Elle Darby #40 Connor's cheating, racist tweeting, lock down your profiles and get deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gleam will be on huge damage control, if you are appalled by her actions please let brands know, this cannot be overlooked or played down, those tweets were vile.
These people are way to close to their managers etc, it’s so unprofessional

Reactions: 19
Do they really believe that half arsed statement is going to cut it? I’m a Mum to 2 sons aged 18 and 14, and neither of them use language like this pair have. Nor do they post slurs all over the internet. So age is definitely no excuse. Only people who also use that type of language would and will defend them. It’s winding me up, I grew up in the late 80’s early 90’s and have friends from all cultures and backgrounds and NEVER used such disgusting terms, EVER. It doesn’t matter that is was a decade ago, it could have been 10 days ago for all I care. Ps what texting scandal? Any evidence? Happy New Year x

Reactions: 40
I’m sorry what a disgusting pair… it’s not like it’s 1 tweet it’s 10s if not more. Awful

Reactions: 18
What has pissed me off the most about that apology was the fact they said they were looking through their socials and come across the tweets. NO you were not. You got called out and say that’s what happened! Why lie the proof is already there! Do we reckon an apology video will be coming out or is the queen biscuit too good for one of those?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
As a training psychologist she genuinely displays classic signs of psychopathy from those tweets...
As a training psychologist you should know that you shouldn’t make these broad statements based on a series of tweets. Elles a right twit but I hate when people do this. Psychopathy is very complex don’t try and water it down

• Heart
Reactions: 43
two things, firstly, for the people saying she was young and only 16/17, when I was that age, I would never have thought or said anything like that?! plus, she started youtube about 5 years ago? that means that when she first started it wasn't that long ago that she was being racist, homophobic etc.!

Reactions: 7
What has pissed me off the most about that apology was the fact they said they were looking through their socials and come across the tweets. NO you were not. You got called out and say that’s what happened! Why lie the proof is already there! Do we reckon an apology video will be coming out or is the queen biscuit too good for one of those?
Still lying and that needs to be made very clear to anyone still defending her, she is a liar over how this came about, so why should anyone believe a word she is saying.

Reactions: 15
The fact that more and more tweets are being found 🙈🙈 I’m cringing sooooooo bad it just keeps getting worse. There is zero excuse for her language, it’s appalling

• Wow
Reactions: 40
They'll do a Laura Lee/Imogenation style video.. full on tears, plain grey/black white jumper, holding SSS, Saying they know they've done wrong they've reflected and taken time to work on themselves.. their mental health was already in a bad place because Elles mum passed away, they've been receiving 1000s of death threats a day, they had to go away on holiday as people knew where they lived and were egging their house and had to protect sss (insert any other sympathy drawing life event)
Just say you're a crappy person and you're sorry.. even though it will be damage control and are only sorry you've been caught out.. don't make it this extravagant all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
it’s awful. I can’t believe those tweets. There’s no getting away from it or come back but I would have thought their management would have went through previous social media posts to protect them in the future. Not that’s right either!

Reactions: 15
Had to come over to these threads to see the mentioned tweets. Sometimes when I hear about old resurfaced posts I do think they can be blown out of proportion. In this case they really are vile. She can’t be a very nice girl at all with thoughts like that in her head, even if it was 10 years ago

Reactions: 34
hey!

First time posting on here, but when I woke up this morning to find that both Elle and Connor have been exposed for being racist, homophobic, fatphobic and everything in between, I just had to come here!

In all honesty, I don’t really care about the cheating allegations. When it comes to influencers personal lives, I don’t pay much attention - but I do feel influencers should be held accountable for any harmful or distressing comments they’ve made or actions. In the lockdowns, I remember a lot of influencers arguing the point that it is their job, so when it came to travelling and stuff like that, they should be able to do so in order to create content for others and the reason I bring this up lol is because in any other job as a lot of you guys have already said, these tweets would be discussed in a disciplinary meeting and they would be fired or at the very least, suspended and it makes me angry that influencers do not get the same accountability - because let’s face it, Elle and Con will still carry on as they are once everything has blown over and they’ll still have supporters.

One thing I did want to add is that in their “apology”, Elle uses specific wording to try trick her audience into thinking that we are all overreacting - saying things like “histories”, “very long time ago” and “in particular a decade ago” is just highlighting that they don’t feel it is something that should be held accountable now which I would argue makes everything ten times worse and just goes to show these “old” opinions that they’ve done so much “reflection on” are still very apparent.

I did use to like Elle, cried when her she posted videos about her Mum, was genuinely happy for her when she got engaged blah blah, but now since reading those tweets, I have unfollowed and to be brutally honest, I don’t think you can say you are an allie for ethnic minorities if you can still support influencers who not only, at the age of 16/17 felt it was appropriate to tweet such hateful comments but also to support someone (and many other influencers who do the same) who think it is okay to just post an apology that has no accountability and no means to change. Like they could have at least said they were going to donate money to Black charities??

Reactions: 57
Maybe her hate for foreign people is the REAL reason she couldn’t cope while travelling…

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.