh and sophisticated lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Surely you can buy a kettle in the US? If its such a big thing.
Yes, you can buy them in Target, Walmart, everywhere. All the overpriced brands too like Smeg. They are not in every home, but you can get one anywhere.

Reactions: 4
This vlog was the first time I’ve heard them sound frugal… for them anyway! Like usually splashing the cash but they sounded like they were trying to be more conscious of spends. Then spiked $200 on biscuits and marmite

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She had a facial at the spa instead of a massage… because you arnt meant to get normal back massages when early pregnant are you??

Reactions: 6
I saw the spa pic and thought ‘oh, maybe she’s made some friends and is having a girly day’ then it turned out she’s just there with Conman 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She had a facial at the spa instead of a massage… because you arnt meant to get normal back massages when early pregnant are you??
You can have massages while pregnant. I did! You're not supposed to go to spas though.

Reactions: 3
Tbh if I were living in a kettle-less universe and just making one cup of tea, I'd probs boil the water the in microwave rather than getting out a pan and using the hob - maybe I'm just lazy 😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.