Elle Darby #50 No respect for anyone, not even my sister. This New Year I'll be finding a new mister

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question here.. this is mostly for anybody who she specifically targeted in her awful tweets.. what would you like her to do now? If I was her I’d be asking what she can do to make this better for anyone she has offended..
Make a video apologising to those groups specifically, and show what she is doing to educate herself. I think she should also address the racist remarks she's made in the past 5 years instead of only focusing on the 10 year old tweets

Reactions: 31
This is really interesting, in situations like these influencers are so quick to tell you they’re reflecting and learning and taking some time out etc etc but no one ever opens up the floor and asks what they can do. I think it would be a really smart move (and then actually doing it obv)
Yes I also believe that would be a smart move. My toxic brain was thinking if I was ever caught dead in a situation like this what the duck would I do. Probs change my name and move countries tbh but that’s because being an influencer is honestly up there with one of the worst things I could think of doing. But in all seriousness if I wanted to keep somewhat of a platform I’d delve right into what I’d said and almost face it big time and say anybody who I’ve called out in these tweets and been disgusting towards, I would want to know exactly how I can make this better for THEM

Reactions: 10
Genuine question here.. this is mostly for anybody who she specifically targeted in her awful tweets.. what would you like her to do now? If I was her I’d be asking what she can do to make this better for anyone she has offended..
As someone who falls into more than one of those categories and thought the world of Elle previously, I don’t want to see her online again. I won’t ever support her or praise her like I used to. I wasted hours of my life, time and money on her. But a more realistic approach would be for her to understand why she hurt people. Why fat shaming is hurtful? why is xenophobia hurtful? Why is it wrong to use offensive Words? Truly understand and repent. But her video yesterday seemed half arsed and disgruntled

Reactions: 57
Yes I also believe that would be a smart move. My toxic brain was thinking if I was ever caught dead in a situation like this what the duck would I do. Probs change my name and move countries tbh but that’s because being an influencer is honestly up there with one of the worst things I could think of doing. But in all seriousness if I wanted to keep somewhat of a platform I’d delve right into what I’d said and almost face it big time and say anybody who I’ve called out in these tweets and been disgusting towards, I would want to know exactly how I can make this better for THEM
Not ME… which is basically all she’s said in her apology video… is how it affects her? I mean duck being her right now seriously awful but it’s so much more than just her now

Reactions: 6
Get a normal job,how people like her are allowed to infuence especially there are lots of young girls looking up to her,thats all she needs to do now,and I wish her well i don't hate her

Reactions: 19
interesting, some of her tweets were ‘quotes from her mum’
I'm not the kind of person that speaks ill of the dead out of respect and that they aren't here to defend themselves, but there's something about her mum that I don't like.

Its not just the tweets mentioning her, but Elle's words and actions. People aren't born racist, it's learned behaviour, and I feel like a lot of who Elle is is down to her mum. I just get the feeling that she had the same views

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Get a normal job,how people like her are allowed to infuence especially there are lots of young girls looking up to her,thats all she needs to do now,and I wish her well i don't hate her
Yes agreed, disable her socials or private them or whatever and just move on. Accept fault and think I don’t deserve a platform.

Reactions: 14
I think the same, like what do people want her to do. The more videos she makes about it the less sincere they would feel to me personally as a poc. They forgot to say sorry in the initial statement and when people have to be told to say sorry I don't think it's genuine. Iv saw it suggested that she donates to Poc charities again not something that feels genuine to me, people should donate to charities because they want to not to prove they are sorry. Personally I don't feel like she should ever come back from this but I'm angry. I'd maybe like her to come back in a few months and see how she's educated herself but I doubt she will.

Reactions: 12
I'm not the kind of person that speaks ill of the dead out of respect and that they aren't here to defend themselves, but there's something about her mum that I don't like.

Its not just the tweets mentioning her, but Elle's words and actions. People aren't born racist, it's learned behaviour, and I feel like a lot of who Elle is is down to her mum. I just get the feeling that she had the same views
no I know what you mean, I think what she was tweeting is very normal conversation she was having in her household as the amount of stuff that was just said so casually

Reactions: 11
Make a video apologising to those groups specifically, and show what she is doing to educate herself. I think she should also address the racist remarks she's made in the past 5 years instead of only focusing on the 10 year old tweets
been there, done that, bought and probably returned for refund the next day the book.

social pandering at its finest,
At that point did she think….. actually, I might want to take a look at what I’ve posted in the past and see if my own behaviour has been questionable. And let’s be honest it’s been more than questionable 😂 and not something you’d forget doing!
Did she duck….she took her Instagram photo with her aesthetically pleasing background, and then bounced back to real housewives of NY in bed at 11am.
It was a tool for interaction, like all influencers jumping on the gay/trans/racism bandwagons.
When faced with racism or micro aggressions, if your thoughts are “how can I benefit from this” knowing “I’ve regularly done this tit myself” then you’re a really fucked up individual 😐

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Still shocked at her pathetic apology video, it all felt very ME ME ME and like she's feeling sorry for herself imo, if anyone thinks that she is genuinely sorry then more fool them.
It was the clap at the beginning that made me go hmmm, before she started to speak

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Didn't want to post this at the time and give anyone reading ideas but I genuinely am supprised at the attempt to say sorry and she admitted what she had done. I was expecting a video saying that it wasn't her, someone jealous of her had hacked her account, she didn't know what was being posted etc so the account was left dormant and she didn't know about the content. I know there were her own pictures of pets, herself and the link to the ebay selling the gift from her nan but if she was posting pics on Facebook or links these could have easily been taken and posted on the twitter. There's prob things she would have struggled to explain like comments to the boyfriend she had but for the mass who don't read on here I don't think in the media they would ever have even mentioned things like that. Anyway, that was my CONspiracy, rather than own up to it I thought she would just lie, even though the apology is a joke I thought she was going to stoop even lower xx

Reactions: 11
At first I genuinely thought she would come back from this. But now I think it’s impossible? I also think alot of her followers are bots. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. 🤔

Also, she looked so bizarre in her video? Her entire face looked swollen? And it wouldn’t become that swollen from crying. Maybe she had something done? 🤦🏽‍♀️ She honestly looked like a different person

Reactions: 46
had a look through her tumblr posted in the other thread and not sure if she knows where this is 😭
DBACD935-3162-46E6-8161-5D4222702318.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.