Elle Darby #10 she's up the duff, they're in the buff, Angellessss just can't get enough

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 369738
We really aren’t going to ever hear the last of it are we 😭
They’re all the same, totally insufferable. It’s as though they are the first people ever to have a baby. 🙄

also, the end of her, “finding out I’m pregnant video”. Once again, it didn’t sit right with me how she tries to do this whole emotional video, but then at the end she goes into cheesy ad mode as she starts to plug her upcoming videos. 🙄

She also didn’t have any tears for the first few minutes of her crying which I thought was odd.

Reactions: 21
Watching Elle's pregnancy video make me so glad I'm not an influencer and get to just enjoy major life moments without thinking about how to monetise every single thing that happens in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
or maybe a maternity/kids clothes with james and carys line? Dunno what it’s called 😂
i forgot they had their own line. They’re all carbon copies of each other it makes me sick

engagement or wedding - check
‘Clothing’ line - check
House renovations (painting and decorating and getting someone else to do it) - check
Animal for extra content - check
Baby for content - check

🥴🥴 it’s so fuckin boring. they blend into a beige and off white mix of nothingness 😖

Reactions: 35
I can really see a 'Swift Family' Youtube channel being made and them really trying to channel the Ace family Youtube in the UK!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Placing a non skippable ad right before the reaction just proves how this is all about making money. I found the reaction very forced, no tears, lots of glances at the camera. It’s really cringy. The TTC thing is ridiculous, she got pregnant immediately.
Super happy for her but disappointed in the way she’s going down the Carys route with content overload on pregnancy and non existent TTC. I would have thought she would have seen the negative reaction from Carys and done it differently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52
In the intro of her new video she's like this is emotional so if you're feeling emotional today grab your tissues because it is deep.

Not "if you're feeling emotional today maybe it's best you click off this video as I wouldn't want my video to impact you in any way" like any genuine youtuber suggests.

She cares more about keeping those views and that money rolling in from her videos rather than suggesting to people they stop watching now if it may affect them 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Placing a non skippable ad right before the reaction just proves how this is all about making money. I found the reaction very forced, no tears, lots of glances at the camera. It’s really cringy. The TTC thing is ridiculous, she got pregnant immediately.
Super happy for her but disappointed in the way she’s going down the Carys route with content overload on pregnancy and non existent TTC. I would have thought she would have seen the negative reaction from Carys and done it differently.
100% agree. I’m glad I’m not the only one who felt it was forced, especially with the lack of tears when she’s “crying”, as she first finds out. Maybe I’m a cynic, but the whole thing just didn’t feel right.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't usually comment, I'm usually just a reader of these threads but as somebody who has been trying for 22 months I must say I really didn't take offence to anything Elle said in her video. She didn't say it was a struggle, she was just worried it would be because she didn't ovulate the first month but she also said she didn't know how her body would react after being on birth control for 10 years and having a thyroid issue, which I think is a fair comment and concern to have. She also didn't call it a journey, she said she'll tell her "TCC story". I re-watched the start and there is not an ad before the reveal either.
I think in comparison to Carys, she was much more realistic and mature and I don't think she's doing it for money, she seemed genuinely happy. I still think con is an absolute wet wipe though so I'm interested to see how he'll be as a dad.

Reactions: 34
I don't usually comment, I'm usually just a reader of these threads but as somebody who has been trying for 22 months I must say I really didn't take offence to anything Elle said in her video. She didn't say it was a struggle, she was just worried it would be because she didn't ovulate the first month but she also said she didn't know how her body would react after being on birth control for 10 years and having a thyroid issue, which I think is a fair comment and concern to have. She also didn't call it a journey, she said she'll tell her "TCC story". I re-watched the start and there is not an ad before the reveal either.
I think in comparison to Carys, she was much more realistic and mature and I don't think she's doing it for money, she seemed genuinely happy. I still think con is an absolute wet wipe though so I'm interested to see how he'll be as a dad.
I am wondering how much of it is to do with age as well - she has only just turned 24, and being 23 was very wrapped up in taking care of her mum - I know when I was 23/24 I wouldn't have had the emotional maturity or life experiences to consider other people's fertility journeys etc. That sort of thing just comes with age and life experience I think.

Reactions: 5
Why was she “under pressure” to get pregnant? Isn’t she like 25? Newly engaged? Maybe enjoy that and wait for the wedding first like? Or does that mean less exciting content and less traction in an already saturated influencer market? Like “get pregnant now to keep them interested”?

I don’t think she’s a horrible person but I think the pressure of the job has completely gone to her head and she’s just spitting out major life events to ride this wave of having a management team, viral engagement announcement and the cash flowing in and has completely lost the run of herself. I think she’ll seriously regret this down the line when she matures a bit and is actually ready to look at her life and see that nothing she’s done since her YouTube channel picked up was authentic or for the right reasons.

But hey ho, onward to the reaction vids and first trimester vlog and then gender reveal party and all the other inane stuff on the mumfluencer agenda.

Reactions: 24
I am wondering how much of it is to do with age as well - she has only just turned 24, and being 23 was very wrapped up in taking care of her mum - I know when I was 23/24 I wouldn't have had the emotional maturity or life experiences to consider other people's fertility journeys etc. That sort of thing just comes with age and life experience I think.
Not to be pedantic, but she’s just turned 25, in December. :)

and I was 25 three weeks before her and I am definitely emotionally mature enough to consider other people’s feelings, but maybe that’s because I had a hard life and I didn’t grow up with everything handed to me on a plate.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
How can she say a TTC ‘journey’ she come off the pill August and was pregnant November, that’s a piss take on people who take years
I agree using the ttc journey phrase is not right but hoping she doesn't bang in about it like carys

Reactions: 7
Can’t help but feel this vid is slightly tone deaf to people with real ttc struggles. I get that she’d been on the pill for years & has Thyroid issues but not sure why you’d jump right in with Ovulation monitors etc?! She’s just turned 25. And to have bought 30 odd pregnancy tests right out the gate🙈 Maybe I’m just old fashioned. I didn’t get ovulation kits till well over a year & a half in,next came stupid thermometers etc year 3 I’m buying crystals off healers to put under my bed & praying to every god & dead relative under the sun,10 years on & if I’m late I don’t even bother doing a test anymore cause there’s only so much sorrow a person can take. So maybe I’m just sensitive about the subject but don’t even think she should have used the word ‘ttc’ at all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
I really just wanna comment on the video asking where her jumper is from in the intro 😂 but her Angelles would probably come at me for not saying I'm sobbing cause it feels like a best friend is pregnant

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That's a good point, I forget how young all these influencers are and because they have a lot of money, they've not had the same life experience as the average Joe, they've had it very easy for the most part and their struggles aren't the average persons struggles.

Reactions: 5
Can’t help but feel this vid is slightly tone deaf to people with real ttc struggles. I get that she’d been on the pill for years & has Thyroid issues but not sure why you’d jump right in with Ovulation monitors etc?! She’s just turned 25. And to have bought 30 odd pregnancy tests right out the gate🙈 Maybe I’m just old fashioned. I didn’t get ovulation kits till well over a year & a half in,next came stupid thermometers etc year 3 I’m buying crystals off healers to put under my bed & praying to every god & dead relative under the sun,10 years on & if I’m late I don’t even bother doing a test anymore cause there’s only so much sorrow a person can take. So maybe I’m just sensitive about the subject but don’t even think she should have used the word ‘ttc’ at all.
Yeah I thought this too, I can't imagine coming off the pill then immediately becoming obsessed with tracking ovulation, telling my friends I'm ovulating, buying and taking tests regularly. It's like it's a race for them to get it done ASAP, suppose if you've got Conman flopping around on top of you you want in and out quickly

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Yeah I thought this too, I can't imagine coming off the pill then immediately becoming obsessed with tracking ovulation, telling my friends I'm ovulating, buying and taking tests regularly. It's like it's a race for them to get it done ASAP, suppose if you've got Conman flopping around on top of you you want in and out quickly
I was sat feeling abit sorry for myself but you’ve just made me spit my tea out laughing so thank you😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Plus it gives her a good excuse for a few years, “no con, I’m tired from being pregnant”. “No con, I’m tired from the newborn”. “No con, I’m tired from the toddler.” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Katie certainly isnt getting that NYC trip now that Elle is pregnant.
I feel so sorry for her. She was so excited to receive that as a gift and its just been washed away like it never happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.